Golf

kplfishtank

Got sunstroke on the course yesterday 40+ degrees but not before i tamed this wee beauty 9th at Kiarti Thani. Drove to the dogleg at 250 then stuck an 8 iron over the water and bunker 10ft beyond the pin and sank my putt. S.I 5. Playing in that kind of heat is a total nightmare. Soaked with sweat 4 changes of gloves, drank 6 litres of juice and playing in a 5

ball. 5.5 fucking hours. In the water once and one bunker.h9.2.jpg.b678027f251deb2e0101a786e4e9e47a.jpg

What an end to the season. Young Schauffele going at it with Thomas

Thomas is in at -11. Both are tied for the lead after Thomas just misses a birdie on the last.

A birdie from Schauffele on the last would seal the win. Either way Thomas has just secured a cool $10million!

Oh, and I need Schauffele for a nice £400+!

Sods law for me in Saturday was 3 under scratch on the back nine on Saturday, pity it was a bloody 4 ball team event, with two people out the four scoring. End if the season and I find some form. Bloody typical. 

The rest if the team was two over nett for the back nine.

On 25 September 2017 at 21:50, dummiesoot said:

Sods law for me in Saturday was 3 under scratch on the back nine on Saturday, pity it was a bloody 4 ball team event, with two people out the four scoring. End if the season and I find some form. Bloody typical. 

The rest if the team was two over nett for the back nine.

The Kyle Lafferty of Golf

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, cushynumber said:

No chance. Teams are coming in with scores in the 50's sometimes.

Conditions were tough. Course was wet so the greens were slowing up. Would be surprised if there was a score in the 50s. Think low 60s will win it. 

11 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

Our course has banned power trolleys from now till end of October and will be reviewed for November. 

Where is that mate? 

I was in a buggy last week on my course. Was playing mid week so trying to rattle round in the daylight. Far too wet for the buggy. Told the greenstaff when I got back in. They starting talking pish about the water tables and stuff. I switched off :lol:

1 hour ago, LiviGer said:

Where is that mate? 

I was in a buggy last week on my course. Was playing mid week so trying to rattle round in the daylight. Far too wet for the buggy. Told the greenstaff when I got back in. They starting talking pish about the water tables and stuff. I switched off :lol:

Haggs Castle 

9 hours ago, cushynumber said:

Winter rules, but when you drive into the rough, you should play it as it lies. Not put a fuckin mat down in the rough and give yourself a perfect lie. Higher handicappers are murder for this. 

Another one they do is preferred lies, "aye pal, you are in 6 inches of lush green shit and can improve the lie, very good!" 

Does anyone know the rule on this? Down the side of one of the fairways at my course it is GUR, I was playing in a stableford comp on Saturday and a boy in our group fires it in to there off the tee. We head down to have a look and cant find it. I thought he would have to go back to the tee and hit another but he said as we agreed it went in to the GUR he gets a free drop even though he didn't find it. I couldn't be arsed arguing with him so just told him to do whatever he wanted, he was well out of the running anyway. Just want to know if hes a cheating bastard or no!

Does anyone know the rule on this? Down the side of one of the fairways at my course it is GUR, I was playing in a stableford comp on Saturday and a boy in our group fires it in to there off the tee. We head down to have a look and cant find it. I thought he would have to go back to the tee and hit another but he said as we agreed it went in to the GUR he gets a free drop even though he didn't find it. I couldn't be arsed arguing with him so just told him to do whatever he wanted, he was well out of the running anyway. Just want to know if hes a cheating bastard or no!

You cannot lose a ball in GUR only if your playing partners agree the ball has went into GUR you also need to try and agree the drop point.

5 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

You cannot lose a ball in GUR only if your playing partners agree the ball has went into GUR you also need to try and agree the drop point.

My mistake then, I though you had to find it in the GUR to get the free drop or it was classed as a lost ball.

I would have thought it is covered under the abnormal rule mentioned a few pages back. Free drop where it entered the GUR.

9 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I would have thought it is covered under the abnormal rule mentioned a few pages back. Free drop where it entered the GUR.

Just read through it, thats good to know as I was told that I had to find the ball first.