***the Official N F L 11/12 Season Thread***

chris_glasgow

Just came home from eating out at Fuddrucker's after leaving the Ferrell Center on the Baylor University campus. I was there along with the Baylor and the Waco communities to celebrate and honor Baylor University's 2011 football team's accomplishments including Robert Griffin III, Baylor's first Heisman Trophy winner, its 10-3 record and an Alamo Bowl championship.

Inside the Ferrell Center. There are two trophies on the podium in front of the platform: on the right side is the Alamo Bowl trophy and the Heisman Trophy is on the left which is hard to see because of where I was sitting.

402509_3163830894002_1212258790_33513588_2016451475_n.jpg

Ferrell Center (home of the Baylor University's men and women basketball teams)

390348_3162844949354_1212258790_33512905_1446471129_n.jpg

Still not watching the game, but I am reading that the Pats are whuppin' the Broncs.

Unlike the Pats-Broncos game, I've always enjoyed reading about the 1940 NFL championship game between the Chicago Bears and the Washington Redskins. I believe this is the only highest scoring game in NFL history where the Bears trounced the Redskins, 73-0. The Bears coach was George Halas and his quarterback was Sid Luckman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1940_NFL_Championship_Game

New England wins, 45-10 and advances to the AFC Championship game next Sunday at Gillette Stadium (erm, Razor Stadium, right, CSTA?) They will await the winner of the Texans-Ravens game being played tomorrow.

Didn't get to watch the game last night, but watched it this morning, and.........................party-smiley-048.gif

What a finish. Vernon Davis smiley-gen014.gifsmiley-gen014.gifsmiley-gen014.gif

That was a wild game indeed - props to SF for staying calm at the end and doing the business. I do kind of hate to see N.O. out of the playofs though - they are a really fun team to watch.

The moral of the story? Cheaters do indeed prosper. :pipe:

I look forward to him being murdered by Ray Lewis.

Probably literally. :lol:

Assuming we win tonight. :ph34r:

:lol: Honestly, I can't see anyone but NE winning the AFC now. Which means they'll probably go on to win the SB as well. :mecha-anguish: Och weel - I can always go back and re-watch the viddys of that SB of them against the Giants if I need to lift my spirits.

:lol: Honestly, I can't see anyone but NE winning the AFC now. Which means they'll probably go on to win the SB as well. :mecha-anguish: Och weel - I can always go back and re-watch the viddys of that SB of them against the Giants if I need to lift my spirits.

Oh cheer up maybe NE played their best game of the season last night and will fizz out next week.

Nice to remember too, that they dedicated this season to Myra Kraft and so far have done her proud.