Golf

kplfishtank

tired of getting to 150-155 yards out to front of green and not being as accurate as i would like so have decided to purchase the M4 hybrid 28 degree loft. I tried the m2 variant last year and it was a superb club - in my trial round with it i never missed a green from that range -  yet for some reason didnt buy it. So I have decided to bite the bullet. Its not cheap at £159 but i think it will be worth it.

I also purchased its brother hybrid 19 degree, to try and cut down on the fairway wood usage.

7 hours ago, cushynumber said:

tired of getting to 150-155 yards out to front of green and not being as accurate as i would like so have decided to purchase the M4 hybrid 28 degree loft. I tried the m2 variant last year and it was a superb club - in my trial round with it i never missed a green from that range -  yet for some reason didnt buy it. So I have decided to bite the bullet. Its not cheap at £159 but i think it will be worth it.

I also purchased its brother hybrid 19 degree, to try and cut down on the fairway wood usage.

Been thinking about getting another rescue myself, for the 165 distance had enough of my 4 iron want to make my 5 iron my lowest iron try make the game easier I have a 19 degree the now just a 23 would be ideal and suits the first hole at my course. My 5 iron is 26 degrees going with google 712 AP1 Titleist. 

8 hours ago, cushynumber said:

I’ve done away with 3 wood and put a 16 degree hybrid in for th season. 

Bag will run driver, 16 degree hybrid, 19 degree hybrid, 4-pw, 50, 54, 58 degree wedges n putter. 

New irons n wedges should be here this week too, then the fun begins. 

58 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Bag will run driver, 16 degree hybrid, 19 degree hybrid, 4-pw, 50, 54, 58 degree wedges n putter. 

I'll end up with 4,5,6,7 s hybrids really. First iron will be 8 iron.

13 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Ive never been keen on long irons. I just feel more comfortable with the hybrid - and i find that rather than pull out the 7 iron, Ive been coming down the shaft on the 6 hybrid.

If your not that comfortable then it’s the best option. 

Ive always liked long irons, for years had 2 iron down n loved them but those two hybrids make a huge difference though. 

When I went for my iron fitting I couldn’t get away with the difference. Was hitting everything 9-12 yards further. Always been a standard fit, regular shafts but fitting has taken me to shafts 32g lighter but stiff shafts. 

10 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

used to take my dads old chipper and a putter down to the "pitch and putt" in brodie park :lol: havent see or used one in years thats actually called that

A few of my winter league crew have them, one still has the original. Horrible things for oaps

5 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

What kind of irons and wedges you getting  mate ? 

8 hours ago, RFC RYAN said:

What kind of irons and wedges you getting  mate ? 

Went for Ping i200 irons. Couldn’t get away with how nice they were to hit.

And went for Mizuno T7 wedges in sectarian blue ??. Best wedges I ever had were mizuno black ox years ago so wanted to try them again and these were just lovely. 

D084D4BB-025D-4AAA-A520-58E12ED54F58.jpeg

A6E3B0A7-FDCF-474A-BD79-D4EC4181DF9B.jpeg

1 minute ago, dummiesoot said:

Love Ping clubs, have driver, 5 metal, S55 irons and Ping putter. Only a Cleveland 52 degree, callaway 56 degree and 60 degree wedges break it up 

I had never given ping a thought as I’ve played Mizuno muscle back irons for so long but went along to a fitting and tried everything but the ping irons felt amazing.

On average 9-12 yards further than what I was hitting, but also felt forgiving as well as looking nice behind the ball. 

37 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

And went for Mizuno T7 wedges in sectarian blue ??. Best wedges I ever had were mizuno black ox years ago so wanted to try them again and these were just lovely. 

They wedges are outstanding. 

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I was at the driving range last week and I picked up they ping irons and they felt amazing holding them. 

They wedges :drool:

8 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

I was at the driving range last week and I picked up they ping irons and they felt amazing holding them. 

They wedges :drool:

I was actually surprised at how nice they were. Give them a bash mate you’ll like them. 

The wedges are beautiful, looking forward to getting them in the bag. 

8 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I was actually surprised at how nice they were. Give them a bash mate you’ll like them. 

The wedges are beautiful, looking forward to getting them in the bag. 

What dot are you mate ? 

Just looked online my clubs are 2 degrees upright and going with ping is a green dot :britney: