***Official Holland v Scotland thread***

gers20

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If McGregor doesn't play then it's a major slap in the face.

Not only is he fitter, he's currently the better keeper of the two.

i honestly don't know who burley will go with papa, no point trying to figure out what he thinks

i honestly don't know who burley will go with papa, no point trying to figure out what he thinks

McGregor would be about 300 times more entitled to walk away from the international setup that Boyd was, if he is indeed dropped for Gordon.

Dunno if all these people are fit, but Id play

Mcgregor

Broadfoot Caldwell Mcmanus Naysmith

Fletcher

Brown Ferguson

Morrison ------------------ Commons

Mcfadden

That defence :anguish:

Just as Huntelaar is hitting form for Madrid.

McGregor would be about 300 times more entitled to walk away from the international setup that Boyd was, if he is indeed dropped for Gordon.

isolated case and totally irrelevent papa. The fact we are getting at here is mcgregor is playing week in week out and is match fit where on the other hand we have gordon who has done a fantastic job in the past for us but has been dropped. On paper its fucking obvious who has to start against the dutch but i have a funny feeling this clueless cunt will have allan sitting on the bench.

isolated case and totally irrelevent papa. The fact we are getting at here is mcgregor is playing week in week out and is match fit where on the other hand we have gordon who has done a fantastic job in the past for us but has been dropped. On paper its fucking obvious who has to start against the dutch but i have a funny feeling this clueless cunt will have allan sitting on the bench.

It wasn't a Boyd bashing, but I was lightly critical of Boyd for not persevering with Scotland more, given that he wasn't featuring that regularly in big games with Rangers.

I didn't want anyone saying 'You moaned about Krissy doing it and not McGregor'. So I'm just saying that McGregor's form and ability really just now means that if he's dropped for an unfit Gordon, the chances are that he'll never be favoured by Burley and would be as well telling him to stuff it.

He is the number 1 Scottish goalie just now and Burley should pick accordingly.

McGregor
Broadfoot Berra Weir McManus
Brown
Morrison Fletcher Ferguson Commons
Iwelumo

A counter attacking 4-5-1/4-3-3 that does NOT require the full backs to attack would be our best bet. Old school style. 4 centre halfs that are there to purely win the ball, and as soon as they do they give it to the midfield with minimum hoofing.

It wasn't a Boyd bashing, but I was lightly critical of Boyd for not persevering with Scotland more, given that he wasn't featuring that regularly in big games with Rangers.

I didn't want anyone saying 'You moaned about Krissy doing it and not McGregor'. So I'm just saying that McGregor's form and ability really just now means that if he's dropped for an unfit Gordon, the chances are that he'll never be favoured by Burley and would be as well telling him to stuff it.

(tu) but its burley

In all fairness, Burleys choice to put Iwelumo on did come back and bite him in the rear though

In all fairness, Burleys choice to put Iwelumo on did come back and bite him in the rear though

and there is no fucking way fletcher should get pumped on instead of boyd....no fucking way, but boyd has fuck all to do with this thread so il leave it be

Boyd does have something to do with it, only because Burley's mantra of 'picking players who are actually' playing was the reason around him being dropped, and it's the crux of the Gordon/McGregor debate.

IMHO, of course :sherlock:

_____________________________McGregor______________________________

______________________Caldwell________McManus______________________

Hutton_____________________________________________________Naysmith

______________________________Hartley_______________________________

________________________Brown________Fletcher_______________________

Morrison___________________________________________________Commons

_____________________________McCormack____________________________

Broadfoot has been struggling for Rangers and is not fit. I wouldn't risk him as he's also been playing poorly. If McManus isn't fit then Weir comes in. The choice of strikers (Clarkson, Iwelumo, Miller, McCormack and Fletcher) are appauling.

I was just about to type a line up until i realised it was exactly the same as yours Muff. :lol:

I don't have any great passion for Scotland but Ferguson has done nothing to justify starting for them considering his form for us. No doubt he'll start as even at international level he seems to be undroppable.

Our defence scares me. I'm not a fan of playing unfit players but on this occasion if Hutton does alright tonight I would rather have him ahead of Broadfoot. Holland's pace and counter attacking football can be frightening and after watching Broadfoot getting ripped apart by McGayday I really dont fancy him against Holland.

______________________Ferguson_______Fletcher________________________

________________McCormack_________________________________________

__________________________Iwelumo__________________________________

______________________Ferguson_______Fletcher________________________

________________McCormack_________________________________________

__________________________Iwelumo__________________________________

if we put out that side we'l get ripped apart, no need to be so attacking minded.