Whether he is a ned or not is subjective and immaterial but a few things that are more relevant...........
- Played a big part in refusing to adapt to and the undermining of a Rangers manager, using the mhedia to help in that. Lost Captaincy+
- Off-field Irresponsibility with Scotland see him stripped of Captaincy and further appearences
- Disrespecting another Rangers manager see him lose Captaincy AGAIN and cold shouldered.
- As Clyde manager, is sent to stands after getting involved in abusive exchange with Clyde supporter whilst in charge of a team being horsed by Spartans in the Scottish Cup.
- His repeated highly irresponsible and sometimes deceptive behaviour shows that he doesn't learn lessons very well.
- With one of the highest budgets in the 4th tier, he fails to get Clyde promoted and leaves them in danger of losing league status.
- Works with the Daily Record and BBC Scotland and has his contacts for the day when he reverts to type and briefs against mgmt. team when results don't go well and will be hyped by the same people (Keith Jackson/ghostwriter) to fill any vacums that may arise in the future.
- On BBC Scotland a week or two ago, he actually said that he thought the foreign route was a mistake for Rangers and they should go for McInnes. Fine to have an opinion but not an opinion that marries well with him getting a job within the foreign route.
- Listening to him talk about football is like going back a decade or more. He doesn't seem to be an advocate of progressive methods. Again, a bad fit with new set-up.
In summary, Ferguson has a off the field history that screams 'NOT Suitable & Dangerous' and has a coaching/mgmt. history that doesn't suggest he has a lot to offer (failed at Clyde).
Quite how the board saw him as a candidate for this job is beyond me and IMO can only be via the Parks family influence.
This won't end well.