*** Live Football Thread 10/11 ***

Boab

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here was the actual challenge (not graphic, you cant see the break) but it shows it was just a 50/50.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii165/CadrosUK/actualchallenge.gif

Yeah, looks 50-50, which is why Arsene's post game interview pisses me off:

I am not very happy with the tackle. We know what to expect from other teams but we have now lost three players in five years to horrendous tackles. I refuse to believe it's coincidence when you're hit as many times as we are. We know teams want to be physical against Arsenal - this is the result. When you see how Aaron got injured today in the way that he did, it is not acceptable. I don't accept that. We could see the team was shocked, but we go until the end because we are strong mentally and united. We will do it for Ramsey as well because he deserves it. From a mathematical side of the game it was a good day for us. But we cannot really enjoy it.

He's always quick to jump out and accuse other teams of stuff, but never sees, when his players cross the line. Instead of concentrating on sending a positive message to Ramsey he throws out this rant, which holds little ground, if you see the tackle. And you could see by Shawcross' reaction that he was just as disturbed with it as the Arsenal players, furthermore he doesn't seem like a dirty player to me at all.

With all respect for Ramseys injuries, it looks like a 50-50. There was no malice in the tackle. Hes following through to kick the ball, hes not even sliding in for the tackle - looks like a knee jerk reaction from the ref. I'd be annoyed for getting sent off for that challenge, but i'm sure Shawcross has got other things on his mind at present.

No its not.

Its a clear sending off. He broke the lads leg. If a celtic player did that to boyd, your view would be different.

I disagree, the leg break shouldn't be what determines if the player gets sent off, it's the action, not the outcome that matters.

With all respect for Ramseys injuries, it looks like a 50-50. There was no malice in the tackle. Hes following through to kick the ball, hes not even sliding in for the tackle - looks like a knee jerk reaction from the ref. I'd be annoyed for getting sent off for that challenge, but i'm sure Shawcross has got other things on his mind at present.

No its not.

Its a clear sending off. He broke the lads leg. If a celtic player did that to boyd, your view would be different.

I disagree, the leg break shouldn't be what determines if the player gets sent off, it's the action, not the outcome that matters.

Nonsense. Its the outcome which always matters. He broke the guys leg ffs. He had no other choice. The ref would of got slated if he had kept him on. Lets not talk nonsense here.

No its not.

(tu) Yes thats what im trying to argue - if Ramsey didnt break his leg i dont think the ref would of sent him off, yes it was late and clumsy but not deserving off a red, he was going for the ball.

It is tough to make it out from that GIF that ClintonGrey posted. I can see why Wenger is frustrated by it. 3 players in 5 years is terrible. Eduardo and Ramsey are not the strongest players and are more likely to come off worse in a 50/50. There is no way I think players set out to injure Arsenal players, I just think the build of the majority of the Arsenal team and the physicality of the EPL isn't a great match.

No its not.

Nonsense. Its the outcome which always matters. He broke the guys leg ffs. He had no other choice. The ref would of got slated if he had kept him on. Lets not talk nonsense here.

So if Ramsey's leg wouldn't have been broken, then he wouldn't have been sent off? Why? His action would be exactly the same, so it's either a sending off regardless of the other player's injury or not. Outcome should not matter, by your logic any freak accident that results in a broken limb should be a sending off if it involves a player from the other team.

For example if I headbutt someone during a match, I'd get sent off regardless if I broke his nose or not.

No its not.

I agree with this, it was a perfunctory dismissal as a knee-jerk reaction to a horrific injury, and at the end of the day, if Shawcross stayed on the pitch you could tell that Big Sol would've broken every bone in his body, but the other posts are right, in terms of the rules it probably shouldn't have been a sending off. It clearly wasn't intentional and I'm not sure how much of a claim of violent or reckless conduct you could make, since Ramsey's challenge was easily as gung-ho.

It was just a horribly unlucky incident, and a sending off was the only logical move on the part of the referee.

No its not.

So if Ramsey's leg wouldn't have been broken, then he wouldn't have been sent off? Why? His action would be exactly the same, so it's either a sending off regardless of the other player's injury or not. Outcome should not matter, by your logic any freak accident that results in a broken limb should be a sending off if it involves a player from the other team.

For example if I headbutt someone during a match, I'd get sent off regardless if I broke his nose or not.

HE BROKE HIS LEG. He didn't break his fucking thumb or even his nose in a challenge in the air. HE COULD NOT WALK. Thats the difference. The ref would of got grilled if he had kept him on. End of. We all know it. If Mcgeady breaks any Rangers players leg tommorow, we will not be saying this.