*** Live Football Thread 10/11 ***

Boab

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/article742209.ece?slideshowPopup=true&articleId=742209&initialArticleId=742209

:anguish:

The first pic is pretty bad. Like a few folk have said, his reaction shows there was no malice in it. Feel for them both really.

TBF that pic looks as if the leg is already broken before the shawcross tackle.

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/article742209.ece?slideshowPopup=true&articleId=742209&initialArticleId=742209

The first pic is pretty bad. Like a few folk have said, his reaction shows there was no malice in it. Feel for them both really.

TBF that pic looks as if the leg is already broken before the shawcross tackle.

That's after the tackle

The ball was there to be won.

You can see by his reaction that Shawcross totally didn't mean to do that, the lad is absolutely fucking distraught.

It looks a 'cleaner' break than Eduardo's, who by the way, hasn't totally recovered. He's a shadow of his former self.

Sadly, teams have the mentality that if you go out and kick Arsenal, you'll win. Perhaps it's been true in the past, but that's Diaby, Eduardo and Ramsey had career-threatning injuries now.

Kaka and Ronaldo seem to have a great partnership, great to see. Spanish football is brilliant. When is the next Barca v Real game?

Not until April

Could be interesting, especially as La Liga employs the head to head system rather than goal difference to seperate teams equal on points

Kaka and Ronaldo seem to have a great partnership, great to see. Spanish football is brilliant. When is the next Barca v Real game?

i was thinking the same thing ;)

we are due one soon i think!

That is one thing I would love to do, go to one they games. Don't care if it was Nou Camp or Santiago Bernabeu, I would just love to go.

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

They are great friends off the field, it's beginning to show on the park (tu)

Spanish football is wonderful!

Not until April

Could be interesting, especially as La Liga employs the head to head system rather than goal difference to seperate teams equal on points

Far too long to wait! They should just play it next week.

That is horrible!! Poor lad, really hope he can recover.

the only thing i'll say about the challenge and the resulting red card is that the ref has probably sent him off for excessive force used in the tackle, which you can be sent off im sure

poor ramsey, the eduardo injury will give him hope of a full and quick recovery

i'm thinking he sent him due to the reaction of the arsenal players,

With all respect for Ramseys injuries, it looks like a 50-50. There was no malice in the tackle. Hes following through to kick the ball, hes not even sliding in for the tackle - looks like a knee jerk reaction from the ref. I'd be annoyed for getting sent off for that challenge, but i'm sure Shawcross has got other things on his mind at present.

No its not.

Its a clear sending off. He broke the lads leg. If a celtic player did that to boyd, your view would be different.

That doesnt mean it has to be a sending off. If ramsay got up fine from that tackle people wouldnt be calling for him to be sent off. It was a 50-50 and is just a shame that it ended in a broken leg. Im sure shawcross didnt argue with being sent off because it would seem disrespectful to argue about it at the time but the tackle itself had absolutely no intent in it. Hopefully he makes a quick recovery.

Wenger should probably keep things like this in mind...

diabyAI3103_468x449.jpg

gallastackle.jpg

Wenger is a hypocritical cunt, probably never saw those two tackles.

He did say he has select vision.

I hope Aaron Ramsey recovers from this, it was horrible! But, I feel sorry for Shawcross as well, it was a 50/50 and he had every right to go for the ball, and he was obviously distraught after it.