***Official Madjid Bougherra Thread***

foot365

I hate the situation we find ourselves in every year in regards to our key players, mainly defenders. We seem to just accept the first bid going for our key players or as others have stated there are clauses in these contracts which mean that if the player has one good season hes off for a minimal fee. As papaguy51 said we have to be looking for up to 10 million, we have to play hard ball with these teams and get the value we deserve for the players.

i do agree with most of what you said, but 10 million whats that based on.

I just think we should be getting a lot more for a player who consistently played well last year and the fact that if we came out and started demanding more we might get more instead of just accepting the first bid.

see your point.

cuellar had a clause in his contract which ment we couldnt negotiate a higher bid. however if theres no clause in boogies contract i do believe we should be asking for more than his value, makes good buiness sense.

every other club does it.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as he'd be missed, he's not irreplaceable. Everyone thought that about Cuellar but nobody has barely mentioned his name since Boogie came along and theres no reason we can't find another under rated centre half relatively cheap. Hope he doesn't go but if he does then hopefully it'll be for the fortune that he's worth.

Madjid Bougherra is a class-act. The best defender, and player in the SPL last season. I want him to stay, and I want a quality CB brought in to partner him, but if he's not happy at Rangers, and wants a move away, then he can pack his bags, and get to fuck.

Your choice Bougherra, unless a ridiculous bid comes in, and your moved on!?

Madjid Bougherra is a class-act. The best defender, and player in the SPL last season. I want him to stay, and I want a quality CB brought in to partner him, but if he's not happy at Rangers, and wants a move away, then he can pack his bags, and get to fuck.

what I dont get is, he is coming back to discuss his future with Rangers, going on what he said before, if he did want to stay, he would have simply came out with I am going back to Rangers and intend to stay there, not "I need to go back and discuss things with Rangers"... makes me think he wants to leave for Bordeaux

what I dont get is, he is coming back to discuss his future with Rangers, going on what he said before, if he did want to stay, he would have simply came out with I am going back to Rangers and intend to stay there, not "I need to go back and discuss things with Rangers"... makes me think he wants to leave for Bordeaux

Bingo bingo bingo.

Why are so few people seeing this.

Sounds to me that he would like to leave, but wouldn't be fussed if he stayed either. Not good enough for me, i would have hoped for a much clearer response from Madjid.

Top player, but not irreplacable either.

I'd quite happily sell Bougherra for £6m+, as long as the money went towards two new CB's of good quality, along with a LW, and ST!

If Bougherra goes, then we need two new CB's or we're in trouble!

Sounds to me that he would like to leave, but wouldn't be fussed if he stayed either. Not good enough for me, i would have hoped for a much clearer response from Madjid.

Top player, but not irreplacable either.

Just like Cuellar wasn't.

And yeah, his response does sound like that - basically it sounds like what Cousin said from the start, but at least he made no bones about it and didn't come out with 'I will stay and that is that'.

Bougherra's previous nonsense is coming back to haunt him.

I think if we sold bougherra, we would probably end up buying one replacement at about £2M+ similar to that of cuellar/bougherra and another CB from the SPL (:anguish:), that said it would leave us the rest of the cash to try and strengthen other areas

I'd rather Tonel was forgotten about tbh. I just have a feeling that he'd turn out to be another, Ricardo Rocha.

A good player, but he was pretty gash anytime I saw him last season, especially in europe, although I didn't see as much of him as in previous seasons where he was Sporting CP's best defender.

I'd rather Tonel was forgotten about tbh. I just have a feeling that he'd turn out to be another, Ricardo Rocha.

A good player, but he was pretty gash anytime I saw him last season, especially in europe, although I didn't see as much of him as in previous seasons where he was Sporting CP's best defender.

I agree mate, but he seems to be the only 1 we are being strongly linked with this summer, and we could be holding out to see what happens with Bougherra.

This was in the herald

Meanwhile, Bordeaux, the French champions, had been ready to test Rangers' resolve with a £3m bid for Bougherra as they seek to replace Marseille-bound Souleymane Diawara. However, Jean-Louis Triaud, their president, said his side will pursue other targets, such as Marko Basa at Lokomotiv Moscow, after Bougherra told them he did not want to return to France.

Never seen that anywhere though

BOMBSHELL: The Rangers man wants out

Friday July 17,2009

By Scott Burns

MADJID BOUGHERRA is ready to drop the bombshell news that he wants to quit Rangers and join Bordeaux. Express Sport broke the story on Wednesday that the French champions are set to make a £4million-plus bid for the Algerian international, Ibrox chairman Sir David Murray had always maintained his star defender wasn’t for sale, but Bougherra will tell him he wants out.t.

The 26-year-old admitted: “Ican’t really say too much about this.All I can say is that I do know thatBordeaux are interested in me.

“I expect this to be resolved next week after I have spoken to the people who are in charge at Rangers.”

