Golf

kplfishtank

I think I've finally sorted out my driving.

A longer tee, a new glove, and a slight bending of the knees, and instead of erratically slicing/hooking/hitting straight, I'm now hitting fairly consistent and quite long. That's 3 rounds I've did since I made the changes and haven't hooked/sliced significantly yet, only times I've missed the fairways has been down to bad aim rather than bad shot.

This has made golf so much more enjoyable, and will hopefully regularly see me consistently hit scores in the 80's.

what course you playing ?

got my tickets through today for the scottish senior open and johnnie walker championship

goin to try and get to the saturday and sunday of the johnnie walker

doubt ill get time off work to attend the seniors,, might try and punt them on ebay or something

I'm after a bit of advice and I hope you guys can help. I am keen to take up golf. I have a few clubs and have had a few swings in the garden and local fields with embarrassing results. I cant seem to hit the ball!! The most fequent fail is hitting the ground a few inches before the ball and ending up with sore wrists.

I know its expecting a bit much when you haven't watched me but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm after a bit of advice and I hope you guys can help. I am keen to take up golf. I have a few clubs and have had a few swings in the garden and local fields with embarrassing results. I cant seem to hit the ball!! The most fequent fail is hitting the ground a few inches before the ball and ending up with sore wrists.

I know its expecting a bit much when you haven't watched me but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Muff is your man he tells folk what to do for a living

You are not keeping your eye on the ball. You need to keep your eye on the ball until you hit it. Your head will come up naturally

Right here's what to do;

Keep your eye on the ball,

Keep your head down,

Keep your chin up,

Keep your left arm straight,

Keep your feet shoulder width apart (for long shots),

Rotate your hips

Turn your shoulders,

allow your wrists to cock naturally,

tuck you right elbow in,

your backswing should be approximatley 1/3 speed of your downswing,

Don;t let your right knee straighten,

Give yourself plenty of room to hit the ball

50/50 balance on your mid irons,

60/40 Left/right balance on driver and 3 wood,

seriously good luck mate, there are so many experts out there that offer different advice, get yourself a professional or a really good amateur (Muff for example) to get the basics.

alternatively just go to the pub and get pissed.

playing in a wee three man team comp today, should be fun

then playing east renfrewshire tmro on a wee freebie :D

Is T.M. going with you?

aye mate just replied to my text, hope hes not in my team or he might not speak to us again after another gubbing :D

Started getting into golf quite heavily over the past month or so, played about five times.

I shot 108 on my last round, which is shite for you lot but a huge improvement for me.

I need some new gear though - where's the best places to buy?

Started getting into golf quite heavily over the past month or so, played about five times.

I shot 108 on my last round, which is shite for you lot but a huge improvement for me.

You need to be playing golf a lot, practise a lot to get up to any sort of standard. The best way someone like yourself should play is aim for breaking 100, then 90, 80 etc. Once you are hitting the 80 mark, i always feel that will tell how natural you are to the game. Some people practise all day every day and will never get under a 9 handicap yet they seem to think they have a god given right to be off scratch because they practise a lot. You need natural ability to get down to low single figures.

I wouldn't have a clue where to get cheap gear now, but would guess online?

directgolf.co.uk or onlinegolf.co.uk are 2 sites ive bought off

directgolf.co.uk or onlinegolf.co.uk are 2 sites ive bought off

(tu)