***The official Rangers vs Arsenal match thread**

MisterC

Maybe but it would still be strong if Edu was to replace any of those Midfielders

I agree with that, I rate Edu very highly

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe but it would still be strong if Edu was to replace any of those Midfielders

I agree with that, I rate Edu very highly

It's just a shame he is injured for the pre-season.

I think it'll be a midfield 5 due to a fear of Arsenal but would like to see Naismith and Lafferty together.

Why would Rangers fear Arsenal? After all they are not really that good, take Arshavin out and its a job made easiar.

Ahem...

ARSENAL: Almunia, Fabregas, Eduardo, Gallas, Song, Silvestre, Wilshere, Clichy, Arshavin, Eboue, Merida.

Subs: Sagna, Rosicky, van Persie, Denilson, Ramsey, Djourou, Bendtner, Traore, Watt, Szczesny.

Not that good you say?!

I think it'll be a midfield 5 due to a fear of Arsenal but would like to see Naismith and Lafferty together.

Why would Rangers fear Arsenal? After all they are not really that good, take Arshavin out and its a job made easiar.

Ahem...

ARSENAL: Almunia, Fabregas, Eduardo, Gallas, Song, Silvestre, Wilshere, Clichy, Arshavin, Eboue, Merida.

Subs: Sagna, Rosicky, van Persie, Denilson, Ramsey, Djourou, Bendtner, Traore, Watt, Szczesny.

Not that good you say?!

aw fuck

We have nothing to lose in this friendly hopefully Walter is willing to try something a wee bit different as the pressure is off, of course the 4-3-3 can quickly change to a 4-5-1 that's what good about this set up.

As long as we come out of this tie without any injuries I will be happy (tu)

This won't be an easy game. Arshavin will need to be shut down as soon as he gets even half a sniff at the ball.. the defence will need to be strong and composed and we may need to get them on the break and hope we get a clear cut chance or 3

It all depends whether Arshavin is playing through the middle or on the wing with Wilshere in the centre. If it's the latter we'll survive... if it's the former Weir will get absolutely ran ragged. :anguish:

But positive thoughts!

I want to see us get the ball down and pass it around. I want to see the front 3 interchanging and I want to see some passing and moving. Also if we can get some third man running as well I'd be delighted.

Like to win, but result isnt everything. Pre season results dont matter when the season starts.