***The Official Rangers v Celtc Thread***

Muff

Are any of these predicitons serious?? 3-0 rangers!

The game is going to be tight as always. I think if we're gonna win it will be a 1-0.

We simply can't afford to concede first, because we have already shown that we can't break Celtic down if they are sitting on a lead. We're definately gonna have to keep it tight.

It would be nice for entertainment/excitement value to see an attacking 4-4-2 or 4-4-3 formation, but anyone who knows Wallys tactics knows that will not happen.

It will be a midfield battle, and luckily Brown is suspended.

I think I would probably play:

:alexander:

:whittaker: :weir: :bougherra: :papac:

:mcculloch:

:davis: :edu: :mendes: :novo:

:lafferty:

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game is going to be tight as always. I think if we're gonna win it will be a 1-0.

We simply can't afford to concede first, because we have already shown that we can't break Celtic down if they are sitting on a lead. We're definately gonna have to keep it tight.

It would be nice for entertainment/excitement value to see an attacking 4-4-2 or 4-4-3 formation, but anyone who knows Wallys tactics knows that will not happen.

Sniffable line up :rolleyes:

Sniffable line up :rolleyes:

:lol: Apart from Mculloch its a strong side

I think this will be the team.

I would change Smith for someone more attaking but I can't see Walter doing that.

:davis: :edu: :mendes: :ssmith:

:velicka: :boyd:

Yea it's certainly not a game we can lose. I would still be gutted with a draw, we need to go and take the game to this team.

Helicopter Sunday season, we lost after the split at Ibrox to go 5 points behind and won the league.

If we can't beat Celtc at Ibrox then we don't deserve the league.

I think it will be a draw, which would be a shite result. We have to win as far as I'm concerned.

i agree i think he will go with one upfront which a wouldnt do at home to anybody :ph34r:

All i can really ask for is some fight from the players and the crowd

Its my first old firm game and ive been losing sleep due to excitement/neves

I hope im not let down

We dont have a great record on must win games whre as they scummy bastards do so in my opinion Smith has to go for it right from kick off we cant afford to sit back and let this lot run at us.

IMO..play the same team we have been playing recently, (I.e Boyd and Velicka, Smith at LM etc) then stick your house on a 0-0 or possibly even 0-1 defeat. That team doesnt have enough urgency and guille to break celtc down and the long balls up to Boyd and him collapsing every 2 minutes will play right into their hands. Mendes and Davis will struggle to get on the ball as per usual...Stevie Smith will try and cross the ball as soon as he is over the halfway line..and it will be a dire dire DIRE football match that we will not score in, and they are always a threat from set plays.

However, if we play people with the heart and the passion for a fight and have pace and good technical ability, we will win, as they are there for the taking. Start with Novo, go with Lafferty as well... get Mendes Davis and Edu in the centre of midfield making things happen and getting in their faces from the off. The last 3 old firm games we have been stale and predictable, if we go with what we have been going with recently (all be it we have been winning, but very very tight games) it will also be stale and predictable and we will get caught out IMO.

We need to change it, its on US to do the attacking, WE are at home...WE are the ones that are a point behind these fuckers, we need to turn up the heat and get wired right in about them and show how much we want this league.

Go with a negative line up and play defensively hoping to win 1-0 won't work, and we will get what we deserve as this lot are a step up from what we normally play , even though they are rank rotten themselves.