***the Official N F L 11/12 Season Thread***

chris_glasgow

Rams general manager Devaney officially out in St. Louis

The Rams are officially cleaning house.

The team announced Monday that G.M. Billy Devaney is out, in addition to coach Steve Spagnuolo.

“I would like to personally thank Steve and Billy for their dedication to the St. Louis Rams organization over the past several seasons,” said Rams owner E. Stan Kroenke in a team statement. “This was a difficult decision for many reasons. We have tremendous respect for Steve and Billy as people and football professionals.”

Unlike Jacksonville, Kansas City, and Miami, the Rams could hire a general manager before finding their next head coach. Or they could hire a head coach that essentially comes with someone who will help pick the players.

Devaney had his ups and downs in St. Louis, but ultimately he had too many misfires in the draft and free agency.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/02/rams-general-manager-devaney-officially-out-in-st-louis/

Don't know if it's been already mentioned, but The Rams needed a clear out.

REMINDER: #1 seed plays the lowest seed available and the #2 plays the highest in the divisional round, so the brackets after wildcard are not set in stone.

mtusfd.jpg

Hey CG, where did you get this graphic? I am not sure if it's from the NFL.com.

DB, I'm sure you probably have already heard the chatter about the Indianapolis Colts owner, Jim Irsay, promised changes and he did that today by firing the Vice Chairman Bill Polian and the General Manager Chris Polian.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825a6ca7/article/colts-fire-executives-bill-and-chris-polian-after-214-season?module=HP11_breaking_news

Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay promised changes were on the way. He began making them on Monday.

The Colts fired vice chairman Bill Polian and general manager Chris Polian, according to a league source. A move has yet to come down on coach Jim Caldwell, who is still likely to be fired after the Colts finished 2-14 in his third season.

If the coaching job in Indianapolis opens up, it will be a coveted position. Given the return of quarterback Peyton Manning and the No. 1 overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the team will very quickly take on a different shape.

Irsay is scheduled to speak to the media at 5 p.m. ET.

DB, I'm sure you probably have already heard the chatter about the Indianapolis Colts owner, Jim Irsay, promised changes and he did that today by firing the Vice Chairman Bill Polian and the General Manager Chris Polian.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825a6ca7/article/colts-fire-executives-bill-and-chris-polian-after-214-season?module=HP11_breaking_news

I did Lando, quite surprised Jim Caldwell didn't follow today. Massive re-building job up ahead for the Colts.

I heard from a little birdy that the Pats haven't beat anyone who has a higher than .500 average this year.

This combined with our crushing of them in the regular season makes me think that we might just be the best team in the AFC playoffs.

Of course now that I say that we will lose to the fucking Bengals or something.

Must admit it's nice to see the 49'ers in the playoffs again. But, I think we'll be up against New Orleans, and they'll beat us convincingly. I hope i'm wrong, but can't see it unfortunately.

Look m8, my Rams beat N.O., so you'd be crazy to count out your team. I think the 49er's have a solid chance against them as their D is a lot better than Detroit's.

Look m8, my Rams beat N.O., so you'd be crazy to count out your team. I think the 49er's have a solid chance against them as their D is a lot better than Detroit's.

I'm a Seattle fan and look what we done to N.O. last seasons post season. Its the play off's just look at Denver, anything can happen.

I've got work at 10 but can't sleep. Fridge full of beer and was happy to see Over Time, went down to get another beer, back into my room and touchdown!! :lol:

Was madness though.

Yeah, really thought the Steelers would pull it out. Thank God for that - I'm sick to my back teeth of that team. :D Can't believe how much the refs were favouring them towards the end, too - especially on their second last TD drive; the Pittsburgh O line was getting away with murder on almost every play, and none of the holding got called. Refs must have been on loan from the SPL. ;)