***The Official Rangers v VfB Stuttgart Thread***

Muff

:mcgregor:
:bougherra: :weir: :wilson: :papac:
:thomson:
:whittaker: :davis: :Naismith:
:boyd: :miller:

Kris Boyd and Danny Wilson must start!

Some may not want Madjid Bougherra in the team, but we need our best players, and if he's available, then he should start. Thought he was impressive at RB for Algeria, and would like to see him play there so Weir and Wilson can play in the center, with Whittaker, who is a bit of a liability on the defensive side, pushing into midfield.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with your lineup Muff (tu)

Boyd and Wilson have played well enough to merit a start, and we have to find a place for Bougherra. I still have my doubts over whether Boyd actually starts. He played well before the last Unirea match and didn't get the nod, what has changed since then?

We do need to find a way of fitting Bougherra, Weir and Wilson into the side.

Neither Wilson or Weir have done a thing wrong, and Bougherra is just so important.

It would be an absolute disgrace/crime/farce (take your pick) if Wilson gets dropped from CB for anyone.

I'm really not that arsed about europe this season to be honest. Grateful for the cash, but the focus has to be on the league. I'd accept another 4-1 pumping if we were guaranteed 3 points against Aberdeen. Even if we beat Stuttgart, I still expect us to lose in Seville and for us to finish 4th anyway. I'd rest Weir on Tuesday, and then I'd have Bougherra at right back for Aberdeen with Wilson in beside Weir.

Would like to see Fleck, Rothen and Lafferty given some substantial game time on Tuesday.

______________________McGregor

Whittaker_______Bougherra_______Wilson_______Papac

_______________________Thomson

Naismith________Davis___________Fleck________Rothen

______________________Lafferty

I never accept a pumping!

Stuttgart are there for the taking, we need to put together a winning run, and the money from a Champions League win would be a boost, along with the possibility of still finishing 2nd.

I'm really not that arsed about europe this season to be honest. Grateful for the cash, but the focus has to be on the league. I'd accept another 4-1 pumping if we were guaranteed 3 points against Aberdeen. Even if we beat Stuttgart, I still expect us to lose in Seville and for us to finish 4th anyway. I'd rest Weir on Tuesday, and then I'd have Bougherra at right back for Aberdeen with Wilson in beside Weir.

Would like to see Fleck, Rothen and Lafferty given some substantial game time on Tuesday.

______________________McGregor

Whittaker_______Bougherra_______Wilson_______Papac

_______________________Thomson

Naismith________Davis___________Fleck________Rothen

______________________Lafferty

How can you have that attitude to a Champions League game. <cr>

After Kaunas this is the stage we all wanted to be back on and that was one of the biggest rewards that came with winning the league. We've made an arse of the group so far but we still have a vague chance of qualifying and we must do everything we can to make it happen.

If we can't win the league and have some progress in Europe then something is very wrong, it's not as if we're likely to end up in another situation like 07/08, i'd say that was pretty unique the way things worked out with the number of postponed games etc etc.

If we go with the one upfront, that one being Kenny Miller, then I'll be absolutely disgusted with Walter Smith. It just doesn't work, especially when we are needing the 3 points.

:boyd: :novo:

Some may not want Madjid Bougherra in the team, but we need our best players, and if he's available, then he should start. Thought he was impressive at RB for Algeria, and would like to see him play there so Weir and Wilson can play in the center, with Whittaker, who is a bit of a liability on the defensive side, pushing into midfield.

Fixed your team Muff :)

:boyd: :novo:

Fixed your team Muff :)

Don't think Nacho Novo should start tbh. Miller played quite well today, and linked up well with Boyd.