***the Official N F L 11/12 Season Thread***

chris_glasgow

As much as i'd love to see the 9'ers winning, I think the Saints will beat us convincingly, and then go on to beat the Packers, and then the Ravens in the Superbowl.

I still think the Niners will surprise a lot of people and give NO a very hard game. It's outdoors, at windy SF, with a massively pumped up crowd - Saints better not get too cocky or it will come back to haunt them.

I didn't watch the National Championship Game tonight in which the Alabama Crimson Tide defeated the LSU Tigers, 21-0 to win the national title. The Bama fans are going to be singing "Roll Tide" for a long time. I understand that it is the Southeastern Conference's (SEC) sixth consecutive national title.

The general consensus of the folks I've read from on Facebook said that this game was so boring that it was like watching the paint dry or watching the grass grow or feeling the excitement at a swim meet. A lot of defense more than the offense.

I still think the Niners will surprise a lot of people and give NO a very hard game. It's outdoors, at windy SF, with a massively pumped up crowd - Saints better not get too cocky or it will come back to haunt them.

If the defence, particularly the front 7, can get to Brees quickly, then we have a chance. But if we give him time to throw, we're in trouble. I will always live in hope though.

So apparently the Pats have hired Tebows former QB coach, just a week before they play them in the playoffs and he can apparently start working with them immediately.

Belichick getting insider info? Well I never! It's not like he has done something as unsportsmanlike before...right? :wanker:

So apparently the Pats have hired Tebows former QB coach, just a week before they play them in the playoffs and he can apparently start working with them immediately.

Belichick getting insider info? Well I never! It's not like he has done something as unsportsmanlike before...right? :wanker:

Oh you mean that former Pats coach that helped Denver out for a while. biggrin.gif

At the press conference today at Baylor University, Robert Griffin III (RG3) announced that he is foregoing his last year of eligibility to play for Baylor; instead, he is going to enter the NFL Draft. He finished his Bachelor's degree in 3 years at Baylor and is close to completing his Master's degree. He was redshirted for one year when he had a leg injury in his sophomore year, so that is why he had one more year left. He is listed as a junior because of that redshirt eligibility.

http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/2012/01/12/poll-43-percent-of-people-think-god-helps-tebow-win-including-54-percent-of-republicans/

So it’s come to our attention that you’ve been taking this Tebow-divine intervention thing seriously all this time? Sigh.

Noticing a Tebowing craze that’s swept the world and the fact that the Broncos are still alive in the playoffs, the folks at the survey company Poll Position decided to find out exactly how many folks think that Tebow’s success is indeed due to the Lord’s intervention. Their findings.

Among those aware of the Tebow phenomenon, 43% said they believed divine intervention was at least partly responsible for his success. Forty-two percent disagreed, and 14% expressed no opinion.

Yep, more people (among those aware of Tebow) believe that God is influencing NFL games than don’t believe. But here are some interesting breakdowns of the survey:

The numbers fluctuate greatly with the age of the respondent. But when it’s broken down between races, 50.5 percent of African Americans said yes to divine intervention, to only 37.1 percent of Caucasians. And a whopping 81.3 percent of Hispanic respondents answered yes, God has a headset.

And among Republicans, 54.2 percent think God helps Tebow win. Among Democrats, it’s 38.2 percent.

Oh, and men are less likely (40.6 to 46.8) than women (46.4 to 37.3) to think that God has a Tebow poster on his wall.

Meanwhile an ESPN poll rated Tebow as America’s favorite athlete: the quickest a pro athlete has ever topped their survey.

Poll: 43 percent of people believe that Tim Tebow’s success is due to divine intervention [sportress of Blogitude]

Tebow is winning because his offence can easily switch between a passing and rushing game during his no huddle offence, which defences find it very hard to come up against.

It's one of the main reasons I think they can beat the New England Patriots.

Thinking that God has any influence in it at all makes me laugh at some of you yanks. :lol:

Don't see all the hype behind the Packers tbh! They are in a poor division and have only played a couple of good teams which they have not looked dominating in doing so. Not to mention they lost to a bad Kansas City Chiefs team. Brady and New England look good to me at odds of 11/4 to win the Superbowl.