***The Official St. Mirren v Rangers Thread***

Muff

:lol: Ferguson won't be starting, he's suspended for 2 weeks regardless.

I know there's no chance of him starting, I'm just saying that's the team I'd start.

Oh ffs, Boyd and Velicka upfront.

Whenever these two have played up front together we've won the match. We beat Falkirk 1-0 in August when these two started together with a Velicka tap in and we beat Hearts 2-0 the following week with Boyd contributing one of the goals and they both started up front together. I also personally think that Novo and Fleck are good impact subs to have on the bench and bring on up front if we're struggling.

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care about the performance, the three points are all that matter at this stage in the season.

Alexander

Whittaker Bougherra Weir Papac

Davis Ferguson Mendes Naismith

Velicka Boyd

I know Barry's been suspended but IMO the treatment of him has been harsh and unfair. He was wrong to act the way he did about the boozing but he's really been punished for the swearing and let's remember that was aimed at the papers not the fans. He's our captain and he's done more good for the club than bad and deserves to start because we need him at this point in the season.

No he's not.

You have somehow picked the most immobile strikeforce in the league.

:lol: Ferguson won't be starting, he's suspended for 2 weeks regardless.

I know there's no chance of him starting, I'm just saying that's the team I'd start.

Oh ffs, Boyd and Velicka upfront.

Whenever these two have played up front together we've won the match. We beat Falkirk 1-0 in August when these two started together with a Velicka tap in and we beat Hearts 2-0 the following week with Boyd contributing one of the goals and they both started up front together. I also personally think that Novo and Fleck are good impact subs to have on the bench and bring on up front if we're struggling.

In both of those games they looked an awful partnership.

I don't care about the performance, the three points are all that matter at this stage in the season.

Alexander

Whittaker Bougherra Weir Papac

Davis Ferguson Mendes Naismith

Velicka Boyd

I know Barry's been suspended but IMO the treatment of him has been harsh and unfair. He was wrong to act the way he did about the boozing but he's really been punished for the swearing and let's remember that was aimed at the papers not the fans. He's our captain and he's done more good for the club than bad and deserves to start because we need him at this point in the season.

No he's not.

You have somehow picked the most imobile strikeforce in the league.

They're certainly not the most imobile strikeforce in the SPL but I will concede they are pretty slow, however both have fantastic goalscoring records in the SPL and are great finishers. I've also put Naismith and Davis on the wings so we have pace to burn there.

Two of the slowest and laziest strikers in the league, who have horrific touches and are about as lively as a 90 year old.

Boyd was once again awful on Sunday. You need at least someone up their with a bit of movement and footballing brain.

Two of the slowest and laziest strikers in the league, who have horrific touches and are about as lively as a 90 year old.

Boyd was once again awful on Sunday. You need at least someone up their with a bit of movement and footballing brain.

Boyd scores goals! That's the end of it as far as I'm concerned. He does nothing, is lazy and has no workrate but at the end of the day he scores goals for the team and without Boyd's goals we would be a lot worse off this season.

Velicka's never been given a chance but in the two games he's started he's grabbed a goal and a crucial one it was at the time as we needed that win to recover from the Kaunas disaster. To label him a bad player after just two games is harsh and he did a good job with Hearts in the SPL.

Boyd scores goals!

Not all the time he doesn't and when he doesn't, he's absolutely useless but that's for another time.

without Boyd's goals we would be a lot worse off this season.

That old chestnut - team game, someone else whold have stepped up as has been proven.

To label him a bad player after just two games is harsh and he did a good job with Hearts in the SPL.

Terrible player who lives of his teo goals at the piggery. Wasn't even guaranteed a game at Tynecastle and was a flop in one of the worst leagues going.

You argue that other players would have stepped up and scored the goals but who? Lafferty, Miller and Novo's goals combined don't match Boyd's in the SPL. It is a team game and when he doesn't score, he contributes nothing unlike the other three but the fact is he genreally does score and especially against the weaker teams which is why I'd start him against St. Mirren. At Hearts he scored 19 games in 47 games, that's not bad for a player who you label a flop.

_____________________________ :alexander: _______________________

__ :whittaker: _____ :weir: _____ :bougherra: _____ :papac: __

__ :aaron: _____ :edu: _____ :davis: _____ :beasley: __

__________________ :fleck: ___ :novo: __________________

hopefully

How many times has Lafferty played upfront?

Novo has played 27/28 games this season and scored 7 goals in total (how many have been upfront and how many have been as a sub?)

And Kenny Miller is absolutely pish!

In the time Velicka was at Hearts he scored 25 goals. In that same period:

Lee Miller - 18 goals

David Clarkson - 19 goals

Steven Fletcher - 26 goals

Colin Nish - 27 goals

Darren Mackie - 19 goals

Chris Killen - 16 (and for a whole season he was hardly used at the piggery)

Chris Porter - 18 (and was only in the SPL for one season during Velicka's time at Hearts)

Andrius Velicka is a terrible footballer, your average, mediocre SPL player.

To get back on track:

St. Mirren are undefeated at their new stadium. They are fighting for SPL survival. They will be well up for this game. If we play anything like we did vs Falkirk we will certainly drop points.

That was dire and I cannot see us improving dramatically which is frightening.

hopefully

What's it like on Planet Bkay these days? :craphead:

1. There is as much chance of Mendes getting dropped between now and the end of the season as there is of Cristiano Ronaldo stepping in to cover his absence.

2. There is as much chance of Aaron, Beasley and Fleck all starting the same game at this stage of the season as there is of Kris Boyd winning Olympic 100m gold.

How many times has Lafferty played upfront?

Novo has played 27/28 games this season and scored 7 goals in total (how many have been upfront and how many have been as a sub?)

And Kenny Miller is absolutely pish!

In the time Velicka was at Hearts he scored 25 goals. In that same period:

Lee Miller - 18 goals

David Clarkson - 19 goals

Steven Fletcher - 26 goals

Colin Nish - 27 goals

Darren Mackie - 19 goals

Chris Killen - 16 (and for a whole season he was hardly used at the piggery)

Chris Porter - 18 (and was only in the SPL for one season during Velicka's time at Hearts)

Andrius Velicka is a terrible footballer, your average, mediocre SPL player.

Spot on.

Velicka = :wanker:

hopefully

1. There is as much chance of Mendes getting dropped between now and the end of the season as there is of Cristiano Ronaldo stepping in to cover his absence.

2. There is as much chance of Aaron, Beasley and Fleck all starting the same game at this stage of the season as there is of Kris Boyd winning Olympic 100m gold.

You can just center it without putting all the lines in Bkay ya dobber :craphead:

:(

Its okay Bkay, let's hug bbz :hump:

What the f....

Yeah im a gay, problem? Talk to the hand :craphead:

hopefully

They do say hope springs eternal! :rolleyes:

hopefully

They do say hope springs eternal! :rolleyes:

would love to try something completly different from Walters usual ...a totally attacking side no holds barred as above

Now is definitely not the time to be experimenting. There are only 8 games left and we still have a major chance of winning the league, therefore we have to stick with the formation, shape and personnel that have taken us this far. All this talk of flooding the team with creativity is childishly simplistic and, in my opinion, downright naive.