Kris Boyd offered new contract

macka1990

I heard that a "pre-Contract" is not a legally binding agreement and even when signed the player can then choose to join another club or even stay with his current one.

Now to me, that seems nonsense as it would make these agreements useless & pointless.

Can anyone confirm this ... either way.

This is true.

Simon Grayson was talking about it just the other day.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just cruising about the forum and noticing all the people saying oh please Kris don't accept the extra 7k a week and stay with us.

Has it not occurred to some people that money may just not be the only issue here. Lets, for example, say that Aston Villa are interested, don't you think the main reason boyd will go is to:

play in the premiership

improve himself by training everyday with top quality players

get to play in the same team as Ashley Young, James Milner, Gabriel Agbonlahor, Carlos Cuellar ;) etc.

AND earn an extra few grand a week which he may as well take if their offering it eh

But...if he goes it'll just be "greedy moneygrabbin bassa" doh

I always wonder why our fans are so quick to believe quoteless rubbish from the tabliods, the worse the news the quicker people are to lap it up....

It is quite hard to ignore it though, I do tend to believe first before I know the whole story. I wish I had your composure.

Was he at the game last night yeh? Is there any proof?

not proof as such, but what else do we need, its pretty clear whats happening

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/58669,sport,...manchester-city

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/ho...illa-talks.html

I was expecting a picture there tbh.

fuck, i dont want to see any pictures of him down there, i dont want to believe he could be leaving :(

i dont think its helping the club, this dragging on

Just when you were asked for proof, I didn't expect 2 newspaper articles. No offence but everyone knew those articles or similar about Villa Park.

Anyway, as poster earlier said, he was only down their to give a talk about what its like to win trophies to folk at Villa (tu)

I always wonder why our fans are so quick to believe quoteless rubbish from the tabliods, the worse the news the quicker people are to lap it up....

It is quite hard to ignore it though, I do tend to believe first before I know the whole story. I wish I had your composure.

Wow, you're so positive!

Sky Sports are about as reliable as the sun and daily record at times, they can also be pretty damn good.

Again, until someone like Martin O'Neill, Alex McLeish, Walter Smith, Kris Boyd....speaks out, or he is seen in a different strip, then I will take it with a pinch of salt, and the same goes for any article by the likes of the sun, bbc, daily record, Sky Sports....

Far too many people moan like fuck about the rhags and gutter press, yet once a Rangers story comes up, get all up tight, and in a tangle, and start believing every word they say.

Those are just complete pish.

One article is merely quoting another which has no quotes, sources or credible evidence whatsoever!

And what the fuck is 'Full VIP treatment' anyway? did that specky cunt wax Boyd's nutsack and lick his ear during the game?

Slow news day or what?

Sky Sports are about as reliable as the sun and daily record at times, they can also be pretty damn good.

Again, until someone like Martin O'Neill, Alex McLeish, Walter Smith, Kris Boyd....speaks out, or he is seen in a different strip, then I will take it with a pinch of salt, and the same goes for any article by the likes of the sun, bbc, daily record, Sky Sports....

Far too many people moan like fuck about the rhags and gutter press, yet once a Rangers story comes up, get all up tight, and in a tangle, and start believing every word they say.

A 24 hr rolling sports news channel will report anything on a slow news day, including what was in the morning tabliods.......

Just cruising about the forum and noticing all the people saying oh please Kris don't accept the extra 7k a week and stay with us.

Has it not occurred to some people that money may just not be the only issue here. Lets, for example, say that Aston Villa are interested, don't you think the main reason boyd will go is to:

play in the premiership

improve himself by training everyday with top quality players

get to play in the same team as Ashley Young, James Milner, Gabriel Agbonlahor, Carlos Cuellar ;) etc.

AND earn an extra few grand a week which he may as well take if their offering it eh

But...if he goes it'll just be "greedy moneygrabbin bassa" doh

Carlos Cuellar is a big-toothed cunt.

Fuck that bastard.

Was he at the game last night yeh? Is there any proof?

not proof as such, but what else do we need, its pretty clear whats happening

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/58669,sport,...manchester-city

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/ho...illa-talks.html

I was expecting a picture there tbh.

fuck, i dont want to see any pictures of him down there, i dont want to believe he could be leaving :(

i dont think its helping the club, this dragging on

Just when you were asked for proof, I didn't expect 2 newspaper articles. No offence but everyone knew those articles or similar about Villa Park.

