***The Official Rangers 1 v 1 Hibs Thread***

Muff

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can honestly say now that if the likes of Whittaker and McCulloch play this game, hibs with people like Riordan, Zemmama and Stokes will run riot around our defence. I'm predicting a 2-0 Hibernian win and the boo's to be ringing around Ibrox at full time!

Novo will start, hopefully Fleck too

Mendes (obviously), Rothen and hopefully McCulloch out.

If so, I would love to see Wilson get a start, a natural centre back who gets raved about but still can't get a game ahead of a mediocre striker in his position.

Missing this game due to family commitments in manchester. I think we will win 2-1 but I doubt it will be a good game. My team would be

McGregor

Wittaker weir papac smith

novo davis thomson naismith

boyd miller

It's very risky against a half decent Hibs side, but I'd love to see most (although not all) of our top players shown up by being dropped for some youngsters. Unfortunately we're short of a replacement for every position I'd like dropped, so I can't think of a replacement for the likes of Whittaker since I think our young RB Lowing is on loan at Clyde.

:mcgregor:

:whittaker::wilson::Perry::papac:

:ness: :shinnie: :wylde:

:fleck:

:boyd: :campbell:

Maybe a team like that could actually show up our top earning piss artists for what they are & actually tear Hibs a new arsehole.

Was reading this and thought I'd pop it in here:

By ROGER HANNAH

Published: 23 Oct 2009

HIBS stand just 90 minutes from topping the SPL and have been lauded for their attacking swagger and cavalier style.

They're desperate to heap more Ibrox misery on champions Rangers tomorrow after their midweek Euro horror.

But Hibs gaffer John Hughes reckons they're still a million miles away from achieving his goal of a regular challenge to the Old Firm.

Yogi's men would soar above Gers and Celtic if they win tomorrow.

Just nine league games into the job, it would be the perfect start for the new Easter Road boss.

Hughes insists he won't get too excited as he believes his rebuild is only just beginning.

Yogi said: "We've done nothing yet. It's nice to be in this position and it tells us we are doing not too bad.

"But this league is a marathon. I won't stand here and say this or that about the Rangers game.

"Yes, I have seen improvement here and that's credit to the players.

"But in terms of my vision of where I see this club and where I want to take it, we are still a long way away.

"My job is to build a team here who the Hibs supporters want to see. I think we have to play a style of football which, for me, identifies what the fans want.

"If that means playing attractive football and winning matches, then I'm a happy guy. Where it takes us remains to be seen. I aspire to things, but I'm not going to sit here and set myself up. Let's keep our feet firmly on the ground.

"I have a bunch of boys who are hardworking and appreciate what they get if they put the work in."

Yogi brushed off all talk of splitting the Old Firm this term and publicly is even playing down his chances of winning at Ibrox.

In private the Hibs boss is sure to know the big two are wobbling and are more vulnerable than they've been for years.

In Derek Riordan, Anthony Stokes and Benji, he has a forward line likely to ask big questions of a Gers defence minus Madjid Bougherra. With Liam Miller and Merouane Zemmama behind them, they'll look to worry a Gers midfield shorn of crocked Pedro Mendes.

While Yogi won't tempt fate by fuelling the hype which is building within the Leith faithful he knows what Hibs are capable of.

He added: "I have to make sure I have my tactical head on when we go to Ibrox.

"I have to do what is best for Hibs and try to stay in the game for as long as we can.

"We are playing against the champions in their own back yard. It's challenge enough.

"We will have to carry a lot of luck if we are to get something out of the football match.

"I'd like to think my boys can express themselves and put on a show. I want them to make Rangers feel they've been in a game and, if they can do that, we'll see what happens.

"I owe it to the supporters to give it our best shot.

"Can we go to Ibrox and win? I'd like to think that I've got that belief in my dressing room.

"It's been done before so fingers crossed.

"One thing I will say is that Rangers having Bougherra and Mendes missing gives us a better chance of winning."

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/ho...op-Rangers.html

--------------------------------------:mcgregor:

:whittaker:--:wilson:--:weir:--:ssmith:

--------------------------------------:thomson:

:novo:-------------------------------------------------------:Naismith:

-------------------------:davis:-----:fleck:

--------------------------------------:lafferty:

Here is my bash at being the manager :craphead:

Everyone before yous start yer teams get whitts to feckk! hes a disaster back there!

We don't have any other realistic options!

There's plenty a youngsters eager for a start !

Yes, but are they a realistic option? As much as we all want the youngsters to get a chance, the only one with a chance of starting I'd bet is Fleck.

Walter will not play Wilson or Perry for that matter. I would like to see him try at least one of them, but he will not.

Walter may change things and play Papac at CH and bring in Smith at LB. I would rather see Wylde there as Smith is so poor.

In the middle you can only hope that McCulloch and Thomson are not both there as there would be no guile or creativity whatsoever. Davis must play well. He must not hide in this one. I can only guess our midfield but it may be Davis, MCulloch, Thomson and Naismith, with Boyd and Lafferty or Miller up front.

We will struggle as our defence is shaky and slow and our midfield creates nothing. Fighting spirit and pride though may give us a win - I hope.

Mon the Gers!!

I would like to see the whole squad play without looking tentative or timid and have fire in their bellies. No o.g's please.

Need to get back to the basic fundamentals of football.