Rangers First Elections

Ace

The following proposals were put to the Steering Group by the Short Life Working Party and have now been agreed.

A resolution will now be drawn up to reflect these proposal.

This resolution will be put to the membership to vote on as soon as it has been legally drafted.

If the resolution is accepted then the election will follow on immediately.

There will be a public meeting during the process to answer any questions on the subject.

We have had a number of people already indicate they would like to receive information on potentially standing for election and encourage anyone else interested to go to http://www.rangersfirst.org/election-process/ and put their name forward.

In summary the process which is being written up into a resolution for the members to vote on is as follows:

• There will be up to 5 elected positions (dependent on number of folk standing so that all positions are contested)

• There is a list of 4 specific roles that must be fulfilled by members of the board, if these roles are not fulfilled by suitably qualified people from the open elections then these positions will be co-opted

• Additionally the Board will co-opt a member of the Steering Group who will have responsibility for coordinating as noted in the additional job description

• Members will cast a vote on first past the post basis for each candidate, with those polling the most votes being elected for the positions available to be filled

• SDS and Enabling Sport CIC will interview all prospective candidates with a view to making sure they fully grasp the legal responsibilities that becoming a Director of a CIC involves. ES will also act as returning officer and scrutiniser and will help with an induction programme for successful candidates

• No expenses or payment will be made to any Elected Member, there will be at least 4 meetings per year

• All prospective candidates will be asked to self-assess on the following principle.

It is vital that those initially elected to the Board of Rangers First bring as much focus to the organisation as possible and not themselves. It is therefore the desire of the organisation that in this first election We will ask all prospective members of the Board to confirm that they accept that in being entrusted by the members of RF to become members of its Board they accept that this role comes with responsibilities to put RF and the Club first and to ensure that nothing that they do or say could adversely affect it – this applies to the past actions as to the future.

The Rangers First Board needs to be open and participative and able to work with any and all Rangers supporters in the agreed interests of our Club, and focus the attention of members non-members and the media should remain on Rangers First and not board members personal history and conduct.

• All elected members will be asked to declare any social media accounts they have in their own name and any Pseudonyms

• Further Rules of Director conduct will be developed, based on the statement of values and principles.

The Board will consist of the following key roles, either elected or co-opted

• Chairman - Candidate is required to have a proven track record in business with previous experience in a CEO or Chairman role. Ideally candidate will have an excellent list of contacts across a wide range of commerce, politics and the wider society in general.

• Legal and Company Structure expert – Candidate must be a fully qualified legal representative ideally with previous knowledge and experience of Community Interest Companies or similar organisation type.

• Chartered Accountant - Candidate must be fully qualified and member of professional accountancy body (ICAS, CIMA, ACCA ). Ideally candidate will have several years’ experience working in an accountancy firm preferably at partner level.

• Media/Marketing/PR individual - Candidate will be responsible for overseeing the media related activities of Rangers First. Ideally they will have an extensive list of Public Relations and Media contacts throughout the UK and be prepared to establish and co-ordinate a media and marketing strategy for Rangers First. They should also be prepared to act as spokesperson for the organisation when required.

• Operations Director Co-opted from the Steering Group, A Steering Group representative who will act as the main source of communication between the Rangers First board and working parties. They will also be responsible for managing and co-ordinating steering group meetings and ensuring that all activities and projects are delivered on schedule. This is a very hands-on position and ideally candidate will have previous experience of project management or similar.

I imagine that if you're interested in putting your name forward, you contact RangersFirst directly.

if they want your social media account the only bloke that will qualify is BP9

:matron:

Kinda feel good that you think I'm the only one on this board capable of puting Rangers FIRST :pipe: but I would worry about folk knowing about my social media account on 'Big Blondes with Big ...

... Eyes'

Kinda feel good that you think I'm the only one on this board capable of puting Rangers FIRST :pipe: but I would worry about folk knowing about my social media account on 'Big Blondes with Big ...

... Eyes'

churning out ally mccoist and andy Cameron bilge is doing everything but putting rangers first

however, I doubt the idea of this scheme is anything other than not rocking the boat ergo you are an ideal choice

ally would love you, telling him how wonderful he is

I was gonna apply for one o' the positions, but an 'O' level pass in arithmetic disnae look good enough for these guys ffs.

I'm sure I read that you couldnae put in for expenses, they're looking for people that dinnae exist, or mibbe they don't where I live???

I like the idea of people having to actually be qualified for these positions, means there should be a high-caliber of applicant and effectively rules out the Jaffa the Hutt and Furry (tu)

churning out ally mccoist and andy Cameron bilge is doing everything but putting rangers first

however, I doubt the idea of this scheme is anything other than not rocking the boat ergo you are an ideal choice

ally would love you, telling him how wonderful he is

I feel I have rocked your boat! I note your lack of humour!

another idea by the board that will collapse on its arse in no time.

When is Wallace's next "ask me" on twitter? Because that went so well.................

Nothing to do with the Rangers board, this is what my timeline is filled with beggars with, the RangersFirst (stolen the idea of BuyRangers) board made up by a guy who has now failed at East Fife, St Mirren and Everton.