kplfishtank

Rangersmedia Golf Society

On 05/06/2018 at 17:16, RFC RYAN said:

Yeah I think that’s it that’s whats coming up when I google it. 

very hilly. few nice holes but don't expect anything other than a public course

• Like 1

67 today for me, will be back to single figures. After the surgery I’m now like a dug with two dicks knowing that I can play to a decent standard again.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

67 today for me, will be back to single figures. After the surgery I’m now like a dug with two dicks knowing that I can play to a decent standard again.

what's your handicap

Nr at the first today for me the first is a par 3 hit a terrible 5 iron right but didn’t think it was in any trouble and couldn’t see it couldn’t be bothered walking back would never do it and hold up the course didn’t even think it was in trouble at all. My old man had a 64 eagled a par 4 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Nr at the first today for me the first is a par 3 hit a terrible 5 iron right but didn’t think it was in any trouble and couldn’t see it couldn’t be bothered walking back would never do it and hold up the course didn’t even think it was in trouble at all. My old man had a 64 eagled a par 4 

Ouch!

11 minutes ago, geneva_ger said:

Ouch!

Always said a would never walk back 😂😂

• Like 1

Who is that wee blonde stunner summarising on sky golf for the Curtis Cup? 

Club championship on Saturday hopefully qualify for the handicap championship the following week. 

Got a doubles tie tonight.

I've recently changed my grip from interlocking to vardon. It has cured my hook but now have a habit of slicing it, very annoying.

On 10/06/2018 at 00:35, dummiesoot said:

Who is that wee blonde stunner summarising on sky golf for the Curtis Cup? 

Someday Boulden....Amy I think

10 hours ago, RFC RYAN said:

Club championship on Saturday hopefully qualify for the handicap championship the following week. 

Same out championship on Saturday too.

Was in the Pro Shop today, new pair of under armour trousers, 2 Adidas polos and cost me nothing. I love having a good season and bank rolling money into my account 👍

3 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Same out championship on Saturday too.

Was in the Pro Shop today, new pair of under armour trousers, 2 Adidas polos and cost me nothing. I love having a good season and bank rolling money into my account 👍

My hole in one got me a few quid that a just put in my account will go towards a new set of irons in the next year or so. 

• Like 1

Got beat 3 and 2 tonight, probably best ive played all year but my partner was playing like a cow.

A was 68 scratch on my own ball for the 16 holes. The boys we were playing were off scratch and 6. Club champs on saturday so good preparation for that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Someday Boulden....Amy I think

She didnae look as good the next night. 

Cannae Aw be stunning all the time like masel'

Playing the Laguna course this Sunday in Vilamoura 

Went for a hit late afternoon the day pulling a couple of drives played 16 7 on the back 9 and birdied 3 of them hit a few nice irons. The thing is a couple of holes I am pulling them have trouble and you ball is basically lost if you pull it off the tee. Had a few nice chips which I have been struggling with tried to just pick a spot to land it on and it was working ok just have to choose the right club in the different lies . What do we all use round the greens ? Usually use my 54 or 50 but tried my PW for a couple and it worked alright. Can get some stop with my 54 and 50. No doubt I will be posting tomorrow that I have had a nightmare like usual. 

A day for the waterproofs a think. 

Not worth mentioning how it went today not got 2 swings the same. 

1 hour ago, RFC RYAN said:

Not worth mentioning how it went today not got 2 swings the same. 

I was the same. Think everyone that played had a nightmare. Everyone soaked thru. Clubs and bag are currently drying out in the kitchen.

• Like 1

Pros day yesterday. Started great first 9 holes then after that some good some bad 

still it’s always nice for a fun day. 

Played Laguna today at Vilamoura, shot 3 over with a triple and double bogey, so very pleased overall with my play. 

• Like 1

On 15/06/2018 at 22:48, RFC RYAN said:

Went for a hit late afternoon the day pulling a couple of drives played 16 7 on the back 9 and birdied 3 of them hit a few nice irons. The thing is a couple of holes I am pulling them have trouble and you ball is basically lost if you pull it off the tee. Had a few nice chips which I have been struggling with tried to just pick a spot to land it on and it was working ok just have to choose the right club in the different lies . What do we all use round the greens ? Usually use my 54 or 50 but tried my PW for a couple and it worked alright. Can get some stop with my 54 and 50. No doubt I will be posting tomorrow that I have had a nightmare like usual. 

Use my sand wedge anywhere outside of the green up to 40-50 yards, always stops dead on the green for me.

Tried everything else including that XE1 wedge thats meant to be a sort of cheat club for people who are awful around the greens. 

50 for 100+ yds, 56 for 85 and 60 for 75 yds. 60 any time I'm greenside bunkers.

Got a tie tomorrow afternoon giving the guy 3 shots not played a tie in about a year and the guy has been near the top in comps the last few weeks. I have been so up and down the last few weeks but played with a 2 handicapper on Tuesday he said I just have to compose myself a little more that’s how am up and down he was 3 under the other night when I played with him. 

Anyone played Moffat ?