Golf

kplfishtank

9 hours ago, drewgardiner88 said:

Playing a match at Hilton park on Wed.. Both courses. Are they any Good? Any holes to watch out for? 

Was a member up there for a year. The Hilton course is a bit of a slog but decent enough. 17th is the standout hole. The Allander is shorter and narrower. 5th is my favourite hole dog leg right down onto a green surrounded by water that needs a drive slighly left of centre.

15 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

It's so frustrating, and it's totally unfair. It's a shame too, as he's such a talent. Some of his shots this week, again, have been incredible.

Fantastic save from DJ to force the playoff............

I really struggle to give Speith any credit, apart from his mental putting. Never seen anyone hole so many 30 footers 

Had a Jordan Speith moment today. 8th at North Berwick par 5. Driving range runs along the right hand side. I slice it from the tee wind makes it 10x worse thought it was gone so hit a provisional which was a cracker as they always are! Walking up the fairway someone on the range is waving at us. I walk over and my ball is sitting about a yard from the guy using the range I apologise and go pick it up he stops me and tells me it's in play. According to my watch I was 260 away from the green so would usually hit a wood. Back to my bag and grabbed a 5 iron :lol: whole range stopped to watch me hit my shot. Delighted I just got it back in play :lol:

3 minutes ago, LiviGer said:

Had a Jordan Speith moment today. 8th at North Berwick par 5. Driving range runs along the right hand side. I slice it from the tee wind makes it 10x worse thought it was gone so hit a provisional which was a cracker as they always are! Walking up the fairway someone on the range is waving at us. I walk over and my ball is sitting about a yard from the guy using the range I apologise and go pick it up he stops me and tells me it's in play. According to my watch I was 260 away from the green so would usually hit a wood. Back to my bag and grabbed a 5 iron :lol: whole range stopped to watch me hit my shot. Delighted I just got it back in play :lol:

You didnae take 20 minutes to hit your shot then?

On 28/08/2017 at 9:59 AM, wullyRFC said:

Was a member up there for a year. The Hilton course is a bit of a slog but decent enough. 17th is the standout hole. The Allander is shorter and narrower. 5th is my favourite hole dog leg right down onto a green surrounded by water that needs a drive slighly left of centre.

Played today. Both decent courses. 5th on allendar is a cracking hole. Missed a 3 footer for par on it though ?

16 minutes ago, drewgardiner88 said:

Played today. Both decent courses. 5th on allendar is a cracking hole. Missed a 3 footer for par on it though ?

Was only 454 for the year for me for both course because I'm under 30. Couldn't find that value anywhere else.

On 28/08/2017 at 7:06 PM, LiviGer said:

Pressure shot.

Last week a blew it at the 10th this week the 16th, went out on 41 thought I was hitting the ball better than last week, was 1 under for the back 9 on the 16th tee then topped it with my 2nd tried to thump it walked away with a 6 then finished bogey par in with a 70 which is 1 under my mate had a 66 so he might win it. 

another boot in the stones yesterday.

Having a good round - 5 over but playing well enough and then I put my ball a little right at the 14th off my drive      - not in any real trouble but just off the fairway. However, it's a little wet there and I was a little worried it would plug and disappear. True enough, walked up and the place is a fucking marsh and the ball is gone. Went back and played another and walked off with a 7. Game over. heads gone, next 4 holes are a bogey, treble bogey, par, bogey.

it wasn't even a bad shot and the games ruined. I'm writing to the committee about that area of the course cause that shouldn't be happening when I was so far in play.

On 02/09/2017 at 4:15 PM, RFC RYAN said:

Last week a blew it at the 10th this week the 16th, went out on 41 thought I was hitting the ball better than last week, was 1 under for the back 9 on the 16th tee then topped it with my 2nd tried to thump it walked away with a 6 then finished bogey par in with a 70 which is 1 under my mate had a 66 so he might win it. 

Just seen howdidido there, I said my mate might win it he is in 3rd class and 2 other guys in his class had a 61 (-10) the css was 70 so no cut for me.