Golf

kplfishtank

29 minutes ago, gazza27 said:

Brilliant last round mate the way it should be and good to see tiger doing it again after his last tournament,keeping it going 

I think everyone thought he was done, myself. His body, physical, mental, and emotional state and personal life have been all over the place these past few years. If you'd seen him trying to play, trying to compete and continuously have to withdraw over those years you'd have thought he'd have no chance. Just to be back in contention these past few weeks is very impressive and testament to how much he wants it. It's also great for the game. I really think he's back this time. To what level I have no idea but he'll certainly win again IMO and another Major is not out of the question. His game looks good and he seems to be enjoying it again.

It's gonna be tough though with Rory, Henrik and Justin all flying not to mention Spieth, Thomas, Day, Garcia. Rahm, Casey etc. The depth of quality these days is incredible. The Ryder Cup could be sensational too. Already for Europe you're looking at Mcilroy, Stenson, Rose, Casey, Garcia, Rahm for starters then you have the likes of Fleetwood, Noren, Hatton, Cabrera Bello, Pieters etc. 

And barring a 5 shot swing from Mcilroy vs Fowler a slightly decent end to a terrible weekend

Sixfold(s) To WinHide Details

Luke List @ 10/11Tournament Match Bets DNBWon

Emiliano Grillo v Luke List

Justin Rose @ 10/11Tournament Match Bets DNBOpen

Jason Day v Justin Rose

Tommy Fleetwood @ 4/5Tournament Match Bets DNBWon

Tommy Fleetwood v Tyrrell Hatton

Rory McIlroy @ 5/6Tournament Match Bets DNBOpen

Rory McIlroy v Rickie Fowler

Zach Johnson @ 4/5Tournament Match Bets DNBWon

Zach Johnson v Jason Kokrak

Patrick Reed @ 5/6Tournament Match Bets DNBOpen

Brian Harman v Patrick Reed

Stake: £8.00Potential Returns: £317.52

2 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I think everyone thought he was done, myself. His body, physical, mental, and emotional state and personal life have been all over the place these past few years. If you'd seen him trying to play, trying to compete and continuously have to withdraw over those years you'd have thought he'd have no chance. Just to be back in contention these past few weeks is very impressive and testament to how much he wants it. It's also great for the game. I really think he's back this time. To what level I have no idea but he'll certainly win again IMO and another Major is not out of the question. His game looks good and he seems to be enjoying it again.

It's gonna be tough though with Rory, Henrik and Justin all flying not to mention Spieth, Thomas, Day, Garcia. Rahm, Casey etc. The depth of quality these days is incredible. The Ryder Cup could be sensational too. Already for Europe you're looking at Mcilroy, Stenson, Rose, Casey, Garcia, Rahm for starters then you have the likes of Fleetwood, Noren, Hatton, Cabrera Bello, Pieter etc. 

Good post,am pished so don’t think I’ve managed to read it all but am saying good post anyway.golf is better with tiger playing whether folk like him or not 

16 minutes ago, gazza27 said:

Good to see Rory back playing well aswell

Go on Rory.

Paul Casey's back to his sometimes genius best too when winning last weeks pga. Golf is ultra competitive just now with a huge number of younger players coming through challenging to win tournaments . England in particular has an abundance of extremely talented players able to compete at the top level such as Casey, Rose, Hatton and Fleetwood etc albeit they're up against top class performers such as DJ, Speith and Thomas etc. Bring on the Masters, can't wait.

11 hours ago, RFC RYAN said:

What area you in ? What’s the options ano you have posted before but can’t be bothered looking back.

Fife mate, only started playing last year so looking to join club to get handycap.

Been looking at balbirnie or aberdour.

15 minutes ago, BlearyEyedBear said:

Kevin Kisner is having possibly the worst round of golf I’ve ever seen.

It's a tough watch. That said I think the format is just too long IMO. It's happened a few times over the years that the Saturday and Sunday is literally a survival of the fittest where the golf struggles a little. The quality always seems to deteriorate. Potentially playing 72 holes in the last 2 days is a big ask physically, mentally and emotionally. 

In fairness Bubba is handling it pretty well although it does help when your opponent is bogeying everything..................