Kris Boyd offered new contract

macka1990

So 'they' would prefer to lose a player that had a market value of over three million 12 months ago go for nothing all for the sake of 8 grand a week?

No wonder our banks have all gone tits up

Another rag believer :rolleyes:

I was merely commenting on the irony of the story I don't believe what they say good or bad

Sorry mate. Misunderstood you there (tu)

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else realise this...

http://www.kerrydalestreet.com/page/Donaghy,+Mark

Boydy's agent is a dyed in the wool septic man, ex celtic boys club and 1st team failure at the piggery. Neil Lennon's agent as well.

The thought of this parasite whispering in boyd's ear to get the big bucks move, lining his own pockets whilst in the process of f*cking us over, really sickens me. :angry:

Boydy's agent is a dyed in the wool septic man, ex celtic boys club and 1st team failure at the piggery. Neil Lennon's agent as well.

The thought of this parasite whispering in boyd's ear to get the big bucks move, lining his own pockets whilst in the process of f*cking us over, really sickens me. :angry:

a few of us already spoke about this last week on here, i just hope Boyd doesnt listen to him(not that the agent is telling him to move, but he still hasnt signed yet <cr> ) and signs on with us, then he can find a new agent for himself.

BBC linking Wigan with Boyd now.

Wigan are ready to join the race to sign Rangers striker Kris Boyd, BBC Scotland has learned.

Rangers' top-scorer's contract expires at the end of the season, and the Latics are likely to wait and see if the player becomes a free agent.

Birmingham and Middlesbrough have already expressed an interest in the 26-year-old forward.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/8447289.stm

BBC linking Wigan with Boyd now.

Wigan are ready to join the race to sign Rangers striker Kris Boyd, BBC Scotland has learned.

Rangers' top-scorer's contract expires at the end of the season, and the Latics are likely to wait and see if the player becomes a free agent.

Birmingham and Middlesbrough have already expressed an interest in the 26-year-old forward.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/8447289.stm

just gave that its own thread boab lolol

a few of us already spoke about this last week on here, i just hope Boyd doesnt listen to him(not that the agent is telling him to move, but he still hasnt signed yet <cr> ) and signs on with us, then he can find a new agent for himself.

Of course his agent would be telling him to move, turkeys don't vote for christmas, a big move means big pay day for Donaghy and what regard would a Tim have for whether or not Boyd's a Rangers hero or whether he loves to club or not?

Of course his agent would be telling him to move, turkeys don't vote for christmas, a big move means big pay day for Donaghy and what regard would a Tim have for whether or not Boyd's a Rangers hero or whether he loves to club or not?

im not disagreeing with you, we just have to wait and see what happens, the boy has already said he wants to end his career here.

he(agent) would be doing the T*******/his own mHob a huge favour and making himself more money in the process. thats obvious.

By ROGER HANNAH

Published: 15 Jan 2010

Add a comment Add a comment (0)

RANGERS' bumper contract offer to Kris Boyd WON'T be blocked by bank bosses.

Yet skint Gers ARE heading for a summer slashing of their £16million annual wage bill.

The champs have offered their 19-goal hitman a three-year deal worth £18,000-a-week.

They're also trying to tie down Nacho Novo, Kirk Broadfoot, Danny Wilson and John Fleck.

It had been claimed Lloyds Banking Group had still to sanction the mid-winter pay rises. But SunSport can reveal all offers remain in place as they fall within an agreed salary structure.

The daunting problems will come in the near future when Gers have to try and find the money to keep big earners like Kenny Miller and Steve Davis.

Rangers have a £30million overdraft facility with Lloyds after plunging £31m into debt last year.

It is understood chief executive Martin Bain has full control of all budgets within that facility.

Bain also oversees the salary budget and can sanction any contract offer as long as the overdraft conditions are not breached.

It is understood, though, that the wage bill is facing a £6m annual cut in the future to nearer £10m and that will have major implications.

The pay structure won't be broken by the new offers to five first-team stars.

Boyd, who's now facing six weeks out after hernia surgery in Manchester this week, could sign at any time.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/ho...dys-banker.html

By ROGER HANNAH

Published: 15 Jan 2010

Add a comment Add a comment (0)

RANGERS' bumper contract offer to Kris Boyd WON'T be blocked by bank bosses.

Yet skint Gers ARE heading for a summer slashing of their £16million annual wage bill.

The champs have offered their 19-goal hitman a three-year deal worth £18,000-a-week.

They're also trying to tie down Nacho Novo, Kirk Broadfoot, Danny Wilson and John Fleck.

It had been claimed Lloyds Banking Group had still to sanction the mid-winter pay rises. But SunSport can reveal all offers remain in place as they fall within an agreed salary structure.

The daunting problems will come in the near future when Gers have to try and find the money to keep big earners like Kenny Miller and Steve Davis.

Rangers have a £30million overdraft facility with Lloyds after plunging £31m into debt last year.

It is understood chief executive Martin Bain has full control of all budgets within that facility.

