Golf

kplfishtank

Got Koepka for win and Fleetwood each way so great day all round. 

Fleetwood was so unlucky. If he got to plus 1 I think he would have won it. Can't really argue with his round though. Superb.

Koepka is a machine. Similar to DJ. Just so relaxed and makes it look so easy. Made a couple of miracle par saves too. His major record is not too shabby.

29 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Got Koepka for win and Fleetwood each way so great day all round. 

Fleetwood was so unlucky. If he got to plus 1 I think he would have won it. Can't really argue with his round though. Superb.

Koepka is a machine. Similar to DJ. Just so relaxed and makes it look so easy. Made a couple of miracle par saves too. His major record is not too shabby.

There's some very big names who turn up and play in the bog standard every other week competitions who appear as favorites with the bookies yet hardly hit a ball in earnest and some random wins it. Koepka like many of the top talented big names only very seriously compete at Majors time. 

Koepka is a big hitting serious player and suited to the US Open in particular.

Love presenting my winning slip at the bookies and trying not to look too smug, very difficult though as they very gladly take our money knowing they'll very probably keep it in absence of paying out winnings. Yaas.

:UK:

Probably far too late and does stink of a PR advised statement but I see that Phil has apologised for his antics on the Saturday. 

He is so loved that at the same time we have USGA officials still defending him and making excuses on why he wasn't given a DQ. 

Personally I've always liked him and can forgive the blip but his initial remarks will take time to be forgotten.

On 15/06/2018 at 22:48, RFC RYAN said:

Went for a hit late afternoon the day pulling a couple of drives played 16 7 on the back 9 and birdied 3 of them hit a few nice irons. The thing is a couple of holes I am pulling them have trouble and you ball is basically lost if you pull it off the tee. Had a few nice chips which I have been struggling with tried to just pick a spot to land it on and it was working ok just have to choose the right club in the different lies . What do we all use round the greens ? Usually use my 54 or 50 but tried my PW for a couple and it worked alright. Can get some stop with my 54 and 50. No doubt I will be posting tomorrow that I have had a nightmare like usual. 

Use my sand wedge anywhere outside of the green up to 40-50 yards, always stops dead on the green for me.

Tried everything else including that XE1 wedge thats meant to be a sort of cheat club for people who are awful around the greens. 

Got a tie tomorrow afternoon giving the guy 3 shots not played a tie in about a year and the guy has been near the top in comps the last few weeks. I have been so up and down the last few weeks but played with a 2 handicapper on Tuesday he said I just have to compose myself a little more that’s how am up and down he was 3 under the other night when I played with him. 

Anyone played Moffat ? 

30 minutes ago, geneva_ger said:

7 and 6?

Nah shook on the 17th went out in 3 over and started with 2 double bogeys bogeyed 10 and birdied 11 so was 3 over on the 12th tee and lost a ball had been hitting my driver great as well. Missed a 5ft putt at 16 to get it back to 1 but missed it that’s what a was most annoyed with. 

2 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

Played Millennium course in Vilamoura today, walked round, fucking physically demanding in that heat. Scored 2 over off the yellow tees, thinks the white tees in that heat would have ended me. 

I've always fancied the millennium course....is that the one you can play with the floodlights?

6 hours ago, hammer93 said:

I've always fancied the millennium course....is that the one you can play with the floodlights?

Sorry H93, no idea, the whole course and clubhouse shuts at 8pm this time of year and I don't recall seeing any floodlights so I don't think so. 

It is a good track with some lovely holes and in places is forgiving. 

8 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

Played Millennium course in Vilamoura today, walked round, fucking physically demanding in that heat. Scored 2 over off the yellow tees, thinks the white tees in that heat would have ended me. 

Good score round there. All The Oceanic Courses have been bought over by Dom Pedro Golf and we felt (over there in mid May) we weren’t getting looked after as well as previous years. They’ve changed tee times from every nine minutes to every 8 minutes, which doesn’t sound a lot but it means an extra 12.5% people on the courses. 

Yesterday Olesen shot an 8 on the par 3, 4th and followed it up with a bogey. Today he has just gone lights out and shot -11, 61 with a back 9 of 29, and currently has the clubhouse lead at -9! Think he'll probably just fall short  but he's certainly given the field chasing something to think about it as there is a lot of danger out there. Stunning effort though and his recent upturn in form continues...........

1 hour ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Yesterday Olesen shot an 8 on the par 3, 4th and followed it up with a bogey. Today he has just gone lights out and shot -11, 61 with a back 9 of 29, and currently has the clubhouse lead at -9! Think he'll probably just fall short  but he's certainly given the field chasing something to think about it as there is a lot of danger out there. Stunning effort though and his recent upturn in form continues...........

Def playing his way into Ryder Cup team. This could be two wins in space a month.

Kaymer has a mare on the 17th to all but hand it to Matt Wallace, who also throws himself into the Ryder Cup mix!

Not complaining!!

Single To Win

Matt Wallace @50/1

BMW International Open 2018 - Tournament Winner- Tournament Winner Live

Open

Stake: £14.00To return:£714.00

1 hour ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Kaymer has a mare on the 17th to all but hand it to Matt Wallace, who also throws himself into the Ryder Cup mix!

Not complaining!!

Single To Win

Matt Wallace @50/1

BMW International Open 2018 - Tournament Winner- Tournament Winner Live

Open

Stake: £14.00To return:£714.00

What the fuck was kaymer doing with that pitch, skulled it half way up the ball.

Genuinley would fancy my chances in a chipping contest against kaymer.