Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
kplfishtank

Golf

Recommended Posts


Played Dumbarnie today, unbelievable course considering it is brand new and still bedding in. Played Old Course yesterday and loved it too.

Ailsa tomorrow, looks like its going to be a roaster.

 

dummiesoot likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Dan Deacon said:

@Brian Fantana what you thinking here mate? Return of the spazz?

Why are you insulting me? 

23 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Hmmm, could be mate, definitely one for the watching......

For the watching? 

Not quite sure what these posts are meant to mean. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He's insinuating you're someone else

I got that part from the “return of the spazz” post.

Just no idea why I was being insulted. Not to worry. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RFC RYAN said:

My short game is so shite on medal day anyone any tips feels good in bounce games. 

Must admit though I have my ups and downs with short game, I started watching Speith who generally (or certainly used to) take plenty of very fast practise swings to get into that not quitting mindset. I started doing that and it my chipping etc has come on leaps and bounds as I rarely chunk them now due deceleration. 

Your technique still has to be sound-ish of course

RFC RYAN likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

Must admit though I have my ups and downs with short game, I started watching Speith who generally (or certainly used to) take plenty of very fast practise swings to get into that not quitting mindset. I started doing that and it my chipping etc has come on leaps and bounds as I rarely chunk them now due deceleration. 

Your technique still has to be sound-ish of course

See when I play bounce games I don't even think about it but it's a different story in medal days will give that a go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RFC RYAN said:

See when I play bounce games I don't even think about it but it's a different story in medal days will give that a go. 

I actually find it eases any tension I have, the mistakes I do make are down to poor technique

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kplfishtank said:

Played the dukes yesterday, greens were shite and not what I was expecting. Not worth the money guys for anyone thinking of going. 

I played that when you got a voucher for the bunkered magazine a few years back it was there and Turnberry the Kintyre(changed names now). Honestly thought if it didn't have St Andrews in the name not many would go near it thought it was dreadful fairways were soaking and it was in the middle of a decent summer and the greens were how I would expect greens to be January. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kplfishtank said:

Played the dukes yesterday, greens were shite and not what I was expecting. Not worth the money guys for anyone thinking of going. 

Played last year too and didn't enjoy it. Was very wet and some poor holes.

RFC RYAN likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Anyone here played Windyhill, Balmore or Hilton Park? Any recommendations?

Hilton Park better than Windyhill imo with the latter having more side hill lies, still good though.. Big course that is. Balmore is short and meant to be tricky but not played it to comment further. I would recommend Milngavie a tough track deep rough but a good challenge

Mr Soprano likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Hilton Park better than Windyhill imo with the latter having more side hill lies, still good though.. Big course that is. Balmore is short and meant to be tricky but not played it to comment further. I would recommend Milngavie a tough track deep rough but a good challenge

Thanks mate.

Think HP might be the winner then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...