Kris Boyd offered new contract

macka1990

nothing really new there, speculation and the likes, what does get me is the FACT none of us fans know exactly what is going on, its time we got the truth regarding the banks.

my other question is this, when walter came out after that game and said the banks were running the club, if this was any other club or business and the manager came out speaking against the grain, and remember they denied the bank had anything to do with running the club, why can a manager say this and get away scott free, summit aint right and the fact that nothing happened to walter tells me the banks are more involved, he cant get repremanded for telling the truth, and even at the gm how would you feel if you said that then attended a gm and it was all denied

I think you'll find Walter was 'Using the Media' in this instance, calling in favours from his media mates...you know the same media mates who never asked him any questions after the Unirea game. He's very good at using them when it suits his agenda.

that doesnt make sence, how can as you are making out, walter used those comments to distance the fact we were shit on the park, hence deflecting issues away from himself, he still made the comments about the bank whilst managing the club, his mates cant then stop anything happening in house can they. i dont understand how comments can be made like this if untrue and nothing ever more happens. hence why i believe there is more the fans need to be told

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nothing really new there, speculation and the likes, what does get me is the FACT none of us fans know exactly what is going on, its time we got the truth regarding the banks.

my other question is this, when walter came out after that game and said the banks were running the club, if this was any other club or business and the manager came out speaking against the grain, and remember they denied the bank had anything to do with running the club, why can a manager say this and get away scott free, summit aint right and the fact that nothing happened to walter tells me the banks are more involved, he cant get repremanded for telling the truth, and even at the gm how would you feel if you said that then attended a gm and it was all denied

I think you'll find Walter was 'Using the Media' in this instance, calling in favours from his media mates...you know the same media mates who never asked him any questions after the Unirea game. He's very good at using them when it suits his agenda.

that doesnt make sence, how can as you are making out, walter used those comments to distance the fact we were shit on the park, hence deflecting issues away from himself, he still made the comments about the bank whilst managing the club, his mates cant then stop anything happening in house can they. i dont understand how comments can be made like this if untrue and nothing ever more happens. hence why i believe there is more the fans need to be told

He knew what he was doing, this was the start of his campaign to get a new contract which he knows he WONT get if King comes in. It was the start of his campaign to use the Media to get him a new contract so that when King comes in he will get a big fat severance deal. Smith started the ball rolling and let his media pals continue his game to get him a contract. He is well aware that King has already sounded out other managers.

He knew what he was doing, this was the start of his campaign to get a new contract which he knows he WONT get if King comes in. It was the start of his campaign to use the Media to get him a new contract so that when King comes in he will get a big fat severance deal. Smith started the ball rolling and let his media pals continue his game to get him a contract. He is well aware that King has already sounded out other managers.

Why would he sound out managers when he doesnt have the cash nor the credentials to buy rangers?

It is amusing, I'm sure Bain would have known his maximum limits BEFORE any deal would be offered!

As if we would ffer a contract that we didn't know we could pay..... :lol:

We did sign players we couldnt afford to buy so why not offer contracts we cant afford to pay?

What would the point of this be ? When we did this we did this using our chairman to buy on credit, we know we have a specific budget agreed to next December which was announced at the AGM, why would they try to bust that agreement a month later ?

Why would he sound out managers when he doesnt have the cash nor the credentials to buy rangers?

How much cash does he have ?

It is amusing, I'm sure Bain would have known his maximum limits BEFORE any deal would be offered!

We did sign players we couldnt afford to buy so why not offer contracts we cant afford to pay?

What would the point of this be ? When we did this we did this using our chairman to buy on credit, we know have a specific budget agreed to next December which was announced at the AGM, why would they try to bust that agreement a month later ?

Can you provide me the evidence that shows we have an agreement until nest december?

We have an understanding with the bank and that understanding will be reviewed in the summer depending on league possition?

That is what the chairman said at the agm?

think your missing my point here, if true what you are saying which i doubt is true anyway, the club cant allow anyone to come out with negative comments for there own gain, based on the fact there were lies, he still lied, to you, me and all the fans, for his own gain, this is what your version insinuates. so i am leaning towards it was to get the ball rolling with the sale of the club not for his own gain. i cant imagine the club saying you say this so you get a nice wee contract or severance at the end of what is to happen. nah still a little bit confusing regarding this matter and i feel there is more to come, in a way yuo say he has used us and the club and the media for himself, pish

What would the point of this be ? When we did this we did this using our chairman to buy on credit, we know have a specific budget agreed to next December which was announced at the AGM, why would they try to bust that agreement a month later ?

