Away fans allocation cut to 1000 at Ibrox

Queen of the South have reported on their website their allocation for Ibrox will only be 1000. Apparently due to problems with segregation at the Hearts game the police won't allow us to give them or anyone else this season more than 1000. That could result in a fair bit of money we will be missing out on from away fans then.

"Over the last few days we have been trying to firm up arrangements for our trip to Ibrox to play Rangers on Saturday 30th August. Both clubs had presumed that we would receive the same allocation of approximately 1,700 tickets that Hearts received for their opening weekend fixture at Ibrox. However, due to problems in segregation at that match, the police have unfortunately insisted that the away support allocation at Ibrox for the rest of the League season is to be less than 1,000 tickets. This is obviously very disappointing for us as a club and is unlikely to be sufficient tickets to satisfy demand from our supporters. We took 1,500 to Ibrox two years ago for a midweek Ramsdens Cup tie."

http://www.qosfc.com/new_newsview.aspx?newsid=2437

Does anyone know what the problems were at the Hearts game?

I never saw anything, & this is typical of the policing in our country ' Some bad boys caused trouble before, so everyone pays the price.'What about Police Scotland getting off their arses and arrest those that were causing the bother, & leave the rest of us to get on with watching the game.

When they scored they were going wild and going across the segregation an getting in peoples faces. Stewards shiting themselves.

Segregation could have been better as it looked as though there were only about 3 or 4 seats between them

It does indeed. I'd rather Ibrox was just full of Rangers fans but for games like QotS which I doubt would be a sell-out I think an extra 500 £15s or whatever ticket prices are would have been welcome.

that's the wrong attitude, rather Ibrox was just full of Rangers fans? Football games are far more enjoyable when the atmosphere is electric, you don't get that from just 9ne set of fans, you need a big home crowd and a packed away crowd to get the best atmosphere going, give me a 3 star match in front of a 5 star crowf any day of the weak over a 5 star match in front of a 3 star crowd

Early rounds midweek cup games apart, we haven't needed any help filling our stadium. Despite any issues people may have I hope this will continue.

So, Fuck em.

This is the fuckpigs trying to starve of us much needed money .Wonder where this decision originated from ? 1 police Scotland

It is the namby pamby polis that has caused this not Rangers.

Here's an idea. Instead of cutting the number of away fans why don't the cops do their job and police the away section properly. Why should all the other fans suffer due to police incompetence?

Back in the day other than the European cheats away fans stood in the Enclosure and police earned their wages.

They all stand about with their Gistapo attitude nowadays and kid on there justifying their massive fee .Anything other than being friendly to the people that pay money to be entertained .Fucking scumbags .Every one

Does anyone know what the problems were at the Hearts game?

I never saw anything, & this is typical of the policing in our country ' Some bad boys caused trouble before, so everyone pays the price.'What about Police Scotland getting off their arses and arrest those that were causing the bother, & leave the rest of us to get on with watching the game.

I sit in bf4 and the segregation was a shambles. The problem was the stewards had closed an exit and all fans had to walk across other fans line of view if going for a pish or a pie etc. which is ok normally but when your up and down from your seat to let folk past your aisle 100 plus times during the match you soon get annoyed. Glad to hear this response from rangers tbh.