the minority have spoken it seems

KingKirk

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RANGERS supporters’ chiefs last night urged disgruntled fans to unite behind under-fire gaffer Ally McCoist.

The Ibrox boss came in for fierce criticism on Saturday after a 2-0 defeat at leaders Hearts left his side nine points behind in the Championship title race.

And the Light Blue legions appear to be split on club legend McCoist’s future in the Ibrox dugout.

Andy Kerr, president of the Rangers Supporters Assembly, said: “There’s a section who are unhappy and another section saying ‘No, that’s not the right thing to do.’

“Getting pressurised into a change isn’t always the right solution. I’m still very hopeful of going up.

“It’s going to be difficult to win the Championship but there’s a long way to go. I would hope everyone unites behind the manager and gives him the support he needs.

“I don’t think the club can afford to make a change at this stage anyway. The likelihood is that things will carry on so if that’s the case then people need to just get on with it.

“But regardless of the financial situation I would, without doubt, give him time.”

Rangers Supporters Association general secretary Drew Roberton also backed McCoist and said: “It’s about getting behind the manager. He has got from now until May and he can come good in that time.

“You don’t win titles in November. There’s a long way to go yet. We’ve been nine points behind at a later stage in the season than this before.

“We don’t know what’s around the corner and I wouldn’t be pressing the panic button yet. It’s only the end of November.

“There’s still about two-thirds of the season to go. I think people were just a bit frustrated on Saturday at the way the game went.

“Rangers were in total control until Steven Smith was sent off.

“You don’t want to be disrespectful to the opposition in the previous two divisions but because of that maybe people thought this season would be an easy ride and Rangers would just coast it.”

No even that mate it says fans as if that means 20k are all behind him when is more like 200. Joke if you ask me

Aye that will be fucking right, I don't know anyone that goes to games that has any fucking time for him.

Well seen pricks like that go to a Rangers hating paper, should be ashamed of themselves.

RANGERS supporters’ chiefs last night urged disgruntled fans to unite behind under-fire gaffer Ally McCoist.

The Ibrox boss came in for fierce criticism on Saturday after a 2-0 defeat at leaders Hearts left his side nine points behind in the Championship title race.

And the Light Blue legions appear to be split on club legend McCoist’s future in the Ibrox dugout.

Andy Kerr, president of the Rangers Supporters Assembly, said: “There’s a section who are unhappy and another section saying ‘No, that’s not the right thing to do.’

“Getting pressurised into a change isn’t always the right solution. I’m still very hopeful of going up.

“It’s going to be difficult to win the Championship but there’s a long way to go. I would hope everyone unites behind the manager and gives him the support he needs.

“I don’t think the club can afford to make a change at this stage anyway. The likelihood is that things will carry on so if that’s the case then people need to just get on with it.

“But regardless of the financial situation I would, without doubt, give him time.”

Rangers Supporters Association general secretary Drew Roberton also backed McCoist and said: “It’s about getting behind the manager. He has got from now until May and he can come good in that time.

“You don’t win titles in November. There’s a long way to go yet. We’ve been nine points behind at a later stage in the season than this before.

“We don’t know what’s around the corner and I wouldn’t be pressing the panic button yet. It’s only the end of November.

“There’s still about two-thirds of the season to go. I think people were just a bit frustrated on Saturday at the way the game went.

“Rangers were in total control until Steven Smith was sent off.

“You don’t want to be disrespectful to the opposition in the previous two divisions but because of that maybe people thought this season would be an easy ride and Rangers would just coast it.”

The people that want him to remain can't split ally the man to ally the manager.. Its sad really

If we drop one more point between now n playing them again a title challenge is over.

"time" this is his 4th season ffs much more time must he be given.

He should be out the door for his cup record alone.. In 4 years we have played in 8 domestic cups he ain't win any yet. Pathetic for a club that spends like we do

If we drop one more point between now n playing them again a title challenge is over.

I'm not defending Ally. I want him gone before the Killie game in fact. But why do people keep saying this? Are you all assuming that Hearts are going to go unbeaten? <cr> The chances of that are pretty slim, in my opinion.

I don't know why they've mentioned he can come good, we've had 3 years of waiting for him to come good, and people have been on his back to varying degrees since the last season in the SPL. Since then, every shocking result has turned more against him, it's not like this is a new thing. It's just that it's gotten to the stage where the vast majority are now wanting him gone, perhaps people are finally taking notice of it.

I'm not defending Ally. I want him gone before the Killie game in fact. But why do people keep saying this? Are you all assuming that Hearts are going to go unbeaten? <cr> The chances of that are pretty slim, in my opinion.

They currently have a 9 point lead on us, and while I'm certain they will drop more points this season, the problem is I'm certain we will drop stupid points on the way as well, and struggle to beat them in the next two games we have against them.

true but what's the chances on us closing the cap.. We have failed to in the last 2 games.. At times they will go 12 clear before we play.. Can we handle that pressure not what's been shown so far.

Aye, it's going to be tough. We need to minimise our loses, which is why we need a new manager. McCoist is failing in the second tier of Scottish football. What does he need more time for? To embarras himself even more in the premiership (if we even get there under him).

But if I was a betting man, I'd put money on hearts losing a few games soon.

As representatives of the entire fan base (particularly Andy Kerr) I am shocked and disappointed in the comments from Messrs Kerr and Roberton. They have failed in their duties to represent the majority view on McCoist as manager. Everyone I know wants McCoist to walk away and the vast majority on the forums are of similar thought. They could have noted their personal views but also stated that it is apparent that most want the manager to leave. Now people will realise the importance of the Fans' Board. There is a meeting this Wednesday so email any of the Fans' Board members and get them to record your view on the manager.