Can you provide me the evidence that shows we have an agreement until nest december?

We have an understanding with the bank and that understanding will be reviewed in the summer depending on league possition?

That is what the chairman said at the agm?

Away and read the chairmans statement at the AGM...

As far as I know mate its in the region of £200 - 250 million! but bear in mind his immpending court case! not a lot?

Just say you don't know, i hate wasting time.....

Just going on his wiki page lol but at the same point rather than waste both our time, do you believe king has the finances! I dont!

I know what the chairman said and you are wrong

The process of reaching a resolution with respect to our bank’s credit facility involved two distinctly different business plans. One was promoted by Murray, and acceptable to Lloyds; the other was prepared by the Rangers board and senior management team. We had to present a sustainable business plan, which has been accepted.

“We have recently paid back £7 million [of debt] to the bank, and we have an agreement with the bank which extends to the end of 2010. I hope that Lloyds will continue to be collaborative and considerate in expediting a sale [of the club] that will allow Rangers to move forward as an independent organisation, with access to equity funding rather than debt, and thereby regain control of its own financial destiny.”

:sherlock:

You honestly believe that if he took over 01 february he wouldnt have already thought about the possibilty of a new manager, You have to be ready...he has sounded out other managers, Smith is well aware of this

think your missing my point here, if true what you are saying which i doubt is true anyway, the club cant allow anyone to come out with negative comments for there own gain, based on the fact there were lies, he still lied, to you, me and all the fans, for his own gain, this is what your version insinuates. so i am leaning towards it was to get the ball rolling with the sale of the club not for his own gain. i cant imagine the club saying you say this so you get a nice wee contract or severance at the end of what is to happen. nah still a little bit confusing regarding this matter and i feel there is more to come, in a way yuo say he has used us and the club and the media for himself, pish

Believe what you like mate, that's your choice...are you really niavie enought to belive that by Smith saying that it would get the ball rolling as to a sale of the club...Do you really think he has that power, Dave King sitting in his mansion reads his paper the next day and says gosh Smith says the bank is running Rangers I must enquire if they are for sale...and YOU said I was talking pish :)

So 'they' would prefer to lose a player that had a market value of over three million 12 months ago go for nothing all for the sake of 8 grand a week?

No wonder our banks have all gone tits up

Another rag believer :rolleyes:

I was merely commenting on the irony of the story I don't believe what they say good or bad

All paper in Scotland right utter pish about rangers just remember the back page story's we were waking up 2 on sunday morning about boyd wanting 20k pw boyd will sign on again. its just the papers trying 2 get the last bit of shite out about the story before the deal is completed

I am Wondering if its 18k pw he has been offered or is it somthing closer to 16k pw week i'll wait and see

I can't see anyone paying Boyd £50,000 a week. Maybe after a couple of years he could be on that but surely not at the start of his contract?

Trabzonspor were apparently offering him that, if you believe 3 or 4 tabloids.

theres yer problem right there!! doh

(tu)

never in rangers history has there been so much negativity surrounding our club with no one prepared to enlighten us or take on the media who know they can print any story about us without recourse. we have no leader , no pr,our supposed chairman is hiding somewhere in america . i really worry for the future of the club

my comments are based on my understanding that i dont know what is going on, i state that,but moving to the view he said what he did to get the ball rolling, ie, gettiing perspective buyers to get there fingers out if they are to do so, but you are the one insinuating walter has lied in order for his own personal gains, and the likes for a good severance etc. but you really believe even though king hasnt got the club and looks like he aint getting the club that he has thought out a manager already, i think there are alot of things to happen b4 he even gets to that stage, as you said, believe what you want but i aint being naive mate, im trying to find the logic in your argument that walter has lied to all of us for his own gain, yet in doing so he still has the blessing of our club, strange one. bottom line is he said what he said, no escaping it and it all seems forgotten by the top dawgs at the club, hence why i think there is more to it, you would imagine if the club were right and walter was lying he would have had to at least retract his statement instead of all the hush hush and different stories we read. there is more to it and the club should come clean, but on another level i aint too bothered as we are safe as a club and im convinced a buyer will be found, but we shouldnt really tarnish walters name by accusing him of lying to the fans just for his own gains, he is a rangers man and wants what is best for the club