Golf

kplfishtank

6 hours ago, cushynumber said:

I've got to ask. Is there actually an RM golf society? That actually goes and plays places?

I organised a few days out many years back. We played at Brunston Castle and also at Lochmaben.

maybe it's something we should look at again but with members from all over it wouldn't be easy to pick a course 

4 hours ago, ShanksRFC said:

Got my first handicap of 16 about a month ago. Struggling to get a cut at the moment despite playing pretty decent. Always seem to have a few bad holes which totally fucks the card!

even with a few bad holes you can still get cut. A nine at a par 4 for example is only classed as a 6 for handicap purposes - a 7 if you were stroking at that hole

11 hours ago, kplfishtank said:

I organised a few days out many years back. We played at Brunston Castle and also at Lochmaben.

maybe it's something we should look at again but with members from all over it wouldn't be easy to pick a course 

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

even with a few bad holes you can still get cut. A nine at a par 4 for example is only classed as a 6 for handicap purposes - a 7 if you were stroking at that hole

Think we now have a committee formed. Well played gents!! 

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

fowler -6 through 11. looks like it isnt much of a challenge.....as long as you keep out the heavy stuff. And with the size of the fairways you deserve all you get if you miss them.

He is playing some golf.

Amazing that they class this as a public course. Think of that in comparison to some of the public courses over here ???