Anyway, as poster earlier said, he was only down their to give a talk about what its like to win trophies to folk at Villa (tu)

i think it was myself who started the topic and poll about the rHags, i dont read them, i dont buy them, i fuckin hate them (tu)

the lad asked me a question, (i got a text telling me about this before devlin had the story!), i never read in the press that he was down there, i googled those articles so's not to be ignorant to my fellow bear.

(tu)

i think it was myself who started the topic and poll about the rHags, i dont read them, i dont buy them, i fuckin hate them (tu)

the lad asked me a question, (i got a text telling me about this before devlin had the story!), i never read in the press that he was down there, i googled those articles so's not to be ignorant to my fellow bear.

(tu)

[

(tu)

One thing that we can't forget is that Boyd's agent Mark "ex-celtc" Donaghy is likely to be DESPERATE for Boydy to secure a move, he won't give a shit about any sentiment or Boyd's love for the club, and will be bending over backwards to Kris into the Premiership.

I'd expect Donaghy would set these meetings up and twist Boyd's arm to go - it doesnt mean Kris has set his heart on a move away.

Assuming there ever was a meeting that is. :rolleyes:

Boyd's agent will be working like mad to secure a move for him. He will be looking for his fee from any sale.

The ball is in Kris Boyd's court, he is the one holding all the cards.

his agent gets paid even if he stays at ibrox (tu)

But would he not get a certain % of any sale?

Boyd's agent will be working like mad to secure a move for him. He will be looking for his fee from any sale.

not normally that might come in if there was a transfer fee but bosmans the agent will receive a certain amount from his new club or his existing club if he stays

not normally that might come in if there was a transfer fee but bosmans the agent will receive a certain amount from his new club or his existing club if he stays

Fair enough (tu)

One thing that we can't forget is that Boyd's agent Mark "ex-celtc" Donaghy is likely to be DESPERATE for Boydy to secure a move, he won't give a shit about any sentiment or Boyd's love for the club, and will be bending over backwards to Kris into the Premiership.

I'd expect Donaghy would set these meetings up and twist Boyd's arm to go - it doesnt mean Kris has set his heart on a move away.

Assuming there ever was a meeting that is. :rolleyes:

He's at Rangers, he'll have guys like Ally McCoist, Ian Durrant, Walter Smith, Kenny Miller, Lee McCulloch, Steven Davis....all wanting him to stay. McCoist, Smith and Miller have already said so. I'm sure these guy's will have more pulling power than Mark Donaghy!

If he want's to stay, he'll sign a new deal, if he doesn't, then he will leave, and I doubt it will come down to his agent in the end. If he's in it for the money, then he's just another footballer who doesn't really give a shit about playing for the club he loves, and winning trophies, because both Birmingham and Aston Villa will do fuck all in the league, domestic cups and in Europe, and the way those two sides set up, he'll probably spent the majority of time on the bench!

You could'nt really blame Boyd for leaving hes won everything he can with Rangers and walter never lets him play in any of our european games or hardly featured against the scum.

Also only getting about 10 mins in a european final the one and probably only chance of playing in his career could also be in he back of his mind when some other team offers him double the salary

Would love for him to stay one of his biggest fans but i think hes about to make the wrong choice and leave us

You could'nt really blame Boyd for leaving hes won everything he can with Rangers and walter never lets him play in any of our european games or hardly featured against the scum.

I don't think that's really a relevant arguement anymore because Boyd has started four of our last five games against Celtic.

Why has it took so long for Kris Boyd to up his performances?

Was he playing for a move to England?

Did the penny finally drop?

Was he playing for a new contract?

Does it make people feel like some sort of football pundit when they type shitty questions like this on the internet??

One of the critisisms we heard about Barry BEFORE he left was that he had no ambition if he wanted to stay with Rangers, ditto Players like Paul McStay. Now I would hate for Boyd to leave but with the money on offer and a week in week out higher quality in the EPL you could see why he might decide to go. If he stays I will be estatic but if he leaves I will wish him well and hope he does exceptional at wherever he goes.

I hope Boyd stays and I personally can't see him leaving, only my opinion ofcourse. I think there will be plenty more of these stories reported regarding Boyds agent before the end of the transfer window. The more clubs that show interest and the more clubs his agent speaks to will also give more chance of Rangers trying to offer that little bit more in wages even if its only a glimmer of hope. His agent will try any way to squeeze that extra penny out.