Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rangershistory

This is so wrong

The following is total garbage. Its made up its from a site that gives an alternative history of the World Cup or to put it another way its made up.

Precursor To The World Cup

Not many know know this but Rangers represented Scotland in the Tournoi International de Amsterdam, 1902, a World Championship first proposed by Carl Hirschmann (Dutch banker and financer). The tournament organisers had to decide on which teams would participate. The current champions of the top European leagues were invited and these teams were - FC Zurich from Swizerland, Racing Club de France, Racing CB from Belgium, H.V.V. from Holland and of course, Rangers. Sunderland FC (England), Genoa Cricket FC (Italy) and Orgryte IS (Sweden) refused to participate. Other teams that participated were Vienna Cricket FC (Austria), Budapesti Torna Club (Hungary) and SK Slavia (Czech Republic). Six teams ended up competing the first round because of politics and stuff like that. Some countries complained about what team should have represented so they were either pulled out and replaced with other teams or just pulled out altogether. Racing Club de Roubaix beat Zurich in the first round and H.V.V. beat Racing Club Brussels. The victors of those two games were both annihilated by Denmark and Rangers. H.V.V. beat Racing Club de Roubaix comfortably in the third place play off and in the consolation match, Racing Club Brussels defeated FC Zurich. The final was contested by Glasgow Rangers and Denmark and Rangers simply destroyed the Danes. The tournament was a huge success and Rangers were the first Scottish club to win a world trophy.

Who put this on ????????

is it still on ? i cant find it

Do you know I spent ages going through my library I have about 1000 football books it took me ages. :huh:

But a lesson for everyone always find more than one source for imformation. So no harm done and gives us a chance to take the Pish out of NOWUWDC I mean who ever put it on.

I got in contact with the person who wrote the Alternative World Cup History site he thought it was funny as hell he tells me its not the first time his work has appered on other sites as fact.

I'm far too gullible. :lol:

But to be fair, I did ask in the main thread if I should put it on and then asked again because the person that originally posted the link was then banned.

So does the guy that made that Alternative World Cup History just make up stories for a laugh? :huh: