***The Official Rangers 1 v 1 Hibs Thread***

Muff

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hibby in peace....if thats possible :ph34r:

The overwhelming feeling from the likes of a "wee" club like ourselves this season is that the OF are as weak as they have been for many a long year. IMO Walter Smith is a solid manager but lacks inovation and allways goes "tried and tested" leaving Rangers open to being out thought by more ambitous managers. Mogga meanwhile(who has reformed himself as a complete tool at Celtic) is about to find himself under intense pressure as he still has his habit of being completely useless when faced with a big game and big choices. Yeah...he done ok with all our talented youngsters that came through....a bairn wi a biscuit arse could have done as good a job tho' tbh....but he got us pumped by the Yams by 3 goals or over on 3 seperate occasions and that hurt. So yeah....both the OF have the wrong managers.

As for the game tomorrow? 9/1...having a laugh the bookies are! Gers are favs...no doubt about it, but 9/1 is a bit fancifull. Most important for the Hibees is to stay focused and try and grab the 1st goal. Thats the key as far as we are concerned as I have seen it before at Ibrox were we have got our noses in front and with good counter attacking players(as we have had...and do have)...we can exploit the rather imobile Rangers defence. However...Rangers will be the preverbial wounded animal tomorrow and every one of the starting XI will KNOW that they have to win or the pressure that will fall upon them will be intense. So its wether or not the Gers come out and show what they are made of.....or not. Hibs WILL exploit them if they are not at the races.

Why do my fellow bears constantly pick Naismith to be in the starting 11. Walter picks him regularly but getds slagged for his team selections. I will say Naismith will run all day long, but thats it. He can't score, he can't stay in position, he can't pass. he can't shoot, he constantly runs into team mates. he gets in the way of shots from team mates, he looses possession easily, he can't hold the ball up...............but he can run all game long.............so bears what does he bring to merrit a first team place?.................Follow..........................Follow.........................

......Colin

Could Hibs split the old firm this year? hibs could go top tomorrow - unreal <cr> Im no even gonna post a team - i have zero confidence in the lot of them at the moment. In all honesty it could go anyway, i hoping for a victory no matter how ugly, just a victory. But that performance on tuesday night is telling me we are going to drop points :anguish:

Hibs will be right up for it - kick us when we are down sort of thing. Which is why we need to storm out the traps snap that riorden in 2 and hopefully he'll have a quiet game after it. Get a early goal and go for more, none of this defending your lead shite.

Tell you one thing if Rotton is playing we'll get beat - you cant start a match a man doon against a half decent hibs team.

More chance of us signing Cristiano Ronaldo, John Terry, and Miralem Pjanic in a triple swoop during the January transfer window, than there is Hibs or anyone splitting the Old Firm this season!

Why do my fellow bears constantly pick Naismith to be in the starting 11. Walter picks him regularly but getds slagged for his team selections. I will say Naismith will run all day long, but thats it. He can't score, he can't stay in position, he can't pass. he can't shoot, he constantly runs into team mates. he gets in the way of shots from team mates, he looses possession easily, he can't hold the ball up...............but he can run all game long.............so bears what does he bring to merrit a first team place?.................Follow..........................Follow.........................

......Colin

Don't see the point of him either; his loss of possession rate must be about the highest and getting close to his jumping out of potential tackles and falling over rate.

More chance of us signing Cristiano Ronaldo, John Terry, and Miralem Pjanic in a triple swoop during the January transfer window, than there is Hibs or anyone splitting the Old Firm this season!

A half decent Hearts did it a few seasons ago, and this is a half decent Hibs side doing well when the Old Firm are a pile of garbage now... go figure.

A half decent Hearts did it a few seasons ago, and this is a half decent Hibs side doing well when the Old Firm are a pile of garbage now... go figure.

Anyway, as I said above.... ;)

:alexander:

Little :wilson: :edu: :wylde:

:davis: :mendes: :thomson:

:boyd: :novo: :miller:

Swap Novo and Boyd and I would like to see this being tried out.

With an unfit Little, Edu, Thomson and Mendes? No thankyou

I'm not sure what team Walter will put out. This is one of the few times we know what his line up is going to be. I mean, after that result, which way will he go? All out Attack? Cautious?

I think we treat the other SPL sides with far too much respect. It's about time we set our stall out to attack Hibs and beat them comfortably. We need 100% backing from the fans tomorrow. I just hope the crowd don't get on the teams back early on in the match.

I think the score will be Rangers 2 - 0 Hibs.

On BETFAIR Hibs were getting 12.5-1(11+1/2 )at one time over £51 grand been bet so far on the game & a lot of money for a Hibs win £16000 to be precise, £31000 Gers win & the rest on the draw.

Who'd have thought that 40% of the money was on Rangers not beating Hibs at Ibrox.

Some very clever backers on BF who know a value bet when they see it.They work it on the assumption that Hibs wont get beaten.

eg.

Rangers Win 1.47

Hibs win 8.8

Draw 4.9

If you had £100 & thought that in the current climate a good pacy football team close to the top up against a dingy, poor, slow, lifeless Rangers team-the very least they can get is a draw.They would put £65 quid on the draw & £35 quid on the Hibs win, any kind of result except a Rangers win ensures a return of approx £310 - £320.

same team as tuesday night will be played

Someone better tell Mendes and Thomson that they are playing. I've got a feeling that neither are expecting it...

there both out defo?

Mendes is out for 6 weeks and Thomson is a doubt for tomorrow (tu)