Golf

kplfishtank

2 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Anyone played Roukon Glen ? My dad won a 4 ball there and I got Largs for nearest the pin really like Largs so happy with that. I think Roukon Glen is near Pollok. 

Deaconsbank?

Played it a few times, but it's since been taken over by David Lloyd. It was a public course when it was just Deaconsbank, so wasn't anything special. Might be improved now it's owned by David Lloyd.

16 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Deaconsbank?

Played it a few times, but it's since been taken over by David Lloyd. It was a public course when it was just Deaconsbank, so wasn't anything special. Might be improved now it's owned by David Lloyd.

Yeah I think that’s it that’s whats coming up when I google it. 

Nr at the first today for me the first is a par 3 hit a terrible 5 iron right but didn’t think it was in any trouble and couldn’t see it couldn’t be bothered walking back would never do it and hold up the course didn’t even think it was in trouble at all. My old man had a 64 eagled a par 4 

16 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Nr at the first today for me the first is a par 3 hit a terrible 5 iron right but didn’t think it was in any trouble and couldn’t see it couldn’t be bothered walking back would never do it and hold up the course didn’t even think it was in trouble at all. My old man had a 64 eagled a par 4 

Ouch!

11 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

DJ wins by 6, holing out for victory. Most laid back sportsmen on the planet!

I had a few pounds on Andrew Putnam before the off at 125/1 solely because he'd been high up on the leaderboards of recent pga tournies. 

I cannot complain thought in light of the fact i won a decent few quid the week before on Bryson Dechambeau who was the leader going into round 4 however I didn't hold much hope for Putnam when he was up against big DJ whose warming up for the US Open and when I saw the double bogey at the first hole knew it was never in doubt. 

However, young Andrew has been playing consistent tidy golf and at these sorts of prices may be worth a punt in future tournaments when the likes of Big DJ is not involved but golf is a very hard unpredictable sport to call and being honest I thought Bryson had blown it last week when it went to a play off but he prevailed and I was delighted.

i have more joy betting with the pga though than the european ones. When big DJ is in form and blasting over 350 yard tee shots leaving him 25 feet or so for an eagle its hard to bet against him.

A terrific sport. Love it.

:UK:

19 minutes ago, sondicklg said:

I had a few pounds on Andrew Putnam before the off at 125/1 solely because he'd been high up on the leaderboards of recent pga tournies. 

I cannot complain thought in light of the fact i won a decent few quid the week before on Bryson Dechambeau who was the leader going into round 4 however I didn't hold much hope for Putnam when he was up against big DJ whose warming up for the US Open and when I saw the double bogey at the first hole knew it was never in doubt. 

However, young Andrew has been playing consistent tidy golf and at these sorts of prices may be worth a punt in future tournaments when the likes of Big DJ is not involved but golf is a very hard unpredictable sport to call and being honest I thought Bryson had blown it last week when it went to a play off but he prevailed and I was delighted.

i have more joy betting with the pga though than the european ones. When big DJ is in form and blasting over 350 yard tee shots leaving him 25 feet or so for an eagle its hard to bet against him.

A terrific sport. Love it.

I always bet on outsiders or at least bet on great players who start slowly whereby their odds lengthen after day 1 but you know they're good enough to turn it round even if they're 10+ shots behind. Always looking for value. No point in betting on big players at short odds IMO. Too much risk for little reward, generally speaking.

There will always be tournaments where the likes of DJ, Rory, Thomas, Day, Spieth etc will play lights out golf though and blow the field away but more often than not if you stick with outsiders you certainly win a fair few times and at great odds! Some of the odds you get on some players is incredible. It's an absolute minefield picking winners at times but the good thing with that is the bookies don't know what to do and pretty much overprice everyone outside the top 10 or so.

5 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I always bet on outsiders or at least bet on great players who start slowly whereby their odds lengthen after day 1 but you know they're good enough to turn it round even if they're 10+ shots behind. Always looking for value. No point in betting on big players at short odds IMO. Too much risk for little reward, generally speaking.

There will always be tournaments where the likes of DJ, Rory, Thomas, Day, Spieth etc will play lights out golf though and blow the field away but more often than not if you stick with outsiders you certainly win a fair few times and at great odds! Some of the odds you get on some players is incredible. It's an absolute minefield picking winners at times but the good thing with that is the bookies don't know what to do and pretty much overprice everyone outside the top 10 or so.

I couldn't have put it better myself. 

Its an incredibly difficult call to bet on the outright winner and if big DJ hadn't been in this field I would have had a big priced winner. However most of the time its outside of the big name players who win the tour championships and its worth sticking with anyone you think has a chance above 33/1. I've had some big priced winners but also a run of months without a win and therefore know through experience how difficult it is to back the O/R winner before the off. 

Its so random but if picked correctly big prices are available.

Love it!

10 hours ago, RFC RYAN said:

Club championship on Saturday hopefully qualify for the handicap championship the following week. 

Same out championship on Saturday too.

Was in the Pro Shop today, new pair of under armour trousers, 2 Adidas polos and cost me nothing. I love having a good season and bank rolling money into my account ?

3 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Same out championship on Saturday too.

Was in the Pro Shop today, new pair of under armour trousers, 2 Adidas polos and cost me nothing. I love having a good season and bank rolling money into my account ?

My hole in one got me a few quid that a just put in my account will go towards a new set of irons in the next year or so.