*** Live Football Thread 10/11 ***

Boab

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That left back for Wolfsburg, Schafer, i've never seen him play before but I thought he was fucking ace. Up and down all night, liked to cut in a little and had some great crosses.

That left back for Wolfsburg, Schafer, i've never seen him play before but I thought he was fucking ace. Up and down all night, liked to cut in a little and had some great crosses.

I thought Sascha Riether on the other side was brilliant as well.

Looked like a German Dani Alves, he was rapid.

Shitting myself at the possibility of Grafite up against Weir/Whittaker/Papac :anguish:

What a player!

his goal :drool:

He went by Delpierre like he wasn't even there for the 2nd goal.

Honestly couldn't tell who it was, my stream was :anguish:

After that i'm completely hooked to Bundesliga. It's not been one of my priorities the past few seasons but i'm gonna make an effort this time. Any other players to keep an eye out for Pap? I particularly like wingers in the early Quaresma-potential style and attacking full backs.

After that i'm completely hooked to Bundesliga. It's not been one of my priorities the past few seasons but i'm gonna make an effort this time. Any other players to keep an eye out for Pap? I particularly like wingers in the early Quaresma-potential style and attacking full backs.

Marcell Jansen and Jonathan Pitroipa from Hamburg are two players I love watching that fall into those categories.

Pitroipa especially. His burst of speed over the first 20 yards is :blink:

Marcell Jansen and Jonathan Pitroipa from Hamburg are two players I love watching that fall into those categories.

Pitroipa especially. His burst of speed over the first 20 yards is :blink:

:praise::praise:

Shitting myself at the possibility of Grafite up against Weir/Whittaker/Papac :anguish:

What a player!

Overall, I wasn' that impressed with Dzeko and Grafite tonight. Thought both struggled to create chances for themselves, but Grafite's goal was brilliant, eased past the defender then calmy slotted it past the keeper.

Misimovic's goal :drool:

What a player!

Overall, I wasn' that impressed with Dzeko and Grafite tonight. Thought both struggled to create chances for themselves, but Grafite's goal was brilliant, eased past the defender then calmy slotted it past the keeper.

They're just warming up ;)

The most lethal Bundesliga combination to date and they were beyond telepathic at times last year.

Not just his goal, but Misimovic in general :praise:

Wolfsburg - given that they're a Pot 4 side - really are ones to be avoided!

What a player!

The most lethal Bundesliga combination to date and they were beyond telepathic at times last year.

Oh, I know what they're like, I watched quite a bit of the BundesLiga on Setanta. Their goal scoring records are ridiculous. It was Barzagli that impressed me most tonight. He reminds me of Nesta, quality defender. Always wanted Milan to sign him as Maldini's replacement towards the end of his Palermo days.

What a player!

Oh, I know what they're like, I watched quite a bit of the BundesLiga on Setanta. Their goal scoring records are ridiculous. It was Barzagli that impressed me most tonight. He reminds me of Nesta, quality defender. Always wanted Milan to sign him as Maldini's replacement towards the end of his Palermo days.

I think he'll still end up there, maybe in two seasons.

Awesome big defender.

What a player!

I think he'll still end up there, maybe in two seasons.

Awesome big defender.

You'd imagine he would want to return to Italy in the future.

Wolfsburg will be tough opponents for whoever they get in the CL. Solid at the back, creative in the midfield and deadly up front.

Can I also just say while we're talking about football for once, I really think this could be Benfica's year. Porto haven't seriously strengthened and Sporting are certainly losing Veloso... so with an on form Di Maria finally showing his potential in pre season, an Aimar who looks reborn, a Ramires who won't last the season before he's sold, and... this...

This guy.

I love Oscar. I really do. :pipe:

Sat 08 Aug 12:45

Southampton v Millwall

League One Sky Sports 2 (12:30-15:00)

Sky Sports HD2 (12:30-15:00) More

Sat 08 Aug 13:00

Inter Milan v Lazio

Italian Super Cup ESPN (13:00-15:00) More

Sat 08 Aug 14:00

2009 Mundialito, Portugal

Beach Soccer British Eurosport 2 (14:00-16:15)

Sat 08 Aug 17:30

Hoffenheim v Bayern Munich

Bundesliga ESPN (17:30-19:30) More

Sat 08 Aug 17:30

West Brom v Newcastle Utd

Championship BBC1 (17:20-19:30)

BBCHD (17:20-19:30)

Sat 08 Aug 19:45

Benfica v AC Milan

Pre-season Friendly ESPN (19:45-21:45)

Sat 08 Aug 23:00

LA Galaxy v New England