***The official Rangers vs Arsenal match thread**

MisterC

So folks just over 24 hours to go. I took a lot of encouragement from the final half hour when all those subs came. Question is though, can we do the business against the gunners? I dont see why not and it goes without saying how good it would be lift the Emirates cup, ok its just a friendly tournament not the most prestigious but a cups a cup....

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Na i think most of the subs will start,like McGregor,Thommo and Aaron,will get to see everyone again

I meant keeping the same shape, 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 or whatever you want to call it

:lol: Soz mate reply was at Juno i think it was that said we would field a weakened team,i agree with what you said

-----------------------------------Shagger--------------------------

Whittaker--------------Weir-------------------Boogie----------Papac

----------------Davis----------------Thomson----------------------

Novo---------------------Mendes--------------------------Aaron

-------------------------Lafferty----------------------------------

Na i think most of the subs will start,like McGregor,Thommo and Aaron,will get to see everyone again

:lol: Soz mate reply was at Juno i think it was that said we would field a weakened team,i agree with what you said

:21:

Ha, my mistake!

I would like to see Aaron and Naismith from the start, I think they could cause some problems

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :bougherra: :mcculloch: :Smith:

:davis: :adam: :thomson:

:Naismith: :boyd: :aaron:

please tell me you are at it?

What is the point in not giving most players a game? What good do we do by giving experienced players 2 90 minute games in 24 hours? That aint my 1st choice XI but thats what I think the team may be.

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :bougherra: :mcculloch: :Smith:

:davis: :adam: :thomson:

:Naismith: :boyd: :aaron:

please tell me you are at it?

What is the point in not giving most players a game? What good do we do by giving experienced players 2 90 minute games in 24 hours? That aint my 1st choice XI but thats what I think the team may be.

i was partly on about you're formation aswel, whatever arsenal side gets put out the morn they would tear us a new arsehole going in this attacking minded, tbh whenever i see adam in any rangers side it still kinda shocks me, friendly or not hes just not good enough

:21:

Ha, my mistake!

I would like to see Aaron and Naismith from the start, I think they could cause some problems

Yep i wouldn't be surprised if both of them start,Naismith is really impressing me,starting to remind me of the player he was at Killie

Would love nothing more than to hammer the Arse 4-0 but it just won't happen.

Ideally.. Arsenal draw with Athletico today... and Athletico draw with PSG tomorrow. And we win if we hold a draw at Arsenal tomorrow.

Draws all the way..

We should definitely go out and try to win the tournament. I'd start with the finishing XI today except Davis in for Aaron with Naismith on the right. Then see how it goes. We have plenty of options in the squad except maybe at the back.

1-0 Rangers!