***Official Holland v Scotland thread***

gers20

Our defence gave away two stupid goals at a free kick and a corner. Then Berra gave away a stuoid penalty. Thank feck we did not sign Berra he looked out of his league tonight.

Our defenders under pressure humped the ball to Dutchmen time after time.

Our midfield was poor. Brown was the most energetic but his game overall is poor. The others were posted missing - not a surprise.

McCormack looked good at times, but he lacks pace.

Miller was woeful. Fletcher too.

Just too many players that dont have it or are past it.

McGregor does not look good at corners or free kicks when crosses are coming in.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we still qualify as best of 8 runners up, or is it to fuckin slim now.?

Course we can :cheers:

it would be good to know what kinda points we need to qualify for playoff?

Its only 9 hours to SA from here, so would love to go to what would be my first world cup

Could easily have not realised Ferguson was playing in that second half.

He's finished.

(tu) Can't even remember him doing anything at all.

I can, starting off the second half.

:craphead:

was Fergonson captain the night, if so he should be stripped and lashed with the cat and nine tails.

Give that captains armband tae someone players respect, cause they certainly don't respect Fergonsonwhere

Whatever. It was Holland.

We move on and make sure we get the 3 point on Wednesday. (tu)

Aye but can we still qualify pal, as best of 8 runners up?

Sure we can. There's a lot of pish groups in there who all take points off each other just the same.

Its only 9 hours to SA from here, so would love to go to what would be my first world cup

I'm not sure what's needed. We have 4 points from 4 games and Norway and Macedonia have 4 points from 3 games. We definitely need to beat Iceland and Macedonia at home. I also feel confident of going to Norway and getting a result :cheers:

I knew we would get horsed tonight but thought that ref was shite, van Hummel is apparently the coach's sin in law. He should have got booked for fouling. I think Hutton should have been on earlier, Alexander was mince also. Caldwell 's goal should hve counted also. The ref was apparently dropped by French league for refusing a blatant red card.

What I don't understand and never have understood is how a country like Scotland, where football is the main sport which thousands of kids play, fails year after year to produce quality players. We have things like Murray Park and yet can't seem to find anything more than the occasional Hutton.

It's that severe lack in depth that always lets us down.

What I don't understand and never have understood is how a country like Scotland, where football is the main sport which thousands of kids play, fails year after year to produce quality players. We have things like Murray Park and yet can't seem to find anything more than the occasional Hutton.

We have a similar population and climate to Holland as well. And just look at what they can produce.

We have a similar population and climate to Holland as well. And just look at what they can produce.

I think it is due to scots children not having the discipline.

I am reading Arthur Numan's autobiography the now in work and he tells stories of his as a young boy and that he didn't drink alcohol until he was 21.

My best mate is from SA so I was thinking I might head over. Even if Scotland don't qualify Australia almost certainly will.

I agree and while I think the coaching at youth levels has improved, I've seen with my own eyes so thats not blind faith, I do think we should have been investing in places like this years ago:

http://www.csglasgow.org/services/Sport/Fo...FootballCentre/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/7919177.stm

Particularly inside facilities.

Even that, we lost a stupid goal right before half time, infact both those first goals could have been avoided, certainly would have been a different game if we went in 1-0 down at halftime