Golf

kplfishtank

Just now, LiviGer said:

Just read through it, thats good to know as I was told that I had to find the ball first. 

the exact opposite in fact - the ball has to be lost, everyone has to agree it went into the dodgy area -  which itself has to meet certain pre-conditions. I would imagine GUR automatically qualifies for those conditions simply by the fact its GUR

58 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

the exact opposite in fact - the ball has to be lost, everyone has to agree it went into the dodgy area -  which itself has to meet certain pre-conditions. I would imagine GUR automatically qualifies for those conditions simply by the fact its GUR

Think the confusion is that its not staked, its a wooded area thats usually covered in bark so you can find the ball if it goes in, its overgrown a bit so the captain and the committee decided to make it GUR until it was sorted.

I had a good weekends golf. Played in the Winter league omn saturday and was 5 down after 10 (giving 11 strokes away) but played the last 9 in level par and managed to half the match - dormy 3 as well. The other guy was vomiting. On sunday met a guy at the first tee and played against him - giving away 9 strokes and was 3 down after 4 but again bounced back for a 3&2 victory.

lesson - I need to stop drinking the night before golf

51 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I had a good weekends golf. Played in the Winter league omn saturday and was 5 down after 10 (giving 11 strokes away) but played the last 9 in level par and managed to half the match - dormy 3 as well. The other guy was vomiting. On sunday met a guy at the first tee and played against him - giving away 9 strokes and was 3 down after 4 but again bounced back for a 3&2 victory.

lesson - I need to stop drinking the night before golf

Know the feeling mate, I was standing over putts yesterday with the jakey shakes!

7 hours ago, jackunion said:

£50 a head on tee of times for a round at Ryder cup course at gleneagles.

would love to jump on that trouble is has to be a fourball.

Actually prefer the Kings course, the pga course is kinda bland in comparison 

42 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

Don’t fancy hitting off a mat so unless we get a cheeky wee day down the coast again that’s my clubs away till spring.

We move it into the rough or off a mat up to yourself. 

Anyway was sitting on 18 points on the 8th tee hit a drive up the left didn't have a 2nd shot so decided to hit a 6 iron up the 7th hole and lost the ball must have been plugged or under a leaf and wasn't walking back as it was Baltic got a par at the 9th for 20 points. I was out in 29 without counting the 8th but it was winter greens. Then came back in 19 points had a blob up the last so had 39 points not scoring on 2 holes never do well in the winter would put money on it being my best score this winter. It was me my dad and another guy we know the other guy had 45 points he was sinking everything. 

winter league 4 ball got beat 3&2. The guy I was paired with I have never even seen before and plays off 23. he done nothing the entire round and wasn't even taking it that seriously till about the 9th when he had a tap-in for the hole and fresh-aired it. I was fucking seething and my face was tripping me.

gross 75 as well, full greens ( and i play off the rough rather than mat) so pleased with the way i was striking the ball, but the two guys we were playing were both off 16 and dovetailed nicely and I felt I was playing them myself because of the useless cunt I had with me.

Not bitter though...:lol:

6 hours ago, cushynumber said:

winter league 4 ball got beat 3&2. The guy I was paired with I have never even seen before and plays off 23. he done nothing the entire round and wasn't even taking it that seriously till about the 9th when he had a tap-in for the hole and fresh-aired it. I was fucking seething and my face was tripping me.

gross 75 as well, full greens ( and i play off the rough rather than mat) so pleased with the way i was striking the ball, but the two guys we were playing were both off 16 and dovetailed nicely and I felt I was playing them myself because of the useless cunt I had with me.

Not bitter though...:lol:

How does your winter league work ? We are just stableford but seen a few folk saying it's doubles with different folk. 

2 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

How does your winter league work ? We are just stableford but seen a few folk saying it's doubles with different folk. 

they do a draw every week, typically 4 ball depending on numbers you may get drawn in the 2 ball. Different partner ever week based on the draw. 90% of the low man handicap and match play. 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw

Just now, cushynumber said:

they do a draw every week, typically 4 ball depending on numbers you may get drawn in the 2 ball. Different partner ever week based on the draw. 90% of the low man handicap and match play. 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw

Ahh right so say you and your partner win you get 3 points each and that goes to your points on the league. That's a good way saves all the cheating with stableford. 

Tap in and fresh airing it :lol::lol: 

3 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Ahh right so say you and your partner win you get 3 points each and that goes to your points on the league. That's a good way saves all the cheating with stableford. 

Tap in and fresh airing it :lol::lol: 

he was laughing after it as well. I fuckin wasn't. I'm not there to enjoy myself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...