Golf

kplfishtank

17 hours ago, cushynumber said:

just back from hols and went up to the practice range - came home and about to head up  for 18. I felt like  I hadnt held a club in ages and it was only 2 weeks.

Its like driving, you come back your holidays and feel like you could go a wee refresher lesson just to get the brain working again!!

1 minute ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Anyone played the taylormade tp5x ball?

I am usually a prov1x man but hearing great things about this ball and tempted to give it a try and see.

One of my mates just started using them and loves them. He lost one the other night and spent about 10 minutes looking for it because he doesn't want to lose any of them :lol:

Just now, LiviGer said:

One of my mates just started using them and loves them. He lost one the other night and spent about 10 minutes looking for it because he doesn't want to lose any of them :lol:

:rofl:

Our head pro was telling me that in his opinion it is the first ball to truly rival the pro v 1.

He said that the callaway and srixon balls are good but feels there is something about the taylormade ball.

Might buy a sleeve and see what I think.

2 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

:rofl:

Our head pro was telling me that in his opinion it is the first ball to truly rival the pro v 1.

He said that the callaway and srixon balls are good but feels there is something about the taylormade ball.

Might buy a sleeve and see what I think.

Sure he said they are about a fiver a ball?

I've started using the Srixon Z stars, really like them.

11 minutes ago, LiviGer said:

Sure he said they are about a fiver a ball?

I've started using the Srixon Z stars, really like them.

Yeah I like the z star x ball too.

Its strange, I love the z star x for putting and chipping, but prefer the prov1x off the tee and longer shots.

Bet all these balls are exactly the same and the manufacturing companies have a great laugh at clowns like me thinking one is better than the other in certain areas.

25 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Yeah I like the z star x ball too.

Its strange, I love the z star x for putting and chipping, but prefer the prov1x off the tee and longer shots.

Bet all these balls are exactly the same and the manufacturing companies have a great laugh at clowns like me thinking one is better than the other in certain areas.

Im the opposite :lol: I hate Pro Vs off the tee!

You ever looked at vice balls? Another guy at my club swears by them. 

11 minutes ago, LiviGer said:

Im the opposite :lol: I hate Pro Vs off the tee!

You ever looked at vice balls? Another guy at my club swears by them. 

Ha, see its just personal preference isn't it.

I've seen them, but never tried them.

Same with these volvik balls that Bubba plays now, never tried them either.

Ha, see its just personal preference isn't it.

I've seen them, but never tried them.

Same with these volvik balls that Bubba plays now, never tried them either.

Aye big time, its whatever suits your swing.

Think I will stick with the Z stars for a while. Let us know how you get on with the TP5s

Just now, LiviGer said:

Aye big time, its whatever suits your swing.

Think I will stick with the Z stars for a while. Let us know how you get on with the TP5s

Yeah I am going to give them a try.

Got a texas scramble next sunday so might use them in that as it doesn't really matter too much.

Plus I will be half cut playing so will just forget its a new ball :dance:

Yeah I am going to give them a try.

Got a texas scramble next sunday so might use them in that as it doesn't really matter too much.

Plus I will be half cut playing so will just forget its a new ball :dance:

Talking about a texas scramble, have you entered the Golf Scotland one for a chance to win a trip to the masters? They have an event at my home course on the 12th of August I think. Looking forward to playing in that.

1 minute ago, LiviGer said:

Talking about a texas scramble, have you entered the Golf Scotland one for a chance to win a trip to the masters? They have an event at my home course on the 12th of August I think. Looking forward to playing in that.

No I've never seen it. Where can you find information out about it?

6 minutes ago, LiviGer said:

Gutted, no point in entering as the final on the 30th September is when I am away in Spain golfing with the boys.

Can you tell I am looking that far ahead.........:whistle:

Take it this is an annual thing?

Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Gutted, no point in entering as the final on the 30th September is when I am away in Spain golfing with the boys.

Can you tell I am looking that far ahead.........:whistle:

Take it this is an annual thing?

Really?! Thats the day after I get back from the Dominican, I will be knackered. Still going to enter :lol:

As far as i'm aware mate, I know it ran last year so would assume so.

3 minutes ago, LiviGer said:

Really?! Thats the day after I get back from the Dominican, I will be knackered. Still going to enter :lol:

As far as i'm aware mate, I know it ran last year so would assume so.

Looks like a great opportunity and for £15 a head.

We used to play in loads, I've got two mates who played with Scotland, they are quality so you have got a wee chance.

Always going to get a team though with a 10 handicapper, who used to play off 1 (Wait, that's me :whistle:)

Looks like a great opportunity and for £15 a head.

We used to play in loads, I've got two mates who played with Scotland, they are quality so you have got a wee chance.

Always going to get a team though with a 10 handicapper, who used to play off 1 (Wait, that's me :whistle:)

Bandit!! :lol::lol:

3 minutes ago, LiviGer said:

Bandit!! :lol::lol:

Total bandit!!!

If I can just get this hip lift thing sorted I know I will be back down to 5 or 6 in no time.

Playing this scramble on Sunday with my two mates who played for Scotland, me and my mate who plays off 13.

He is off 13 but only ever plays 3 or 4 medals a year because he travels with work. My guess would be he should be off around 7 lol. He hits the ball further than any of the other 3.

The shark fins are out!!

11 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Total bandit!!!

If I can just get this hip lift thing sorted I know I will be back down to 5 or 6 in no time.

Playing this scramble on Sunday with my two mates who played for Scotland, me and my mate who plays off 13.

He is off 13 but only ever plays 3 or 4 medals a year because he travels with work. My guess would be he should be off around 7 lol. He hits the ball further than any of the other 3.

The shark fins are out!!

Enjoy mate! Any decent prizes?

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Anyone played the taylormade tp5x ball?

I am usually a prov1x man but hearing great things about this ball and tempted to give it a try and see.

Haven't tried it myself but heard that and the normal TP5 just go in the wind. 

Which in a country like ours could prove priceless. 

1 minute ago, LiviGer said:

Enjoy mate! Any decent prizes?

This is just the club one we are playing in.

They run it on the Sunday before fair Monday as a social thing, 9am shotgun start.

£10 a head and you get a 1 course meal afterwards with tea/coffee etc.

A lot of the time it falls on Open Sunday, so the clubhouse stays full with people drinking n watching the last day of the golf.

Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

This is just the club one we are playing in.

They run it on the Sunday before fair Monday as a social thing, 9am shotgun start.

£10 a head and you get a 1 course meal afterwards with tea/coffee etc.

A lot of the time it falls on Open Sunday, so the clubhouse stays full with people drinking n watching the last day of the golf.

Sounds good mate, have a good one.