better with or without

cameron1873

Simple question, is the club in a better place for having McCoist as a manager or not.

For me absolutely yes, even though the state we are in now as a CLUB I think we would have been worse of without having someone like McCoist in a position of power.

I may follow the same team as a few fickle people on here but we definitely don't follow the same club and ethics

Simple question, is the club in a better place for having McCoist as a manager or not.

For me absolutely yes, even though the state we are in now I think we would have been worse of without having someone like McCoist in a position of power.

I may follow the same team as a few fickle people on here but we definitely don't follow the same club and ethics

98757538-wtf.gif

For me absolutely yes, even though the state we are in now I think we would have been worse of without having someone like McCoist in a position of power.

Perhaps we are in a better position for having Ally with us during admin in the SPL. Having said that, it does seem to me like both Ally and Green backed each other to meet their own agendas. McCoist recieved far too much backing finacially on and off the park but in return for this Green got the nod of approval from McCoist that led to fans buying season tickets and shares. Is it in our best interests to have McCoist as manager now and moving forward? No way whatsoever.

Would of been interesting to see where we would be if an unknown manager came in. Chances are we would not be in the same league but we might of been financially more sound. I just dont think fans would be happy at being in the 4th or 3rd tier for a number of seasons even if we were making money.

Perhaps we are in a better position for having Ally with us during admin in the SPL. Having said that, it does seem to me like both Ally and Green backed each other to meet their own agendas. McCoist recieved far too much backing finacially on and off the park but in return for this Green got the nod of approval from McCoist that led to fans buying season tickets and shares. Is it in our best interests to have McCoist as manager now and moving forward? No way whatsoever.

I agree moving forward mccoist is not the manager for us but I also agree I can't think of many more people I would want involved at the helm of our club at such a turbulent times. As our club has been ripped and also still been ripped to shreds thankfully someone like him was there

In fairness I see what you mean. But you or me could have guided that depleted SPL side to the Third Division, to be honest.

At least we may have also had some ideas of progression and building a sustainable squad. Playing players in their positions and making sensible substitutions.

I agree moving forward mccoist is not the manager for us but I also agree I can't think of many more people I would want involved at the helm of our club at such a turbulent times. As our club has been ripped and also still been ripped to shreds thankfully someone like him was there

Someone like him? He's kind of the reason we are nearly in the shits again

You can't keep the man in place due to past glories. It's pretty evident that he's not up to the job of being Rangers manager and this whole 12 month issue seems self-serving and not in the best interests of the club. Ally's best work as manager happened off the pitch and years ago.

In fairness I see what you mean. But you or me could have guided that depleted SPL side to the Third Division, to be honest.

At least we may have also had some ideas of progression and building a sustainable squad. Playing players in their positions and making sensible substitutions.

do you not think but if even though he played the players we have now in our squad in the right position and also made the right substitutions those same player will still never be good enough to ultimately get us back to were we deserve to be.

So being honest what does it matter as long as we get back to the spl

You can't keep the man in place due to past glories. It's pretty evident that he's not up to the job of being Rangers manager and this whole 12 month issue seems self-serving and not in the best interests of the club. Ally's best work as manager happened off the pitch and years ago.

I think your missing the point of the question.

As a club would we be better of not as him as a manager. Personally I'm glad a man like him has been in the thick of it as I think we would of been much worse off as a CLUB without him

do you not think but if even though he played the players we have now in our squad and also made the right substitutions those same player will still never be good enough to ultimately get us back to were we deserve to be.

So being honest what does it matter as long as we get back to the spl

Who signed them?

Not a lot of options in the players we signed but why have so many regressed under the three stoogies??

Motivation has a big part to play in it, the manager can be blamed for that of course but I feel its only natural that players need to be challenged to get the best out of them and for 2 years they've had a complete non event to contend with, this year of course has been different but after two years I'd imagine its hard to suddenly regain that focus, particularly when you all of a sudden are facing full time players

true but in the position we where in when we signed those players who else was there.

they were queuing up to get in.We only needed a fraction of them to beat the postmen of the bottom division.

He has done more damage to us than anyone with the biggest reward. Out with lloyds who did more damage for more money.

Motivation has a big part to play in it, the manager can be blamed for that of course but I feel its only natural that players need to be challenged to get the best out of them and for 2 years they've had a complete non event to contend with, this year of course has been different but after two years I'd imagine its hard to suddenly regain that focus, particularly when you all of a sudden are facing full time players

so why spend so much money on players that needed to be challenged when you didn`t need them ?

I was all for sacking him after the Stirling Albion defeat, but since we never got rid then, when we had money to do so, we could not have done so last season, as it would have looked wrong that a manager gets the sack, while his team remain unbeaten in the league.

PS Just remembered the Forfar League cup match, he could've been sacked after that game, & not just for the result either,,,,,