*** Live Football Thread 10/11 ***

Boab

It's a red card. Of course it is.

It's not a violent challenge or with intent, but it's dangerous. He's thundering through the guy, takes a wild swing for the ball and catches Ramsey high on his leg.

There was clearly no intention from Shawcross to hurt Ramsey but it was clumsy and dangerous play, that merits a red card.

Feel sorry for Shawcross as he looked distraught but my heart really goes out to Ramsey. That's a horrific break and we'll just have to wait and see how bad it is. Some breaks, players just can't back from. Fingers crossed it's fixable.

This, shawcross will be ashamed of himself, but in all honesty I think he didn't mean it.

What has he done to be ashamed of? He was merely trying to play the ball. Ramsay just got there quicker and had a freak break, so much so, that you have to wonder if there was a weakness in the bone.

Wenger's comments are pathetic, irresponsible and worthy of censure. I he was crap at organising his team, then he'd be Cectarian FC material.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MOTD showed what happened?

yeah, they showed replays and a slow motion different angle replay that they froze at the point of contact

for what its worth, ramseys foot seemed already bent over just as shawcross hits him

That was something i spotted as well, as if his studs were caught in the turf weakening his stance, i hope he makes a full recovery because he is a special talent.

I thought Wengers outburst was shocking ,he has been in the game long enough to keep his own council and wait till the heats off before commenting, all that done was provoke a response from Tony Pulis basically telling Wenger to shut the fuck up "you know nothing about my player"

It was a bad tackle, but imo no way malicious, up and down the country there were probably 100 tackles worse than that with no serious injuries.

I wish AR a full and speedy recovery but Shawcross should not beat himself up about it.

tbh i kinda see wnegers point

would shawcross have went in that hard against another team?

to me it seems that the other "less-footballing" sides in the EPL go in a lot harder on the arsenal players, because they know they wont get it back at them

the fact is, shawcross was late (the tackle came from his heavy touch), was high up ramsey's leg (the slow motion replay shoed him going over the ball from the start) and it was obviously hard enough to force ramseys leg in the other direction from the way it was moving

now would shawcross ave went in like that against say Viera/de jong, or scholes/carrick etc etc

other teams get bad injuries, like knee ligaments etc, but they can happen in a twist, a wee knock etc, leg breaks are the result of thundering challenges, yet they only really happen to arsenal

What replay?

All the reports say that, even when shown live, they decided it was too gruesome to show a replay of.

yeah, they showed replays and a slow motion different angle replay that they froze at the point of contact

for what its worth, ramseys foot seemed already bent over just as shawcross hits him

That was something i spotted as well, as if his studs were caught in the turf weakening his stance, i hope he makes a full recovery because he is a special talent.

I thought Wengers outburst was shocking ,he has been in the game long enough to keep his own council and wait till the heats off before commenting, all that done was provoke a response from Tony Pulis basically telling Wenger to shut the fuck up "you know nothing about my player"

It was a bad tackle, but imo no way malicious, up and down the country there were probably 100 tackles worse than that with no serious injuries.

I wish AR a full and speedy recovery but Shawcross should not beat himself up about it.

to me it seems that the other "less-footballing" sides in the EPL go in a lot harder on the arsenal players, because they know they wont get it back at them

the fact is, shawcross was late (the tackle came from his heavy touch), was high up ramsey's leg (the slow motion replay shoed him going over the ball from the start) and it was obviously hard enough to force ramseys leg in the other direction from the way it was moving

now would shawcross ave went in like that against say Viera/de jong, or scholes/carrick etc etc

other teams get bad injuries, like knee ligaments etc, but they can happen in a twist, a wee knock etc, leg breaks are the result of thundering challenges, yet they only really happen to arsenal

What replay?

All the reports say that, even when shown live, they decided it was too gruesome to show a replay of.

typical BBC then

MOTD last night showeda replay, and then a slow motion close up of it, and shawcross was way over the ball unfortunately

What replay?

They must have changed their mind. Seen replays on sky sports news and match of the day (tu)

It's a red card. Of course it is.

It's not a violent challenge or with intent, but it's dangerous. He's thundering through the guy, takes a wild swing for the ball and catches Ramsey high on his leg.

There was clearly no intention from Shawcross to hurt Ramsey but it was clumsy and dangerous play, that merits a red card.

Feel sorry for Shawcross as he looked distraught but my heart really goes out to Ramsey. That's a horrific break and we'll just have to wait and see how bad it is. Some breaks, players just can't back from. Fingers crossed it's fixable.

This, shawcross will be ashamed of himself, but in all honesty I think he didn't mean it.

What has he done to be ashamed of? He was merely trying to play the ball. Ramsay just got there quicker and had a freak break, so much so, that you have to wonder if there was a weakness in the bone.

Wenger's comments are pathetic, irresponsible and worthy of censure. I he was crap at organising his team, then he'd be Cectarian FC material.

I'm sorry but that's simply not a possibility.

As for Wenger, I agree he was OTT but he's just seen one of his brightest young prospects pick up a potentially career-threatening injury and he's angry and upset. But I wouldn't call it pathetic or worthy of censure.

Excessive force? Over the ball?

The replay must look a hell of a lot worse than the "live" footage. He doesn't appear to have his foot more 4 or 5 inches from the ground. So unless they were playing with a tennis ball, the phrase "over the ball" seems massively implausible.

Also, Ramsay just plays the ball first and that's the sole reason that you could misleadingly term it "late".

As for "excessive force", it seems a strange suggestion that you're only allowed to try to kick the ball so hard. Why have I never heard of the "you tried to kick the ball too hard" rule before?

The replay must look a hell of a lot worse than the "live" footage. He doesn't appear to have his foot more 4 or 5 inches from the ground. So unless they were playing with a tennis ball, the phrase "over the ball" seems massively implausible.

Also, Ramsay just plays the ball first and that's the sole reason that you could misleadingly term it "late".

As for "excessive force", it seems a strange suggestion that you're only allowed to try to kick the ball so hard. Why have I never heard of the "you tried to kick the ball too hard" rule before?

excessive force is actually a rule that the refs have to use, deeming wether a player has used more force than necessary in a tackle

bit of a daft one maybe, but if it helps stops injuries like yesterdays occuring more often then im all for it

Liverpool: Reina, Mascherano, Carragher, Agger, Aurelio, Benayoun, Gerrard, Lucas, Maxi, Kuyt, Torres. Subs: Cavalieri, Aquilani, Babel, Insua, Ngog, Kelly, Ayala.

Blackburn: Robinson, Salgado, Samba, Givet, Olsson, Hoilett, Nzonzi, Andrews, Pedersen, Diouf, Kalinic. Subs: Brown, Emerton, Dunn, Roberts, Grella, Di Santo, Chimbonda.

Kuszczak, Rafael, Vidic, Evans, Evra, Valencia, Fletcher, Carrick, Park, Owen, Berbatov.

Friedel, Cuellar, Collins, Dunne, Warnock, Ashley Young, Milner, Petrov, Downing, Heskey, Agbonlahor.

excessive force is actually a rule that the refs have to use, deeming wether a player has used more force than necessary in a tackle

bit of a daft one maybe, but if it helps stops injuries like yesterdays occuring more often then im all for it

Agree.

I think the main focus should be on a talented boy called Aaron Ramsey. It was an accident i suppose but just such a shame.

You would say that, being an Arsenal fan.

You're hardly ever subjective. So tiresome.