Golf

kplfishtank

15 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Anyone played the Carrickstone course at Dullater ? Just got a phone call asking if a wanted to play it this afternoon in a 4BBB. Only£10 a head. 

Not one I've played mate. But don't let that put you off, always good to try new courses.

Might just find a new gem and a tennar is nothing. 

Ok so as well as getting beat in 2 finals last week, as a glutten for punishment I went out this week in the medal.   I play off six and found myself 1 over par after 17. I then proceeded to take a 10 at the last after finding a bunker in 2 a taking 6 to get out then 2 putting.

I fucking hate golf. If I could still play football I wouldn't go near a golf course.

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

Ok so as well as getting beat in 2 finals last week, as a glutten for punishment I went out this week in the medal.   I play off six and found myself 1 over par after 17. I then proceeded to take a 10 at the last after finding a bunker in 2 a taking 6 to get out then 2 putting.

I fucking hate golf. If I could still play football I wouldn't go near a golf course.

Its a poofs game mate ???

Just in from Dullater booked last minute but was a excellent course little wet in a couple of places but the greens were so fast and running true happy I went  we had a 67 and were shocking a played well front 9 and my partner played well back 9.  63 was leading when we finished and we were third last out. The only fault I had was we went out at 1.30 and finished at 6.30 the group infront were a joke took about 10-15 minutes on each green. They were on a green we had walked onto the tee hit our shots(par 4) got to our drives and they still hadn't finished. Even for a 4 ball 5 hours is a joke. I got a 2 but doubt you get anything for it. 

4 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Slow play is the bane of amatuer golf. Everybody thinks there Rory fuckin mclroy.

Aye it's the worst bit of amateur golf. On certain holes at my club the etiquette has been changed to say as soon as you are ready play, dont worry about playing order on tee, just get on with it. 

These cunts with 7 and 8 practice swings need shot. 

4 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Aye it's the worst bit of amateur golf. On certain holes at my club the etiquette has been changed to say as soon as you are ready play, dont worry about playing order on tee, just get on with it. 

These cunts with 7 and 8 practice swings need shot. 

I was playing a medal yesterday with a guy a didn't know and the week before as well someone else and they both said to me no one is going to accuse you of slow play because I just go up and hit it don't even have a full practice swing. 

6 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

I was playing a medal yesterday with a guy a didn't know and the week before as well someone else and they both said to me no one is going to accuse you of slow play because I just go up and hit it don't even have a full practice swing. 

Think it will be a problem in most clubs. You get to know the guys not to play behind. Few years back I walked off after taking over an hour to play 4 holes, just soul destroying.

1 hour ago, dummiesoot said:

Helps if the team has no really short hitters, greatly restricts you on drive selection 

Ha, aye especially if they are short n inconsistent, never a good combo. 

Played one years ago on the 17th my mate drove the green on par 4 n didn't take his drive because this other boy needed a drive!!

On Saturday, September 10, 2016 at 9:13 PM, piperpete said:

Played Kings Acre today nice track but thev17th kills the auld legs , playing Royal Musselburgh tomorrow not played it for 20 years so hoping its as good as it was then, Goswick on monday great golf course, hope its not windy though.

Update on weekend, The Royal Musxelburgh was IN great nick as good greens as I have played on for a couple of years but It was busy,4hr 10min for 18 holes, the fish waz nice afterwards.Will not wait 20 Years to return as I will probabky be deed.

Goswick, simply superb greens not as good as the day before but all round Irs a superb course and a must for anyone who likes links golf.