Sign in to follow this  
Muff

***The Official Dundee United v Rangers Thread***

I would drop mendes and play ferguson....if he is fit i have no reason to believe he couldn't put in a better shift than mendes has been lately.....

Amac9    903

If Hibs take a point of Aberdeen then Dundee Utd won't need anything from our game to take 4th place.

flecky1    4

:alexander:

:whittaker: :dailly: :weir: :papac:

:davis: :edu: :mendes: :novo:

:miller: :lafferty:

thats a decent 442 with the players availible, centre back could fuck us, i hope we are ok there.

tommy2212    150

walter smith will play 4-5-1 which served us so well during the uefa cup run - no way will he play 4-4-2

laldo    4
Bring on the end of the season, I'm fed up watching this shite, and, it's only going to get worse!

I'm fed up watching a bunch of imposters in a Rangers shirt.

you said it pal.

:whittaker: :weir: :mcculloch: :papac:
:edu:
:davis: :mendes:
:novo: :miller: :lafferty:

Boyd sadly hasn't been doing in it the past few games and with this being our biggest game in our history(Yes it is that big a game), regarding the repercussion finacially for us if we don't win the league. We need players that will step up to the challenge and Novo, Miller and Lafferty will do this for us!

Only doubts is with Bougherra out, hopefully his red card gets rescinded so McCulloch doesn't have to step in :anguish:

C'mon Rangers WIN AT ALL COSTS COME SUNDAY!!!

Lando    248

A quick question from this Texan...

13:00 means 1:00 pm your time on Sunday, May 24, so that means 8:00 am my time, right?

I don't know much about Dundee United, so what is their style of play?

tommy2212    150

you think walter will be that attack minded DB - i think he will be extremely cautious and go one up front (miller)

NathanRfc    37
you think walter will be that attack minded DB - i think he will be extremely cautious and go one up front (miller)

We need a win not a draw <cr> . If he does go 4-5-1 it will be mind baffling :anguish:

flecky1    4

:whittaker: :weir: :mcculloch: :papac:

:edu:

:davis: :mendes:

Boyd sadly hasn't been doing in it the past few games and with this being our biggest game in our history(Yes it is that big a game), regarding the repercussion finacially for us if we don't win the league. We need players that will step up to the challenge and Novo, Miller and Lafferty will do this for us!

Only doubts is with Bougherra out, hopefully his red card gets rescinded so McCulloch doesn't have to step in :anguish:

C'mon Rangers WIN AT ALL COSTS COME SUNDAY!!!

nice one disgruntled bear, i would pick the exact same team, 4-3-3, only doubt is at the back. mcculloch over dailly for me too.

4-3-3 is our best formation, most attacking and most potent, 3 centre mids and 3 forwards, love it!

flecky1    4
A quick question from this Texan...

13:00 means 1:00 pm your time on Sunday, May 24, so that means 8:00 am my time, right?

I don't know much about Dundee United, so what is their style of play?

not sure buddy, how many hours behind are you from uk time?

kick off is 1300 hours

Utd are quick on wings, good at ball retention in midfield, 2 african players really good on the ball, solid usually at the back though they lost 3 goals last week to a Hearts team with no real striker. They have lots of players who have a desire to beat the Rangers and always try that extra bit harder against us, their manager is tactically minded, very astute, very clever, he may be out to stifle us and hit on the break coz he knows we will be attacking, they have a nippy spaniard up front who scores against both old firm clubs and 2 more lumps of wood who get themselves about. A decent side who can beat any Scottish team on their day and we will have to be very Ready.

but we should and will stuff them

all the best Texan Ranger.

;)

Right_To_Censor    1,948

A win is a must anything else and we've lost the league.

i think its going to be boyd and miller and smith taking over from lafferty if he gets suspended.

i'll take 1-0 (92nd min)

Muff    245

:whittaker: :weir: :dailly: :papac:
:davis: :edu: :mendes:

macka1990    0

:davis: :edu: :mendes:

i agree pretty much with that not sure who i want to replace boogie though hard decision and not for good reasons :anguish:

gershammers    0
A win is a must anything else and we've lost the league.

i think its going to be boyd and miller and smith taking over from lafferty if he gets suspended.

i'll take 1-0 (92nd min)

my heart just could not take that. i would need urgent medical help, and more fuckin booze!

Ace    1,894

We need goals to win this match, who do you look to for goals in our squad, certainly not Miller, Novo hasn't started regularly ... so if we create the chances, then i want Boyd on the end of them.

Right_To_Censor    1,948
We need goals to win this match, who do you look to for goals in our squad, certainly not Miller, Novo hasn't started regularly ... so if we create the chances, then i want Boyd on the end of them.

the past few games, he's had golden guilt edge clear cut chances to tap the ball in the net, but he keeps putting the ball wide.

demise    118

Our last chance.Just get the 3 points,i don`t care how.

Dietspam    731

My team would be:

:whittaker: :mcculloch: :weir: :papac:

:davis: :ferguson: :edu: :miller:

:lafferty: :boyd:

GersDude90    1

Pace will cause UTD most problems.

Miller is a real must and he has to be on form (which he has been up till now to be fair).

Im not sure how Lafferty will react after what happened against Aberdeen.

Really hope Bougherra plays, neither Dailly or McCulloch fill me with any confidence. If its to be either it will be McCulloch and he did play fairly solidly at his last outing as a CB so its not the end of the world if he plays.

I'd play all four of Davis, Mendes, Ferguson and Edu, with Lafferty on the left and Miller up top and chance it if it needs changed.

BlueStu08    0

:novo: :davis: :ferguson: :lafferty:

:miller: :boyd:

Would drop Mendes given his recent performances and attitude (can ill afford complacency i.e. outside of the boot crosses in the previous must win games) and Mo Edu can join him on the subs bench!! Only play Dailly if Madjid's red card is upheld!!

Subs: McGregor, Edu, Mendes, Fleck, Aaron, Naismith, Velicka

I would go with Davis and Ferguson in centre as they have played well together in the past!!

CMON GERS, PLEASE DO NOT LET US DOWN!!!!!!! :gerbad::rangers: