PLGs vendetta?

Do you think Le Guen might have a problem with some of the scottish lads in the team?

Firstly we have the Kris Boyd scenario he doesnt do enough outside the box etc,FFS the guys job is to score goals and theres noone better in the SPL who does this and theres not many down south either,its guys like big dado who do all the so called donkey work,most managers would give away their right arm to have a striker that deadly.And somehow PLG still backs Sebo to become some sort of scoring machine i know the lads not had many starts but when he has come on IMO it looks like he couldnt hit a coos erse wae a banjo.

Then youve got Allan McGregor shut out after shut out and as soon as Letitzi(one of PLGs signings)comes back from injury BANG straight back in the team although to give him credit he did re-instate McGregor as his no 1.

Now we have the Barry Ferguson saga where le Guen is playing down the importance of the captains role of Glasgow Rangers in public and probably pissing of arguably this seasons best player and someone who cares deeply about our club. I dont want to see PLG leave but does anyone else notice a pattern here?

Do you think Le Guen might have a problem with some of the scottish lads in the team?

Firstly we have the Kris Boyd scenario he doesnt do enough outside the box etc,FFS the guys job is to score goals and theres noone better in the SPL who does this and theres not many down south either,its guys like big dado who do all the so called donkey work,most managers would give away their right arm to have a striker that deadly.And somehow PLG still backs Sebo to become some sort of scoring machine i know the lads not had many starts but when he has come on IMO it looks like he couldnt hit a coos erse wae a banjo.

Then youve got Allan McGregor shut out after shut out and as soon as Letitzi(one of PLGs signings)comes back from injury BANG straight back in the team although to give him credit he did re-instate McGregor as his no 1.

Now we have the Barry Ferguson saga where le Guen is playing down the importance of the captains role of Glasgow Rangers in public and probably pissing of arguably this seasons best player and someone who cares deeply about our club. I dont want to see PLG leave but does anyone else notice a pattern here?

Nope, because you've overlooked his criticisms of foreigners like Sionko.

He criticises players who he believes deserve it, not based on their nationality.

imo.

Being a new Manager at the club, he wants to instill his vision on the club. Problem is, other than Clement, his signings are garbage. Pure and simple. The Letizi situaiton was beyond belief and he def. played his last game for us. Hopefully PLG can offload that useless idiot in January. The Boydie thing about -- he needs to improve etc. Well maybe Kris does... but hey, who gives a toss if he's scoring goals. If it were up to me I'd just let Kris be Kris.

He keeps going on about "I'm the boss" and Barry ca nthink what he wants. Now, this might be blown out of proportion but it was reported on the BBC site that Fergie was 'angry'. I trust the BBC a wee bit more than the rags. So, Barry must have been upset. And he was upset over the comments that PLG made about the importance of a Captain in Football. PLG does not understand Scotland, the OF, or the SPL for that matter. It is a huge responsibility to be an OF Captain -- even Lennon nows that. (That's how dumb PLG is at the moment. Frreakin Lennon actually knows better.)

Jury is still well out on Monsieur Le Guen. I wouldn't be surprised that if things don;t get all rosy in the second half that he's offski at the end of the year. Right now, he scores a 3/10 on my book.

So, I suspect he simply doesn't rate Scottish players. Wonder if he went to the Scotland 1-0 France game. Also, wonder why he came here in the first place?

Being a new Manager at the club, he wants to instill his vision on the club.? Problem is, other than Clement, his signings are garbage.? Pure and simple. The Letizi situaiton was beyond belief and he def. played his last game for us.? Hopefully PLG can offload that useless idiot in January.? The Boydie thing about -- he needs to improve etc. Well maybe Kris does... but hey, who gives a toss if he's scoring goals.? If it were up to me I'd just let Kris be Kris.

He keeps going on about "I'm the boss" and Barry ca nthink what he wants.? Now, this might be blown out of proportion but it was reported on the BBC site that Fergie was 'angry'.? I trust the BBC a wee bit more than the rags. So, Barry must have been upset.? And he was upset over the comments that PLG made about the importance of a Captain in Football.? PLG does not understand Scotland, the OF, or the SPL for that matter.? It is a huge responsibility to be an OF Captain -- even Lennon nows that.? (That's how dumb PLG is at the moment.? Frreakin Lennon actually knows better.)

Jury is still well out on Monsieur Le Guen.? I wouldn't be surprised that if things don;t get all rosy in the second half that he's offski at the end of the year.? Right now, he scores a 3/10 on my book.

