Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

allistera

Updated Editor

Okay, so I have installed the FCKeditor extension onto Rangerspedia.

When editing any article you will see two new links: [Rich editor] [Open Rich editor in new window] at the top.

This gives you a WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) view, just like Microsoft Office so you no longer need to worry about code.

This will help with the Career statistics on players pages mainly, no long need to try and figure out how to make a table using wiki code.

I have edited the players profile template to include a blank Career statistics table. I have also added a "Career statistics" template to for previous players articles.

You will need to paste this code in "Wikitext" mode, and then disable it to go into WYSIWYG mode.

And finely a sandbox for those who want to test things out: http://www.rangerspedia.org/index.php/Sandbox

Let me know if it helps, or any questions.

That is brilliant mate :praise:

Can we change it to just Rangers statistics by removing the Club coloumn, and put Euro, Minor Competitions and Friendlies instead of Other? Had a go at doing it but didn't know how to put extra lines in for the new coloumns.

shame the table doesn't come out like an excel work book as it would be easy to update all the stats each match.

So a column for: League Cup League Cup European Other?

It gets complicated with if we have anymore than that. The only thing with having minor competitions and friendlies in the same column as Other, is that it mixes up competitive games with non competitive (friendlies). <cr> Means the stats will be for all games, is that what we want or do we have separate for Minor Comps and Friendlies as well so that people can just subtract the friendlies from total to get the total competitive games?

Know what I mean? :lol:

Will we go for League | Cup| League Cup | European | Minor Comps | Friendlies? We have all the stats in The Complete Record spreadsheet.

Will we go for League | Cup| League Cup | European | Minor Comps | Friendlies? We have all the stats in The Complete Record spreadsheet.

(tu)

Ok I get you now :lol:

Thats it now allistera. Thats some job you have done here, well down mate :clap:

It's class isn't it. :praise: Really steps the whole thing up a notch. I'm using that template and just deleting a column depending on the era. Like modern day players don't need a Minor column, Euro competitions didn't start till the 50s, players before WW2 don't need a League Cup and some of the oldest ones don't need Euro, League Cup or even a League column. :lol: