Golf

kplfishtank

On 03/09/2017 at 4:54 PM, cushynumber said:

another boot in the stones yesterday.

Having a good round - 5 over but playing well enough and then I put my ball a little right at the 14th off my drive      - not in any real trouble but just off the fairway. However, it's a little wet there and I was a little worried it would plug and disappear. True enough, walked up and the place is a fucking marsh and the ball is gone. Went back and played another and walked off with a 7. Game over. heads gone, next 4 holes are a bogey, treble bogey, par, bogey.

it wasn't even a bad shot and the games ruined. I'm writing to the committee about that area of the course cause that shouldn't be happening when I was so far in play.

After reading your post googled it and found this article.

http://www.barryrhodes.com/2014/06/when-ball-is-lost-in-abnormal-ground.html?m=1

If it is known or virtually certain that a ball that has not been found is in an abnormal ground condition, the player may take relief under this Rule. If he elects to do so, the spot where the ball last crossed the outermost limits of the abnormal ground condition must be determined and, for the purpose of applying this Rule, the ball is deemed to lie at this spot  ...

21 hours ago, drewgardiner88 said:

After reading your post googled it and found this article.

http://www.barryrhodes.com/2014/06/when-ball-is-lost-in-abnormal-ground.html?m=1

If it is known or virtually certain that a ball that has not been found is in an abnormal ground condition, the player may take relief under this Rule. If he elects to do so, the spot where the ball last crossed the outermost limits of the abnormal ground condition must be determined and, for the purpose of applying this Rule, the ball is deemed to lie at this spot  ...

I didn't know about that rules, thanks very much. I'm gonna bring that up with my pro.

What irons are we all using ? I use the AP1 2012s think it might be time for a new set for a wee while but don't mind my current irons. Like the look of the new AP1 and CB from Titleist also like a few sets from Mizuno and Callaway. Think it will be between they Titleist, Callaway and Mizuno. 

5 hours ago, RFC RYAN said:

What irons are we all using ? I use the AP1 2012s think it might be time for a new set for a wee while but don't mind my current irons. Like the look of the new AP1 and CB from Titleist also like a few sets from Mizuno and Callaway. Think it will be between they Titleist, Callaway and Mizuno. 

Taylor made burner 2,s

22 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Still with my old trusty mizuno mp30s. Served me well for 12 years but next season I'm going new.

Love mizuno irons, so I'll be in this market again.

3 weeks today and I'm off to Marbella golfing with 7 mates. Can't wait.

I'm away next Thursday way 7 of my m8s to moriera, 3days golf in the sun...whats not to like?

4 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

This is my 3rd trip away this year golfing with the lads.....if only I could golf??

We've been planning this one for couple years. Getting us all together, one my mates stays in London, another in Bermuda so it's going to be brilliant getting us all together.

Plenty golf and plenty drink

32 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

We've been planning this one for couple years. Getting us all together, one my mates stays in London, another in Bermuda so it's going to be brilliant getting us all together.

Plenty golf and plenty drink

What courses you playing bud?

Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Santana, Las Brisas, Torrequebrada n can't mind the 4th one mate 

Played Santana years ago and torrequebradda the last 2 years?sentana has a cracking par 5 early on in the round, let us know what lad brisas is like, we go to benelmadena most years so we're always on the lookout for different courses

Was watching a pro on YouTube compare the new irons coming out it was Titleist AP2 and the new taylormades coming out 2 seven irons the loft on the taylormade was more like a six irons so it was going further. I think companies should be putting the loft on the bottom of the clubs as the number are becoming irrelevant if you are comparing them to other manufacturers anyone else agree ? Seems to be getting more regular. 

Not golfed abroad in a couple of years can't beat goring in the sun. 

3 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Will do mate. I'm looking forward to it. Not played any of them so it'll be a fresh challenge. 

Been to that area just outside Malaga didn't play Santana but others golfers we spoke to said that was the one to play this was about 4-5 years back, they said if you book again to get a game at Santana. 

1 minute ago, RFC RYAN said:

Been to that area just outside Malaga didn't play Santana but others golfers we spoke to said that was the one to play this was about 4-5 years back, they said if you book again to get a game at Santana. 

My mates mum n dad gave a villa out there so we are all staying there but he was saying the courses are all decent.

Itll be good laugh anyway.

6 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Before had my back surgery was off 1, but 3 years off n starting to play again this season I'm sitting at 9 now.

Next season hopefully get it back down. ?

Not bad at all. I'm shite probably about 18-20 never been good enough to even look at my handicap ? not played in years, always say next year I'll get back to it, but next year never comes lol