Golf

kplfishtank

Nett 81 today :lol: 

Was 3 over scratch on the 6th tee then 10 over on the 10th tee and just fell apart. Found my problem my mate I got paired with today noticed it. When I get to the top of the swing my arms are going way before my hips just before I make contact that's when my hips are going if that makes sense so frustrating. 

17 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Nett 81 today :lol: 

Was 3 over scratch on the 6th tee then 10 over on the 10th tee and just fell apart. Found my problem my mate I got paired with today noticed it. When I get to the top of the swing my arms are going way before my hips just before I make contact that's when my hips are going if that makes sense so frustrating. 

Did you try your change of technique? 

22 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Love Barrassie it's a tremendous course. Last time i played it the qualifying had just been there for Troon. Jealous. 

Well only got 14 holes played there was a party of French 3 fourballs, 4 hours for 14 holes, in shite conditions,  we all decided to pack our outing in at 14. 

Thr course is brilliant as well.

1 hour ago, dummiesoot said:

Well only got 14 holes played there was a party of French 3 fourballs, 4 hours for 14 holes, in shite conditions,  we all decided to pack our outing in at 14. 

Thr course is brilliant as well.

That's a shame mate. Nothing worse though than playing stop start golf n just waiting about.

It is a pretty special course. One of my favourites too.

US Open starting next week.

Who is everyone fancying?

Big Dustin hasn't been in full flow since his return, Mcilroy is missing too much golf too.

For no reason other than I drew him in the sweep at the golf, I am going to bet Speith n try to double up the winnings.

As usual will go with various outsiders at high odds. Could really go to anyone.

If Adam Scott can get his putter going though he'll have a shot. Had some solid form of late.

Will make my final bets on Tuesday or Wednesday though.

Rafa still got an outside chance tonight although Berger looks good.

47 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Fancy cabrero-bello as an outsider, DJ for the win. If Noren is playing a bet on him also

Yeah Noren is in the field. Playing well again too.

The course is very long and firm. 4 par 5s over 600 yards so length will help if you can keep it straight.

US Amateur was at Erin Hills in 2011. Kelly Kraft won but he's not in the field. Spieth, Koepka, Henley and English all competed though so could be some value in them.

9 hours ago, RFC RYAN said:

Club championship next weekend will be going for the handicap one so hope I hit my first score of the season. 

Same here mate. Ours is matchplay. Semi final and hopefully the final in the same day. 

I've picked a few that I fine value on the exchanges:

Branden Grace 50 - solid US Open player; good all round.

Martin Kaymer 110 - champ at Pinehurst; not the best of form lately but dangerous and his attempt at Augusta was noteworthy given his previous goes there.

Billy Horschel 110 - a man on form at present, 1st at the Byron Nelson and good showing yesterday at Southwind.

Lee Westwood 140 - solid major contender; no thrills and doesn't try anything too fancy so should suit here.

Bill Haas 280 - just too big a price for a former FedEx Cup champ at his age.

Zach Johnson 310 - no noteworthy form recently bit can plot around a course and a lethal putter on song.

Haotong Li 560 - some solid form on q European Tour and capable of a lot more Imo; worth a few bob at the price.

Martin Laird 610 - the course definately had some links characteristics so feel obliged to back a Brit at a fancy price, Laird has some form to note in the last year and can go well.

I like a few others including Rose, Schwartzel and Furyk at the odds but these are my main men.

they have the fairway, then they have 5 yards of semi rough before they are in the heavy stuff.  Just keep in on the fairway chaps and stop fucking moaning.

The issue is these guys dont like to be made to look foolish and if they are in that heavy stuff and trying to get out, then they can be made to look foolish and with it bein 7740 yards they cant drop down to irons off the tee

More golf courses should be like that! I get a bit pissed off that pros get to spray it anywhere, never lose a ball and always get a decent lie. Most of the courses I've played in Scotland are like a US Open course where you are penalised if you hit a poor shot.

4 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

Be prepared for some of the longest rounds of golf ever with that rough.

Suggestions 3 balls COULD take up to 6 fucking hours due to all factors taken into account ie the property, the course, the weather, the event, and of course just slow fucking players. I'd put them all on the clock from the first tee. 

Ironically Kevin Na is one of the slowest on tour! Some two balls easily take 4 to 4 and a half hours. Pretty ridiculous!

47 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Suggestions 3 balls COULD take up to 6 fucking hours due to all factors taken into account ie the property, the course, the weather, the event, and of course just slow fucking players. I'd put them all on the clock from the first tee. 

Ironically Kevin Na is one of the slowest on tour! Some two balls easily take 4 to 4 and a half hours. Pretty ridiculous!

We are, as amateurs, getting emails from our clubs to take time off each hole, golf ready and pros seem to be getting slower it is a joke and they will turn off the viewing public with this shit. I am all for testing players,  but all they do is lengthen courses, making golf even slower. Just put all the trouble at 300 yards and leave everyone with mid irons and longer to the greens. OK we all want to see booming drives but it doesn't need to be every hole.