BBC Sport - Rangers

The story is also on the STV site and the headline is "Rangers fan who killed woman in hit and run after games is jailed"

Just seen that, bit needless to include all the Rangers stuff? Seems irrelevant given the nature of the incident.

Rangers fan who killed woman in hit-and-run after match is jailed

An engineer who killed a woman in a hit-and-run after a Rangers game before claiming he was a "careful driver" has been jailed for three years.

John Henderson struck and then ran over Audrey Gray after he had been at Ibrox stadium in May 2013.

Henderson and others had not long left Ibrox stadium where Rangers had celebrated winning the Division Three title.

Yeah I couldn't get my head round this either.

Fair enough he was on his way back from Ibrox but the fact he's a Rangers fan is totally irrelevant, it's not a Sport's story. A woman has tragically lost her life due to a careless driver who failed to stop.

If I hit someone with my car on the way back from ASDA and was jailed for it, would it be reported as "ASDA shopper jailed" or coming back from anywhere for that matter. Ridiculous.

Fair enough he was on his way back from Ibrox but the fact he's a Rangers fan is totally irrelevant, it's not a Sport's story. A woman has tragically lost her life due to a careless driver who failed to stop.

If I hit someone with my car on the way back from ASDA and was jailed for it, would it be reported as "ASDA shopper jailed" or coming back from anywhere for that matter. Ridiculous.

Absolutely spot on mate.

Just seen that, bit needless to include all the Rangers stuff? Seems irrelevant given the nature of the incident.

Rangers fan who killed woman in hit-and-run after match is jailed

An engineer who killed a woman in a hit-and-run after a Rangers game before claiming he was a "careful driver" has been jailed for three years.

John Henderson struck and then ran over Audrey Gray after he had been at Ibrox stadium in May 2013.

Henderson and others had not long left Ibrox stadium where Rangers had celebrated winning the Division Three title.

Its a mhedia thing that's been going g on for a while, if you read about incidents involving that lot it usually is described as a football fan etc, no mention of their allegiance usually appears in headline.

If you done it on the way home from Porkhead the headline would be "Pedestrian jaywalks into oncoming car".

Well put (tu)

this and it's just black propaganda against our club

Looks like it's now been moved...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...l/teams/rangers

I sent a complaint through their website pointing out that this story had nothing to do with RFC, so why was it posted as lead story on the RFC page? No email confirmation of course, but at least they changed it.

Sooner or later the penny will drop among the heid yins, and whoever's responsible will get their jotters.