Golf

kplfishtank

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

Fucking yaaaaaas . 6&5 trouncing of the opposition.  played like a golfing god that had a good day. Didn't even  have to dig deep cause the opposition were struggling to mount a challenge.  I can go on my hols a happy man. 

Ha ha @kplfishtank

On 14/06/2017 at 9:55 PM, LiviGer said:

18 points in the 9 hole stableford medal for me tonight, playing to handicap. No where near good enough to win a medal though. 

Is it Bathgate you play mate ? 

Think you mentioned but no sure. 

Me and the old man played Bathgate today cracking track in a day like today greens are so pure it's unreal. 

I had a nett 74 a think it was had one bad hole at the 10th creamed my drive had 71 into the pin and it rolled up the hill at the back then thinned the next. My dad at the 8th (?) par 3 hit it towards the wrong green (10th a think) he had his laser range finder and said it was 158 I had mine saying 123 so I asked for a shot of his and it said 124 he said no idea how a had 158 ? He was ponting the scope at the 10th then hit his shot towards there I was pissing myself laughing at him ??

1 hour ago, RFC RYAN said:

Is it Bathgate you play mate ? 

Think you mentioned but no sure. 

Me and the old man played Bathgate today cracking track in a day like today greens are so pure it's unreal. 

I had a nett 74 a think it was had one bad hole at the 10th creamed my drive had 71 into the pin and it rolled up the hill at the back then thinned the next. My dad at the 8th (?) par 3 hit it towards the wrong green (10th a think) he had his laser range finder and said it was 158 I had mine saying 123 so I asked for a shot of his and it said 124 he said no idea how a had 158 ? He was ponting the scope at the 10th then hit his shot towards there I was pissing myself laughing at him ??

Nah mate. I play at castle park in East Lothian. Moved away from livi last year. 

Ive never played bathgate. Would like to play it. Used to play Deer Park when I was in livi. 

Murder when you do that! I done it at the Dalmahoy with my mate a few weeks ago. Teed off and I checked my watch. Said I was 240 to the pin and I was standing next to a 100 yard marker ?

10 hours ago, LiviGer said:

Playing Machrihanish Dunes next weekend. Anyone played it? Heard good things about it, only negative I've heard is that its not as good as the other course in Machrihanish. 

True it's not as good as my home course but few are. It's a long track with long walks between green and tees.

The undulating greens are fun but difficult and I'm told yesterday they are smooth and rolling well. 

You have to pay for a buggy driver as you can't drive them due to SSI.

Spectacular views of Islay and Jura and Rathlin. 

Is it a freebie from a golf magazine as hardly anyone pays to play it. They give rounds away to fill the hotels. 

18 minutes ago, Iandoc1975 said:

True it's not as good as my home course but few are. It's a long track with long walks between green and tees.

The undulating greens are fun but difficult and I'm told yesterday they are smooth and rolling well. 

You have to pay for a buggy driver as you can't drive them due to SSI.

Spectacular views of Islay and Jura and Rathlin. 

Is it a freebie from a golf magazine as hardly anyone pays to play it. They give rounds away to fill the hotels. 

Been looking in to it a lot more recently and only noticed the greens. They look a good laugh :lol:

We will just walk it. Plenty of time to play the course anyway. Staying in Machrihanish for the weekend. 

It was aye, we got it from Bunkered. Still looking forward to it. Love a bit of links golf. 

I read the clubhouse at the dunes isn't up to much. Is there a decent clubhouse at the other course we could have a few pints at on the Friday or are we better going in to Campbeltown?

18 minutes ago, LiviGer said:

Been looking in to it a lot more recently and only noticed the greens. They look a good laugh :lol:

We will just walk it. Plenty of time to play the course anyway. Staying in Machrihanish for the weekend. 

It was aye, we got it from Bunkered. Still looking forward to it. Love a bit of links golf. 

I read the clubhouse at the dunes isn't up to much. Is there a decent clubhouse at the other course we could have a few pints at on the Friday or are we better going in to Campbeltown?

If yer staying the weekend then town is best. £15 a taxi back to machrihanish. 

10 good pubs in the tiny wee toon we have so loads of choice. When are you lads down?

Just now, Iandoc1975 said:

If yer staying the weekend then town is best. £15 a taxi back to machrihanish. 

10 good pubs in the tiny wee toon we have so loads of choice. When are you lads down?

Don't think it will be too silly on the Friday night. Teeing off at 8.30 on the Saturday. Don't want to ruin it by being rough. 

Next Friday to Sunday mate. 

4 minutes ago, LiviGer said:

Don't think it will be too silly on the Friday night. Teeing off at 8.30 on the Saturday. Don't want to ruin it by being rough. 

Next Friday to Sunday mate. 

If yer staying in machrihanish then they have a pub called the old Clubhouse (Tom Morris used to sit in the bay window) and the machrihanish golf clubhouse too. The Dunes mini bus will drop you off at the course. Either Nick or Big Jock (good H**) will drive. They will pick you up too and will up to midnight shuttle you into town between the 2 hotels. So on Saturday night get into town and get bevvied. Black Sheep, Burnside, Commercial, Feathers then Whisky Macs. 

9 hours ago, Iandoc1975 said:

If yer staying in machrihanish then they have a pub called the old Clubhouse (Tom Morris used to sit in the bay window) and the machrihanish golf clubhouse too. The Dunes mini bus will drop you off at the course. Either Nick or Big Jock (good H**) will drive. They will pick you up too and will up to midnight shuttle you into town between the 2 hotels. So on Saturday night get into town and get bevvied. Black Sheep, Burnside, Commercial, Feathers then Whisky Macs. 

Good man. Cheers for that :tu:

5 hours ago, lewislaudrup said:

Been invited to play the eden course at st andrews next saturday. Anyone played it before?

Yes, cracking course for the money. 

Only negative is a few holes around a pond feel totally out of sync with the rest of the course, more parkland than links but other than that I really enjoyed it.

Played the open at Kilsyth Lennox today. No bad course long walk and the wind was crazy. Got a 2 then found out at the end there was no 2s drove the ball really well best in a while a couple holes over 500 into the wind. My irons and chipping were terrible all day.

Game at wishaw next Saturday as half the field play at my course and half play Wishaw.