Bordeaux chairman Jean-LouisTriaud has also confirmed their interest in the centre-half, who is on holiday in France. “Bougherra is one of the players Laurent Blanc hasdiscussed,” said Triaud.

“We are in the process of contacting the player’s agent.

“We have lost Souleymane Diawara and his replacement mustbe experienced. Bougherra migh tbe the answer, but again, that is for the coach to decide.“Laurent is looking for a central defender who can play on the left side and Bougherra meets that profile.”

Rangers are reluctant to lose their player of the year but a bid that rises above £5m, with add-ons, would tempt them. It would also free up the funds for Walter Smith to move for Sporting Lisbon’s £2m-rated defender Tonel as his natural replacement.

Ibrox chief executive Martin Bain, above, said: “We have not received a bid or any official contact from Bordeaux. We have been made aware from the player’s agent that a bid is on its way but so far we have not received anything.”

Chairman Murray added: “We are no different to any other club in that if we receive an offer that is well above valuation we have to consider it.

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/1...exit-bombshell/

Just the same quotes here but the journo was putting two and two together a bit like some of us have already

I'd quite happily sell Bougherra for £6m+, as long as the money went towards two new CB's of good quality, along with a LW, and ST!

If Bougherra goes, then we need two new CB's or we're in trouble!

And we all know that the majority of any transfer fees will service the debt!

Meanwhile, Bordeaux, the French champions, had been ready to test Rangers' resolve with a £3m bid for Bougherra as they seek to replace Marseille-bound Souleymane Diawara. However, Jean-Louis Triaud, their president, said his side will pursue other targets, such as Marko Basa at Lokomotiv Moscow, after Bougherra told them he did not want to return to France.

From the Herald

French side Bordeaux end interest in Rangers' Madjid Bougherra

Jul 18 2009

BORDEAUX last night revealed Madjid Bougherra is off their radar - because the Rangers defender is happy in Scotland.

President of the French champions Jean-Louis Triaud insists his side will now pursue other targets after the Algerian internationalist made it clear he wasn't interested in a return to France.

Bordeaux were ready to test the Ibrox club's resolve with a £3million bid for the player they see as a replacement for Marseille-bound Souleymane Diawara.

Triaud revealed Laurent Blanc will now pursue other targets such as Lokomotiv Moscow's Marko Basa.

He said: "We haven't taken our interest in Madjid Bougherra further and there are no plans to do so now.

"We understand that the player is very happy at Rangers and he has indicated to us he wants to stay there.

"So as far as we are concerned if he says he wants to stay there that's what he will do.

"I have good relations with Rangers and I don't want this to change.

Keen "We didn't initiate contact with Bougherra's agent but we were called by someone claiming to be his agent suggesting the player would be keen to move to France.

"But we have since discovered this is not the case and we move on."

The news Bougherra is off Bordeaux's wanted list will be welcomed by the Ibrox support who watched another popular defender, Carlos Cuellar, leave for AstonVilla last August.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/...86908-21529017/

No desire to leave.

No deal done.

No story.

Basically, one person claiming to be an agent tried to instigate business with Bordeaux and everybody ran with "Boughie set/wants to leave" when there was absolutely no basis for the story.

That didn't stop the press and some of our more naive contributors from seeing the end of the world.

Told you so.

French side Bordeaux end interest in Rangers' Madjid Bougherra

Jul 18 2009

BORDEAUX last night revealed Madjid Bougherra is off their radar - because the Rangers defender is happy in Scotland.

President of the French champions Jean-Louis Triaud insists his side will now pursue other targets after the Algerian internationalist made it clear he wasn't interested in a return to France.

Bordeaux were ready to test the Ibrox club's resolve with a £3million bid for the player they see as a replacement for Marseille-bound Souleymane Diawara.

Triaud revealed Laurent Blanc will now pursue other targets such as Lokomotiv Moscow's Marko Basa.

He said: "We haven't taken our interest in Madjid Bougherra further and there are no plans to do so now.

"We understand that the player is very happy at Rangers and he has indicated to us he wants to stay there.

"So as far as we are concerned if he says he wants to stay there that's what he will do.

"I have good relations with Rangers and I don't want this to change.

Keen "We didn't initiate contact with Bougherra's agent but we were called by someone claiming to be his agent suggesting the player would be keen to move to France.

"But we have since discovered this is not the case and we move on."

The news Bougherra is off Bordeaux's wanted list will be welcomed by the Ibrox support who watched another popular defender, Carlos Cuellar, leave for AstonVilla last August.

http://www.<No links to this website>/football/spl/...86908-21529017/

No desire to leave.

No deal done.

No story.

Basically, one person claiming to be an agent tried to instigate business with Bordeaux and everybody ran with "Boughie set/wants to leave" when there was absolutely no basis for the story.

That didn't stop the press and some of our more naive contributors from seeing the end of the world.

Told you so.

Surely they can tell the difference between a real Frenchman and Timmy putting his best 'Allo 'Allo voice on?