So, I suspect he simply doesn't rate Scottish players.? Wonder if he went to the Scotland 1-0 France game. Also, wonder why he came here in the first place?

Have to disagree.

What makes you think he does not rate Scottish players? he has played Smith at every opportunity he has had.

All Le Guen said was "in France the captancy is not takin as seriously as in Scotland"

Where there is he attacking Bazza?

If Bazza wants to be a premidonna now, because he doesn't say jump & the gaffer says how high, he can fuck off. He has yet to prove he was worth what we payed.

If he was a forigner the supporters wouldn't be so patient for him to "perform at his leavel" because of what we payed. So in general it's OUR biased towards Scots not Le Guens.

PLG has, at various times, praised Adam, Hutton, McGregor and Smith for their application, work ethic and willingness to learn. Kris Boyd, for all his many talents, has shown no desire to listen to a guy who, just maybe <_< , might be somewhat older, wiser and a bit more experienced and whose advice might actually improve Boyd's game.

Not so long ago we were hearing how PLG is 'biased' in favour of French (or French speaking) players. This was been proven to be groundless, as is this latest nonsense about PLG attitude to Scottish players :lol:. If anything, PLG seems to have identified certain motivation problems with Scottish youth players and they, for the most part, are enthusiatically responding to his methods.

Boyd is not untouchable and neither is Ferguson. Quite frankly there has been a big improvement in the team since KB was dropped, although I'll accept that his finishing could have made a difference v Celtic. Barry is certainly playing the Captain's part (tu) but if he feels so insecure that he spits the dummy whenever the manager, regardless of context, answers a question, or gives an opinion, then he really ought to look in the mirror. :unsure:

Final point, if Leitiz had pulled a similar howler to McGregor then how many supports would be calling for his blood <angryy> . For a guy who is anti-Scottish, Le Guen displayed a lot of forgiveness for that one. doh

BF is NOW paying his way after he has recovered from his injuries.

He is our best player IMO.

PLG has faults however and I hope he succeeds, but the jury IS still out.

There IS optimism after the Hibs and Celtic games, but a LONG way to go.

JMO

:unsure:

After hearing of the comments made by PLG about the captaincy in Scottish football I think he is right, to a certain extent.

Don't get me wrong, without Barry commanding the team I think we would have quite a few more bad results than what we've had this season. However, why should that pressure be put on one player alone in a TEAM.

Ferguson works his heart out, organises the team, gives criticism where it is due. Why shouldn't every other player do the same? Wouldn't it benefit the team if that was the case?

JMO.

Le Guen's downfall in a lot of cases (and this is probably due to the language) is simply that he is extremely honest with the press and if he thinks a player can offer more he tells them. A lot of managers (rightly or wrongly) choose to do that behind closed doors.

Kris Boyd is not the finished article and I think the worst thing he could do was assume he'd made it and rest on his laurels. Boydy is a great finisher but if his workrate outside the box increased he could become a great striker. I don't think that because PLG is encouraging him to improve, he doesn't rate him. Look at the number of games Boyd has played for Rangers! Only dado has played more and he is an outstanding player.

Secondly, and this has been mentioned before, he has played, regularly, McGregor, Smith, Hutton, Ferguson, Burke (pre-injury) and Charlie Adam.

So in answer to your question of whether PLG has a Scottish vendetta, I answer, categorically and emphatically, no.

After hearing of the comments made by PLG about the captaincy in Scottish football I think he is right, to a certain extent.

Don't get me wrong, without Barry commanding the team I think we would have quite a few more bad results than what we've had this season. However, why should that pressure be put on one player alone in a TEAM.

Ferguson works his heart out, organises the team, gives criticism where it is due. Why shouldn't every other player do the same? Wouldn't it benefit the team if that was the case?

JMO.

To show how important a captains role was in the past few seasons for us,remember Stefan Klos, the quietest man at Ibrox was given that motivating role.

Barry leads by example and by spurring on his team, which he did when he wasn't captain and will always do.

Some Scottish players are a little bit pretentious and have a lack of respect, it's why it's hard for PLG , who is not accustomed to this fact, to agree with everything, in France he had not those problems because the players were respectful to him.

Some Scottish players are a little bit pretentious and have a lack of respect, it's why it's hard for PLG , who is not accustomed to this fact, to agree with everything, in France he had not those problems because the players were respectful to him.

We dont lack respect for anyone, we lack a bit of discipline.

We dont lack respect for anyone, we lack a bit of discipline.

But when the coach tell you to be more disciplined and you don't agree, then you have a lack of respect for the coach. ;)