kplfishtank

Rangersmedia Golf Society

2,658 posts in this topic

Played the sweep this morning. Playing skins I won the last three holes in my group and still never won the pot :lol:

Got fucking drenched on the 6th and 7th. Was close to walking off. Worst rain I've played in. Thankfully didn't last long. 

Horrible round today, pull hooked shots, never out of bunkers for the first few holes. Just shite, glad I am going on. Holiday to forget about shite golf. Loads of folk packing it in and walking off the course today might be a noncounter 

The conditions earlier at the Scottish open looked horrendous 

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

The conditions earlier at the Scottish open looked horrendous 

Aye, true Scottish links golf!!

Funnily enough, I like playing in the wild conditions.

Never played so bad in my life the first 8 holes today NR'd at the 9th. Played on and got it going had a 41 back 9 not the best but compared to the front 9 will take it. 

Nice morning for the scramble....

IMG_0894.JPG

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Nice morning for the scramble....

IMG_0894.JPG

Guy a played with yesterday played a open at Lanark last Wednesday a think he said must have been a seniors ? Anyway said the course was in excellent nick and the greens were like putting on glass. 

Got a fitting this wednesday to see what shafts etc.. are best for my game. Going to get new irons probably 2nd hand, can't really justify new irons until my handycap comes down and i've played for longer

Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, lewislaudrup said:

Got a fitting this wednesday to see what shafts etc.. are best for my game. Going to get new irons probably 2nd hand, can't really justify new irons until my handycap comes down and i've played for longer

Recommend golfclubs4cash.co.uk for second hand irons. If you're around the Edinburgh area go in to their shop. Amazing set up and really reasonable prices. You can trade in your current irons against the cost of your new ones. 

Edited by LiviGer

59.4 today and nowhere near competing.

Myst admit I was dug shite today!!!

I've now developed the opposite of a shank as I try to over correct. 

Its going to be a long week on the practice range....

11 hours ago, cushynumber said:

I've now developed the opposite of a shank as I try to over correct. 

Its going to be a long week on the practice range....

Let old butch help you cushy 👍

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, LiviGer said:

Recommend golfclubs4cash.co.uk for second hand irons. If you're around the Edinburgh area go in to their shop. Amazing set up and really reasonable prices. You can trade in your current irons against the cost of your new ones. 

Im sure ive seen them on ebay. Never knew they had a shop. Will look out for that cheers.

1 person likes this

Game the night then a game tomorrow and then Cyprus early hours of Wednesday morning for 3 days (thanks Rangers!) will cancel my time of Saturday as going to the game now. 

Played a memorial yesterday. Don't think I even scored 20 points but got longest drive and closest to the pin on one of the 3 par 3s. Guy got a hole in one on the first one.

On 7/15/2017 at 0:39 PM, LiviGer said:

Played the sweep this morning. Playing skins I won the last three holes in my group and still never won the pot :lol:

Got fucking drenched on the 6th and 7th. Was close to walking off. Worst rain I've played in. Thankfully didn't last long. 

What course do you play at mate?

I've just started going to Oatridge, just outside Broxburn, it's not the best but it's enjoyable enough

2 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

What course do you play at mate?

I've just started going to Oatridge, just outside Broxburn, it's not the best but it's enjoyable enough

I play at castle park in East Lothian mate. Moved away from livi last year. 

Oatridge is good mate. Played there a few  times. Always in good nick because the green keepers do their apprenticeships there. 

Shot 88 yesterday at Thornton and was quite pleased . If it wasn't for the drop in concentration on 4 holes could of shot 80 . 

Played tonight and the weather was perfect cracking night for it. My golf was very decent as well was striking the ball really well. 

1 person likes this

15 minutes ago, lewislaudrup said:

Playing tomo in kirkcaldy. Hope the sun is out.

To be a scorcher a think. 

17 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

To be a scorcher a think. 

Quality. Just fuck the day up with playing golf now

Just now, lewislaudrup said:

Quality. Just fuck the day up with playing golf now

Well it has to be in Motherwell and it's never sunny here. 

Back to basics. Took on some of Butchs advice and it was far better. I think over the course of the season, my stance has got more closed and as a result I have eventually lost the plot.  I made a concerted effort to open my stance and things were much better and felt less forced. Still some work to do, but happier.

17 hours ago, cushynumber said:

Back to basics. Took on some of Butchs advice and it was far better. I think over the course of the season, my stance has got more closed and as a result I have eventually lost the plot.  I made a concerted effort to open my stance and things were much better and felt less forced. Still some work to do, but happier.

You're welcome mate 😂

1 person likes this