***The Official Rangers v Dundee United Thread***

Muff

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game, great result, but I thought some players were a bit off. Broadfoot looks slow to me; Davis never really showed up like he can; Lafferty was very poor except for one move where he laid on Boyd's last goal; Novo worked hard but was pretty poor. Smith looks shaky to me at LB.

The only thing that tampers my joy,is that it could be all change when the big man will be off to the african cup.

Notice that the whole demeanour of the team,has improved dramatically since he came back from the world cup qualifiers.

Hope the tims won't be cashing in on his absence.

From Kerrydale St.

Jimbo

"h*** are rampant, our defence is pish"

Paulmc1888

"Our defence may be pish but its still better than the defences the h*** have been facing in the last month. Oh and we have better forwards than the teams playing against the h*** this month have also.Which is why we will win on Sunday. They wont live with our pace. "

Garioch

"Nah, the time to panic was last season. Now I just look and wonder what madness the back line are going to conjure to frustrate and amuse me in every game.

Pressure the h** and they'll collapse. Let them get anywhere near our goal and one of our Billy Smarts recruits will help them into the back of the net with it. It's really little more complicated than that."

Modest Mouse

"Sounds like Dundee United have given up after their fourth. The physicality of their forwards is key to them and Celtic must, must be aware of this. You can tell a defence have been knocked from pillar to post when Mahjid Bougherra 'slaloms' his way through to a goal, according the BBC text. Our defenders must be alert and must concentrate on Sunday. Whilst the likes of Samaras must take their chances.

Whilst I don't rate the h***' players individually, they have been moulded as a tight unit who know how they are to play. Unfortunately given our current deficiencies, the signs don't currently look good. If the h*** come and beat us, then I reckon Mowbray wont last the season. "

Paulmck1888 again

"If you can bear it, watch the highlights of the goals. In the 2nd half at least 3 of them were gifted to Rangers. Also Dundee Utd had 3 0r 4 chances at 3-1 down.This wasnt a magnificent performance from rangers and the score line flattered them immensely. "

Lets all laugh at Smellik

:cool::cool::cool:

From Kerrydale St.

Paulmck1888 again

"If you can bear it, watch the highlights of the goals. In the 2nd half at least 3 of them were gifted to Rangers. Also Dundee Utd had 3 0r 4 chances at 3-1 down.This wasnt a magnificent performance from rangers and the score line flattered them immensely. "

Lets all laugh at Smellik

:cool::cool::cool:

Time Paulmck1888 took the green tinted specks off :mutley:

Superb performance from Boyd. Agree with NVA above... Some of our guys weren't great though and we took our chances when we had them..

Actually, I thought Papac had a very solid match -- ok 45 mins -- but better than he has been. Happy for Boyd. Been rewarded for the obvious hard work he has put in.

:21: :21: :21:

The only thing that tampers my joy,is that it could be all change when the big man will be off to the african cup.

Notice that the whole demeanour of the team,has improved dramatically since he came back from the world cup qualifiers.

Hope the tims won't be cashing in on his absence.

I think it was the dire display at the Sheepdome that got them all mad with themselves...that was the turning point more than Boogie coming back though its great he is there