Kris Boyd offered new contract

macka1990

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lets face it we will lose anyone who excells with us :power_of_anguish:

STV

Martin O’Neill has joined the list of clubs ready to move for Kris Boyd if his contract situation at Rangers is not agreed. The Aston Villa manager has already opened talks with the Rangers hitman with a view to signing the player at the end of the season.

According to a report in the Scottish Sun, the SPL top goalscorer travelled to Birmingham on Wednesday and had talks with O’Neill before taking in Villa’s 6-4 win over Blackburn. The striker is due to return to Glasgow on Thursday morning.

Boyd’s Rangers contract expires at the end of the season and, as yet, no extension has been agreed between player and club. A three-year deal worth £18,000 is said to be on offer but the forward is currently considering his options and has not put pen to paper.

With Rangers currently operating under financial restrictions due to their debts, the club has had to wait until now to prepare offers for their out-of-contract stars with Kirk Broadfoot and Nacho Novo also considering new deals. Tying Boyd down to the club in the long-term is a priority for Rangers manager Walter Smith and he is said to be considering selling Pedro Mendes to Sporting Lisbon to raise funds to make it happen.

Villa’s interest adds to the options available to the ex-Kilmarnock star as he considers his future. Ex-Celtic manager O’Neill is well aware of Boyd’s ability and sees a role for him at Villa as he attempts to mastermind a bid for Champions League football.

There is also interest in the player from the other half of Birmingham, where ex-Rangers boss Alex McLeish is another admirer of the prolific scorer. McLeish has funds to spend after the club’s takeover by Carson Yeung and could try to steal a march on his rival by making a cash bid to land Boyd before the end of the transfer window.

Clubs in Germany, France and Turkey have also shown an interest in securing the players services. However, it is believed that the player wants to stay at Ibrox and is keen to see the club meet his wage demands.

Boyd is currently recovering from a hernia operation and is expected to return to first-team action in mid-February. With Newcastle United and Middlesbrough also keeping tabs on his situation the striker is likely to spend his convalescence attempting to iron out his future plans.

Last updated: 21 January 2010, 07:43

A guy in my works brother stays in Birmingham and he was saying this morning that it's rife down there that he'll sign this weekend.

He told me before i'd even read a paper so we'll just have to wait and see.

Bad news if we lose Boyd and Mendes

A guy in my works brother stays in Birmingham and he was saying this morning that it's rife down there that he'll sign this weekend.

He told me before i'd even read a paper so we'll just have to wait and see.

Bad news if we lose Boyd and Mendes

nightmare time

they should have given Boydie a contract ages ago...total lack of respect for what he has done for the Club to date

didnt realise Pedro was on 30K a week I guess we just cant afford wages in that bracket anymore ...even Rothen gets more than Boydie we pay half his wages....ridiculous

'We are not looking at players at this minute because we have to sell. Do I have to sell to buy? We wouldn't be the only club in that position.'

This follows on from the comments the other day: 'I understand about the need for prudence – and I believe in it. But I am a football manager. I get judged on results and not on the long term. Every single club I’ve been at, I have worked to the budgets given to me. That’s at Wycombe, Leicester and at Celtic, so I haven’t changed here.' Adding he is happy with the squad but 'I’m no different to anybody – I’d like it to be stronger.

I know boyds a freebie but that was his reply yesterday

Conflicting reports - some say we're looking to sign him now, others say we're looking to sign him on a free at the end of the season.

All however agree that he was at Villa Park for the game yesterday, and all agree he spent all day with Martin.

If we were to sign him... he wouldn't be cup tied for the final (or the FA Cup) either! And how could he not but be impressed by last night?

Good scoring record on the guy, but he'd have to step it up a level to match that in the Premiership (mind you, with the amount of chances we create, if he's as good a finisher as his record suggests he'd score plenty!)

Appears he was down there last night

I just wish we got it sorted out. IF and that is a big IF, he was to leave in this window, then we would need to replace him.

IF and again, that is a big IF, he was to sign a pre-contract, then he can get himself to fuck.

Hopefully he puts pen to a new deal at Ibrox, because we have seen that without him, and his goals, we struggle big time, and we cannot rely on the likes of Novo, Lafferty, Miller, Naismith....

aye muff but what IF he does go and we get 3-4 mil would walter even see that money or would it go towards the debt.because i couldnt see walter geting any of it.

IF boyd goes :anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

Honestly i would rather see him walk out on a free than get rid of him in this window.

losing boyd right now could cost us 10 mil - do the math

1.5 mil now < 10 mil in summer

you know it makes sense rodney

Martin O'Neil said yesterday that they are not looking to bring in anyone at the moment in time, and if they were, they would have to sell first.

Not seen anything on SSN, and although that is not alway's the best of source, it's a hell of a lot more respectable than the likes of the Sun, Radio Clyde....

Martin O'Neil said yesterday that they are not looking to bring in anyone at the moment in time, and if they were, they would have to sell first.

Not seen anything on SSN, and although that is not alway's the best of source, it's a hell of a lot more respectable than the likes of the Sun, Radio Clyde....

boyd is a bosman, he wont cost anything and i think o'neill would wait till the summer no problems, o'neill never really gives much away in interviews

(tu)

boyd is a bosman, he wont cost anything and i think o'neill would wait till the summer no problems, o'neill never really gives much away in interviews

(tu)

If he wants him now, he would have to pay a fee.

If Boyd were to agree a pre-contract with any club, meaning he would leave for nothing on a free in the summer, then he can get himself to fuck!

(tu)

If Boyd were to agree a pre-contract with any club, meaning he would leave for nothing on a free in the summer, then he can get himself to fuck!

Im one of his biggest fans and seriously i would be very dissapointed in Kris if he walks away in the summer or now. He should sign carry on his good form and if he realy wants to go next season leave for a fee he is actually fucking worth

(tu)

then we completely agree

(tu)