Bain also oversees the salary budget and can sanction any contract offer as long as the overdraft conditions are not breached.

It is understood, though, that the wage bill is facing a £6m annual cut in the future to nearer £10m and that will have major implications.

The pay structure won't be broken by the new offers to five first-team stars.

Boyd, who's now facing six weeks out after hernia surgery in Manchester this week, could sign at any time.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/ho...dys-banker.html

Boab you post a lot of this stuff so may remember, was it not this same paper that said the exact opposite yesterday to create this story....... :lol:

Walter Smith admits Kris Boyd's new contract offer is still subject to final approval if the striker agrees to remain at Rangers.

But the Ibrox boss stressed that does not necessarily mean the deal will be scuppered as a result of Lloyd Banking Group's involvement in the club's finances. Top goalscorer Boyd is one of a number of players out of contract this summer, with supporters desperate to see him pledge his future to the Scottish champions.

"It's not been ratified by Kris yet - that's the main thing," said Smith.

"The other aspect of it is something where you have to wait until you know whether you have something to take to someone or not.

"We haven't had a situation where we have had an agreement with Kris or his agent yet. The other aspect of it doesn't come into play until that happens.

"Martin Bain (chief executive) is more involved with the people who are running the club at the present moment than I am.

"I just know that he has to sit down and try to ascertain what level of money each of the players we are negotiating with at the present moment want. Then, in all probability, we would have to go back and see if that ties in.

"The situation is that we have a budget that we have to stay within. It's a complicated aspect at the present moment and it's not quite as black and white as saying if Kris Boyd, or anyone else, accepts a contract, that we have to go and get that ratified and they can turn it down.

"It's not as simple as that. That's the situation and we all have specific problems at the moment that we have to try and overcome.

"The offers have been made with a view to re-signing players. We have the capability of doing that."

So the bank may not have approved a deal yet we have "offered" a contract?

Couple that with the news that Wilson and Fleck did reject contract offers and all of a sudden the media arent so full of shit as some people say??? :rolleyes:

By ANDY DEVLIN

Published: 21 Jan 2010

KRIS BOYD has held talks with Aston Villa and Birmingham City as he ponders quitting Rangers.

The 26-year-old striker spent yesterday locked in talks with Villa gaffer Martin O'Neill.

Boyd also spoke to Alex McLeish before the City boss took his squad off to Malta on Monday.

Now the SPL's record goalscorer is considering all his options before he commits to the most important contract of his career.

A three-year deal worth £18,000-a-week is on the table at Ibrox.

Boyd, out of contract in the summer, was given the full VIP treatment before taking in Villa's Carling Cup semi-final second leg clash against Blackburn Rovers last night.

He's due back in Glasgow first thing this morning.

Ex-Celtic manager O'Neill is a long-time admirer of Boyd's and wants to secure the player's signature on a pre-contract agreement.

McLeish hasn't given up hope of landing Boyd either and could even make his move THIS month.

The former Gers boss - who has led City to eighth in the Premiership - is understood to be weighing up a £1.5million swoop.

Newcastle United and Middlesbrough also remain keen on Boyd, who broke Henrik Larsson's SPL goals record last month.

The player, however, won't be rushed into any decision. He's sidelined at the moment as he recovers following a hernia op.

Boyd isn't expected to return to first-team action until mid-February.

By that time he hopes to have his future in football resolved.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/ho...illa-talks.html

By ANDY DEVLIN

Published: 21 Jan 2010

Kris Boyd has held talks with Aston Villa and Birmingham City as he ponders quitting Rangers.

The 26-year-old striker spent yesterday locked in talks with Villa gaffer Martin O'Neill.

Boyd also spoke to Alex McLeish before the City boss took his squad off to Malta on Monday.

Now the SPL's record goalscorer is considering all his options before he commits to the most important contract of his career.

A three-year deal worth £18,000-a-week is on the table at Ibrox.

Boyd, out of contract in the summer, was given the full VIP treatment before taking in Villa's Carling Cup semi-final second leg clash against Blackburn Rovers last night.

He's due back in Glasgow first thing this morning.

Ex-Celtic manager O'Neill is a long-time admirer of Boyd's and wants to secure the player's signature on a pre-contract agreement.

McLeish hasn't given up hope of landing Boyd either and could even make his move this month.

The former Gers boss - who has led City to eighth in the Premiership - is understood to be weighing up a £1.5million swoop.

Newcastle United and Middlesbrough also remain keen on Boyd, who broke Henrik Larsson's SPL goals record last month.

The player, however, won't be rushed into any decision. He's sidelined at the moment as he recovers following a hernia op.

Boyd isn't expected to return to first-team action until mid-February.

By that time he hopes to have his future in football resolved.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/ho...illa-talks.html

Lets just wait and see.

i posted on the burnley thread earlier i had a text around 7pm telling me he had signed for them

fuck i hope not

i heard the pundits talking about villas strikers before the game and thought to myself, they could go for boyd, didnt think it would actually happen

oh god no

:mecha-anguish: