Muff

***The Official Dundee United v Rangers Thread***

1,160 posts in this topic

:alexander:

:whittaker: :mcculloch: :weir: :papac:

:davis: :edu: :mendes: :novo:

:boyd: :miller:

I'd go with that too (tu)

Hopefully this is the last league game for Ferguson, Boyd and Mendes to name but a few!

In a couple of hours time, this thread will be meaningless IMO as the tims are going to gub Hibs and Hearts

It depends on today's result. If Celtc win today, we HAVE to score lots of goals. Actually, scratch that, he'll probably play for a 1-0 win and hope Celtc slip up next week :(

theres no probablys about it peter.

:maniero:

:maniero: :maniero: :maniero: :maniero:

:maniero: :mcculloch:

That should do the trick.

I have a feeling some might relish it :anguish:

There'll always be some like that. Remember some clown last season glorying in the fact that I wrongly said the league wasn't over before the Aberdeen game. An odd way to support your team.

yep, sadly mate

dailly or mcculloch at the back for us fills me with fear, then you try and pick a team without Boughy, and its hard, very very hard.

what exactly did we spend £30m on in last 2 years?

no boyd either for me. no chance. blueballs is spot on.

no mendes- his heads on holiday

I generally dont agree with you, but, I do with some of this. unsure about Boyd tbh, but, he has a history of scoring against Utd lately.

Someone mentioned wilson in for Bougherra, which will no doubt be shot down by some (usually those complaining Smith wont play youth, ironically), but, theproblem with our other CBs, or, those that play there are, they are slow, like Weir, we need a pacier CB as well.

This was in the Scotsman match report,

So, a lack of accuracy from Rangers. And there were any number of villains in this regard. Pedro Mendes, to be frank, doesn't look remotely like a £3 million player. Hasn't done for some time. Rangers people were entitled to look to him for the inspiration required but he didn't do enough, not nearly enough. He gave the ball away far too much (and was rightly replaced by Ferguson). Steven Davis has been doing a lot of the heavy lifting of late but he wasn't at his best here either. Maurice Edu has been terrific but unlocking packed defences with a piece of vision is not his bag just yet.

Which is pretty on, especially about Edu! So, do we leave Mendes or play Ferguson? Neither did much, but, 1 at least knows what this means, I think. I would be hugely tempted to start Fleck somewhere as well

I think we are in a position where, do we gamble with younger players or hope the "experienced" players we have actually step up to the plate, as they havent for most of the season, so, hopefully, todays result will take some of the pressure off. Utd are slipping, and, Hearts are playing well (at least yesterday), so, the final day could be interesting

i hope your right about todays result.........cmon the hibs lol

i would trust the hunger and skill of our youth before the anti-football of our has-beens.

edu, he wont burst any defenses open, hes a holding midfielder, creating is davis and mendes' job and our invisible left winger, they should be creating, edu will come good, hes there to break up play and he does it very well, bit naive he is, but hes young.

;)

Aye, first time I have been hoping for a hibs result in some time mate haha

I think Edu has more about him, but, it will take time. Box to Box guy for the future. First name on team sheet for me of late

Swap McCulloch for Maniero and that's what I'd play.

I was thinking Dailly at centre back, but I'm not so sure now.

I was thinking Dailly at centre back, but I'm not so sure now.

Hmm...well if you go for that then you need Graeme Smith in goal to give the back 4 some confidence.

dailly or mcculloch at the back for us fills me with fear, then you try and pick a team without Boughy, and its hard, very very hard.

what exactly did we spend £30m on in last 2 years?

no boyd either for me. no chance. blueballs is spot on.

no mendes- his heads on holiday

I generally dont agree with you, but, I do with some of this. unsure about Boyd tbh, but, he has a history of scoring against Utd lately.

Someone mentioned wilson in for Bougherra, which will no doubt be shot down by some (usually those complaining Smith wont play youth, ironically), but, theproblem with our other CBs, or, those that play there are, they are slow, like Weir, we need a pacier CB as well.

This was in the Scotsman match report,

So, a lack of accuracy from Rangers. And there were any number of villains in this regard. Pedro Mendes, to be frank, doesn't look remotely like a £3 million player. Hasn't done for some time. Rangers people were entitled to look to him for the inspiration required but he didn't do enough, not nearly enough. He gave the ball away far too much (and was rightly replaced by Ferguson). Steven Davis has been doing a lot of the heavy lifting of late but he wasn't at his best here either. Maurice Edu has been terrific but unlocking packed defences with a piece of vision is not his bag just yet.

Which is pretty on, especially about Edu! So, do we leave Mendes or play Ferguson? Neither did much, but, 1 at least knows what this means, I think. I would be hugely tempted to start Fleck somewhere as well

I think we are in a position where, do we gamble with younger players or hope the "experienced" players we have actually step up to the plate, as they havent for most of the season, so, hopefully, todays result will take some of the pressure off. Utd are slipping, and, Hearts are playing well (at least yesterday), so, the final day could be interesting

i hope your right about todays result.........cmon the hibs lol

i would trust the hunger and skill of our youth before the anti-football of our has-beens.

edu, he wont burst any defenses open, hes a holding midfielder, creating is davis and mendes' job and our invisible left winger, they should be creating, edu will come good, hes there to break up play and he does it very well, bit naive he is, but hes young.

;)

Aye, first time I have been hoping for a hibs result in some time mate haha

I think Edu has more about him, but, it will take time. Box to Box guy for the future. First name on team sheet for me of late

;)

We need goals so:

:weir: :papac:

:whittaker: :davis: :edu: :mendes: :fleck:

:novo: :lafferty: :miller:

That should do the trick! :pipe:

We need goals so:

:weir: :papac:

:whittaker: :davis: :edu: :mendes: :fleck:

That should do the trick! :pipe:

leave papac alone at the back and bring in boyd up front now we're talking

:whittaker: :mcculloch: :weir: :papac:

:davis: :ferguson: :edu:

The performance today was a fucking disgrace!

Muff i agree and was siting depresed watching that performance, even when the sheep lost a player Walter still played negative.

3 forwards...a 4-3-3 negative, the team deserve some criticisim from yesterday, of course, but not really stupid ones like that.....

That wasn't a 4-3-3 in the Second Half, didn't play a high enough line for it be described as that IMO.

:whittaker: :dailly: :weir: :papac:
:novo: :davis: :edu: :fleck:
:lafferty: :miller:

how cpould we play a 4-3-3 with ten men....ffs....

Well it wasn't a front 3 anyway, as I thought you were inferring.

In a couple of hours time, this thread will be meaningless IMO as the tims are going to gub Hibs and Hearts

I love being wrong :D (Even though it's not that often :pipe: )

:davis: :mendes: :edu: :novo:
:lafferty: :miller:

Not sure if should be dailly or mcculloch.

If it weren't such an important match, id put papac in cb and smith out lb.

:whittaker: :weir: :dailly: :papac:

:davis: :mendes: :ferguson: :edu: :lafferty:

:miller:

Our most succesful formation and the one that will win it for me

this thread makes it all real and makes me so nervious

:davis: :edu: :mendes: :novo:
:miller: :lafferty: