***The Official Rangers v Inverness CT Thread***

Muff

RANGERS: McGregor; Broadfoot, Weir, Bougherra, Papac; Davis, Fergson, Edu, Fleck; Miller, Boyd.

SUBS Alexander, Naismith, Beasley, Dailly, Lafferty, Whittaker. Aaron.

ICT: Esson; Tokely, Munro, Mihadjuks, Djebi-Zadi; Morais, Proctor, Duncan, Black, Ronney; Foran.

SUBS: Fraser, McBain, Imrie, Hastings, Duff, Odhiambo, Kerr.

Ref: Calum Murray.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what Wally is at with Lafferty - comes on as a sub and impresses, sub appearance again, scores and plays well, starts against celtc upfront, dropped against Forfar, comes on and chips in with an assist, used sub against Killie, starts against Hamilton, manager praises his performance then gets dropped to the bench yet again - about as bad as Rafa Benitez!

So just Fleck in for Lafferty then. Interesting one, but I suppose Fleck has more trickery to get in behind what will be a tight defence. I don't know why Aaron hasn't been given a shot for a game like this, however.

Like most matches, I would settle for a 1-0 win with a last minute goal. Then celtic would have to beat Kilmarnock 5-0 to go top. They might well do, but the fact is we just have to win our last 11 games 1-0 to win the league by 3 points.

Also, our goal difference is better because we have won most of our home games by 2 goals, while they have only won them by 1. So a 2-0 win would be potentially crucial in terms of goal difference.

But, you can't go into games thinking about racking up big scores. You have to win the game first. Then, if you get 2 or 3 up, get rattled into them, (7-1 v Hamilton) rather than playing out the match (eg.5-0 last time v ICT). But we probably won't get into that position, as Terry Butcher will have his team fired up - they need the points as much as we do!

Goal difference is mostly psychological - only twice in 50 years has the league been decided that way.

Did you really think McCulloch would start in Midfield? He would only be playing if we went with a 5-man midfield and that would only be against Celtic or Aberdeen.

He couldn't anyway, he is out injured!

I've got absolutely no doubt that McCulloch would be in contention for Mendes' place if he was fully fit.