***the Official N F L 11/12 Season Thread***

chris_glasgow

Tom Brady should die of gonorroea and rot in hell :pipe:

Most impressive performance was Sanchez making his debut ant QB for the Jets, throwing a couple of touchdowns and getting the win, looks to have a big future.

Didn't watch the full game but good to see the Pats got the win. I like Brady and glad to see he is back. Still looks uncomfortable though from what I saw.

Speaking of injuries here's an interesting tid bit. Steelers SS Troy Polamalu became the 6th of 8 players featured on the Madden game franchise cover to suffer a serious injury in the opening part of the season he is featured on the cover. It's called the Madden Curse :lol:

2004- Michael Vick suffered a leg injury which kept him sidelined for the season.

2005- Ray Lewis suffered a season ending hamstring injury

2006- Donovan McNabb tore his ACL and was out for the remainder of the season

2007- Shaun Alexander sustained a foot injury which kept him out for 6 starts and never regained previous form

2008- Vince Young sustained an injury that put him out of the game and has never regained his starting position

2009- Brett Favre breaks the curse

2010- Troy Polamalu torn MCL against Titans should keep him out for 3-6 weeks. The other cover athlete was Larry Fitzgerald who had a decent game against the 49ers but I'd watch out if I were him :craphead:

Apparently when Tomlinson was asked to be on the cover his fans petitioned to have him saved from the curse :lol:

The old Madden curse....I was half expecting Fitzgerald to get injured :lol:

Was shocked to see the Raiders taking the Pats so close, is it a sign the Pats maybe ain't as good as predicted.

Was the Bills not the Raiders. Bills offence were a lot better than I expected from a pretty new lineup. The defence managed to shut down Brady fairly well. He didn't look very confident which is understandable, once he starts to regain some form they'll be a force to be reckoned with again.

Was shocked to see the Raiders taking the Pats so close, is it a sign the Pats maybe ain't as good as predicted.

Was the Bills not the Raiders. Bills offence were a lot better than I expected from a pretty new lineup. The defence managed to shut down Brady fairly well. He didn't look very confident which is understandable, once he starts to regain some form they'll be a force to be reckoned with again.

So it was doh

Watching Brady missing targets and been off the boil was a wee bit of a shock, obviously he's been out for a long while but we have been used to him putting in flawless performance over the years. Still he lead him to victory so maybe being a bit harsh.

The Bills have a few options in offence, if TO clicks with them they'll cause more problems.

NFL WEEK 2

September 20

Arizona Cardinals @ Jacksonville Jaguars

Carolina Panthers @ Atlanta Falcons

Cincinnati Bengals @ Green Bay Packers

Houston Texans @ Tennessee Titans

Minnesota Vikings @ Detroit Lions

New England Patriots @ New York Jets

New Orleans Saints @ Philadelphia Eagles

Oakland Raiders @ Kansas City Chiefs

St. Louis Rams @ Washington Redskins

Seattle Seahawks @ San Francisco 49ers

Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Buffalo Bills

Baltimore Ravens @ San Diego Chargers

Cleveland Browns @ Denver Broncos

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Chicago Bears

New York Giants @ Dallas Cowboys

September 21

Indianapolis Colts @ Miami Dolphins

So it was doh

Watching Brady missing targets and been off the boil was a wee bit of a shock, obviously he's been out for a long while but we have been used to him putting in flawless performance over the years. Still he lead him to victory so maybe being a bit harsh.

The Bills have a few options in offence, if TO clicks with them they'll cause more problems.

They were saying before the game that during the off-season he has been throwing the ball while backtracking instead of stepping forward into the pocket. His injured leg is coming off the ground as he passes a lot as well which means he is losing power and precision. I think it's just a confidence thing, when you come back from a serious knee injury like that the tendency is to be overly cautious about putting pressure on it. He wasn't as good against the Bills as he was before the injury but he still did ok. I think he's going to come back to form slowly over the next few weeks. Will be interesting if teams can take points of them though in the meantime. If they really pressure Brady his lack of confidence could mean he's going to get sacked or throw incompletes a lot more than usual.

49ers got a great win against the Cardinals but another tough game against the Seahawks next week. They don't really have many options in offence as Hill just seemed to be getting caught out. They will really have to rely on the running game.

Got this in email from FOX Sports. It is a long read, but it is called the Week 2 Cheat Sheet: NFL Picks and Predictions.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/1007836...and-predictions

This link below is FOX Sports' sportswriter's NFL Power Rankings.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

Final results for the 9 games already played with 5 games being played now; the New York Giants-Dallas game will be played at 7:20 pm CT tonight.

St. Louis 7

Washington 9

Minnesota 27

Detroit 13

Oakland 13

Kansas City 10

New England 9

New York Jets 13

Arizona 31

Jacksonville 17

New Orleans 48

Philadelphia 22

Houston 34

Tennessee 31

Carolina 20

Atlanta 28

Cincinnati 31

Green Bay 24

Games being played now:

Seattle at San Francisco

Tampa Bay at Buffalo

Pittsburgh at Chicago

Cleveland at Denver

Baltimore at San Diego

Tonight: New York Giants at Dallas

Just in...

Seattle 10

San Francisco 23

Tampa Bay 20

Buffalo 33

Pittsburgh 14

Chicago 17

Cleveland 6

Denver 27

Baltimore 31

San Diego 26

Soon, all eyes will be on Texas, that is, the Dallas Cowboys' new stadium where the Cowboys will host the New York Giants in its first home game opener.

Oh i see..yep they sure do.So do the Eagles which unhappily is my local team and i kinda dont like them anyway.I ended up a baseball fan while im here , Phillies , i got to see them win the world series last year :)

"Hide yer Beagle , Vicks an Eagle" lol